Newsletter #3 - 2009-12-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I think we should have an attack break definately..Like from Christmas Eve til' New Years Day..That way people can't be punished for not being able to get online..bah humbug to anyone who would rather be attacking people and playing on TribalWars than celebrating at Christmas.

DeletedUser

hello ... i would like to ask for no christmas break ... players can always set a sitter ... always someone who can sit

dean10

i think we should get a break.As not alot of people would get on.

DeletedUser

another thing even during real wars ww1 ww2 troops have downed weapons at christmas newyear have people forgotten its a time of peace and good will to all men and for those who have large mines and are heavily stocked easy solutions stop the mines producing ie attack break every thing stops when the break starts and restarts when the breaks over hows that for easy solution anyway at the end of the day whatever is decided it wont suit every one but tough its only a game some people forget this

DeletedUser

.. always someone who can sit

:icon_eek: Usually when 5th someone in a row asks "I need to be away for week/2weeks/month as i am going on holiday" all forums and chats die a horrible but silent death. Both Xmas and summer.

DeletedUser40757

Great newsletter by the way.

I propose the Christmas break should be threw 21 days that way those of us who take holidays over the Christmas and New Year period. Yes it seems a long time but it also caters for those who like myself have to travel long distances before reaching our holiday destinations, which I must be honest about with no computer at all, not even a laptop to work with. A holiday is just that a holiday to be enjoyed.
Get an account sitter. Some of us would actually rather be attacking :icon_eek::lol: Just think of it as spreading our own form of holiday cheer :p
Also the other issue is night time protection; I know we have international servers but surely those who register and inform you of their location; UK, USA, Australia for example the night time protection should be automatic. This will cut out the disheartening effect of waking up to find what you worked so hard to build had disappeared when you were asleep.

I suppose if those of us who are ill and can stay awake nights on end can fight a war, but there are those who need to sleep and work the next day.
UK has its own server, which has a night bonus protection.
Australia and the US do not, but if your involved in a major war, the players from the US and Australia could set each other as sitters...
That is the advantage of playing an international server, there are people on almost all the time, so you should be able to find a sitter.

DeletedUser

Breaks over Christmas and New Year should happen, but why don't the villages have a night mode where everything goes dark and the little buildings light up inside. I saw that on an ad for Tribal Wars but it hasn't happened with me yet. And I go on at 7:00 and 8:00pm sometimes. Do I have to stay up later?Also, I think we should maybe have more holidays, like for Easter, because everyone is normally busy on days like this. And we should get breaks on birthdays too. I like the newsletter-and Tribal Wars itself! Keep up the good work!

DeletedUser

Whether or not it will help you is not the issue, the issue is that the player may or may not want you to know, and it is their decision. If they want to give you information about the ban that is their choice, but if they choose to keep it private that is their right.

I disagree with that, they decided to cheat, it should be made public or at least to the persons in question, that may have been affected by that players actions.

DeletedUser

Anyways i think there will be a Poll so we can vote on the break or not... so that everyone would choose not only few people

DeletedUser

there probably will be a poll, if there isn't then i dunno what will happen.

DeletedUser

I think there should be a break on just attacking players not the barbs,but if not i think a break will be fine.It will show who the real tw players are.

DeletedUser62440

They've announced the attack breaks :) 5 days total which isn't too bad :)

DeletedUser

Breaks over Christmas and New Year should happen, but why don't the villages have a night mode where everything goes dark and the little buildings light up inside. I saw that on an ad for Tribal Wars but it hasn't happened with me yet. And I go on at 7:00 and 8:00pm sometimes. Do I have to stay up later?Also, I think we should maybe have more holidays, like for Easter, because everyone is normally busy on days like this. And we should get breaks on birthdays too. I like the newsletter-and Tribal Wars itself! Keep up the good work!

Because this is .net = international
Your not alone in this world , we dont have the same time zone and not all the world celebrated the same holydays

And 3 days break on a speedserver:2 like w44 way too long

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think that instead of, or in addition to the attack break, we should have some sort of "Holiday Savings Discount" and lower prices on noble packages/coins during the break.

I know that I for one could really use some extra nobles to throw around.

DeletedUser

I think that instead of, or in addition to the attack break, we should have some sort of "Holiday Savings Discount" and lower prices on noble packages/coins during the break.

I know that I for one could really use some extra nobles to throw around.

That will never happen, it does not benefit players like an attack break does. [Attack break helps players who are going away, they won't have any benefits of cheap nobles etc..]

You are however free to play the speed rounds over christmas if you still wish for some action.

DeletedUser

That will never happen, it does not benefit players like an attack break does. [Attack break helps players who are going away, they won't have any benefits of cheap nobles etc..]

I realize that the players who are visiting home without internet access are obviously at a disadvantage, and thus need an attack break to keep things fair.

But what about the players who are already home, or who always have internet access?

Since the only things that these players can really do at this time are to build troops and mint coins.

No it wouldn't be fair for the players who are away and will not be able to log on, but I think that the attack break in and of itself isn't exactly fair to active holiday players.

Status
Not open for further replies.