Newsletter #2 - 2009-11-25

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

that is a very good idear but it would make things a lot more combacted and how would you be able to take down there mote you would have to make anover new unit that can do that called ditch fillers it would make the game to complext for less atcive players and about prem player joining worlds 6 hours befor every one else i dont like that idear becuse prem players all ready grow faster than other normal players with that it would end up as an unfair battel at the begiening for newer players

DeletedUser

Oh and another thing - I think it would be very useful to include a section on the tribal wars rules in this newsletter, I have found that a lot of players, even players who have played TW for over a year, are completly unaware of certain rules, and the constant banning of these players is one of the major factors leading to the decline of worlds, which is ultimately detrimental to both those worlds and to the community in general. Obviously just including a section on it in the news letter isn't going to solve the problem, but it helps it on it's way.

(And I don't mean just putting a link to the rules in the news letter, no-one will follow that, maybe a section explaining certain rules which often result in bans, and focus on a different issue each newsletter?)

2004 Artemis

The idea of Premium Accounts getting an early start on the world probably wouldn't be implemented because it goes against the idea of Premium. The whole purpose of Premium is to make things simpler and easier, but not impossible.

In theory (with enough activity), one can do everything that you could with a Premium Account, without it. TWmaps can replace the in-game map. An Excel spreadsheet can replace the incoming renamer. The various overviews as well as themass-recruit and mass-coin screens are replaced by activity.

DeletedUser

I'd just like to know if it would be possible for the 6.0 V to have a more specific placement system for when you start a new village. I just wanted to know because if I had a few friends that wanted to start playing and join my tribe it would be nice to make sure they arent starting halfway across the map from us.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser76859

I would like to see the ability to upgrade the village headquarters to a "Castle" once you have a maxed out your #1 village build and have a pre-determined number of villages under your control..
WHY, you ask?

I think a Castle would allow a player to better defend their #1 village, by giving the ability to build a mote around the exterior walls (thus making rams useless) because drawbridge would be up, and to build archery towers to help defend.
Also,
have Ballista's to counter rams and cats.

Once you have a Castle built, you can upgrade to a new troop type of 'Knights', which would be similar to Paladins, but without the advanced weapons.

I would also like to see us able to convert resources to gold for easier trading/buying/selling of resources from other players.

I also like the thought of having merchants that can go out and 'Farm', rather than combat troops...

These are just a couple of my thoughts to help improve the game and make it more interesting.....

CHEERS!

Well the thing about pallidens is that they are actualy worse then 10 of most infentry units and are realy only good for quick support so knights would be a good idea if you could get em at the statue at the village like 1 for a village so you can support someone quicker. Also i don't like the mote, why would there be rams then

sounds alot like warcraft also

DeletedUser

i would like to see more gif flash or other graphic elements, also make that search modul to INGAME forum system

ctrl + f FTW!!!!

As explained already, adding that type of function for every tribe's forum would take up way too much server space.

DeletedUser62440

I agree with the suggestion for a castle. I would suggest that catapults would be able to take it down. The catapults would take down the wall and all buildings :)

EDIT: a search function would be good. I use ctrl + F but it doesn't help if you're looking for a thread that could be in any of the forums. To combat the overload of the server could be achieved by only searching for thread titles rather then searching through the posts

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

EDIT: a search function would be good. I use ctrl + F but it doesn't help if you're looking for a thread that could be in any of the forums. To combat the overload of the server could be achieved by only searching for thread titles rather then searching through the posts

Are your foums that disorganized that you can't adequately figure out whicdh section the post you are looking for is in? :icon_confused:

DeletedUser62440

It's more of off topic stuff that could be anywhere. I mean they end up being in general or off topic or a shared off topic with a few allies

DeletedUser

kings

can we have kings in are villages in tribal wars :icon_idea::icon_idea:
and make more units:icon_idea:

DeletedUser

i dont like the idear of new types of troops becuse afther a wile you would no longer get a good old nuke

DeletedUser

yeap, we wouldnt be able to remember the feeling of launching a good 'ol nuke xD , but the knights idea is pretty good though :) , the mote thing is not that impressive ... anyways i suggest that we suggest MINOR changes, not some really big changes, 1 player =1 minor change ... 100players = 100minor changes= it turns out that we're asking for really big changes ,changes that change the game entirely, the game should be changed step by step,like version 6.0 brings the castle,and version 7.0 brings the mote , just an example,not to change the game at once to a whole different game ...

just my thoughts,i might be wrong :)

Raizinz

uhm first of all,i would like to thank you for creating this game,and thank the in-game team for all their work for us (players :p) :D, the game is great,it is also developing very nicely and rapidly i'd say :), as for version 6.0, i would like to suggest something that could make the game more intresting to play :D, i personally would like that in tribalwars to be included more animations ... i mean,like villagers moving around town and such :p, and something way to epic,is when you click the map to be able to see your troops moving towards your target :D , i thought that'd be a hell of a improvement for tribalwars :),im sure everybody would like that too :p

-Best Regards :)

I like this idea but I think that having troops moving around the map might cause a small problem. For example, if I had about 50 villages and decided to farm the whole day and sent out probly 100 attacks then it might get in the way if there were lines or something (that showed the path of the troops) and could cause confusion. But good suggestions though. ;) TW doing great.

DeletedUser

I think you all are doing a wonderful job. The only comment I have is a more chat-like mail system. It would make things alot easier for a tribe if you could use the mirc system in the game so we could converse rather than just mail one another. If possible set the chat system up so you can choose between tribe and all players. It would be interesting to chat with other tribe members, making it somewhat a community game as well as a war game.

DeletedUser40757

External forums work pretty well for that...the trick is getting people to participate :icon_sad:

DeletedUser

Because external forums are relatively pointless.

It's bad enough getting everyone to post in a regular forum, let alone one they have to create a separate account to access. :lol:

DeletedUser40757

Because external forums are relatively pointless.

It's bad enough getting everyone to post in a regular forum, let alone one they have to create a separate account to access. :lol:
That is true, but I don't blame them for not posting on the internal forums..A search function wouldn't really improve them, but the trusted forums were a good idea...more improvements like those, and the internals might actually be useful :lol:

drxavier

I have a couple of requests:-

1. CAT Attack

When you launch an attack from rally point. You fill in all details, click Attack

If you use CATs then before you press OK, you need to select a CAT TARGET via Attack building pull-down, default is HQ on the pull-down options.

Can this Attack building pull-down, be changed to a radio button list, maybe a list like that shown in Village overview, this would save a click on the mouse.

i.e. click attack, click cat target, click OK, away they go!

2. MINT (premium acc)

Something similar to 1.

In mint screen, can we have a radio button option or pull down menu, that say lets players mint 1 or 2 or 3.... up-to max coins for ALL villages in one go.

There are scripts that so this some of this type of work with configs, so maybe a game option is easy-ish to do?

thanks for listening

drX

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.