Newsletter #5 - 2010-01-13

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser656

Dear Players,

Welcome to the fifth official Tribal Wars newsletter, dispatched from the cold, frozen and bleak plains of England.

Start of world 46

World 45 is approaching its capacity so we will be launching World 46 later today, at roughly noon server time. Since world 45 was a slower world with more classic settings the world will focus on newer features.

The new world will be running at 1.2 speed with a unit speed of 1.0, making it the first time we have had a world with significantly faster than average troops since World 32.

Note: You can calculate the eventual troop speed on a world by multiplying the world speed by the unit speed. A world with a speed of 2 and a unit speed of 0.5 will have troops move at exactly the same speed as a world with a speed of 0.5 and a unit speed of 2.

Those of you who have been playing Tribal Wars since the start of World 1 will remember a short period of time where there were no tribe limits. In late 2006 member limits were introduced in all worlds and since then we have never had a world without a member limit. World 46 will put an end to this by being our first world without a tribe member limit!

In terms of other settings, the world will have archers, the paladin and will use the coin system for producing noblemen. Players will be able to choose their starting direction, and the smithy will use the simple research system. We hope everyone enjoys the new world!

The forum for world 46 is now available here.

Spotlight: Morale

Morale is a setting which affects how strong your troops are when attacking. There are three different morale settings:

1) No morale. Regardless of your opponent's points, or time played in the world, your troops will attack with no morale penalty.

2) Point-based morale. Morale is calculated from the point ratio of the attacker and the defender's accounts. The formula to calculate morale is as follows:

((defender points / attacker points) * 3 + 0.3) * 100. If the total is more than 100, morale is set to 100%.

3) Time and point-based morale. Morale is calculated from both the points ratio of the attacker and the defender, and the time played. This calculation is a bit more complicated, so here's a breakdown!

First calculate:

(Defender points / attacker points)*3

Then:

(0.25 + days played * 0.002). If the result is higher than 0.5, use 0.5.

Add those two results together, and multiply by 100 for % morale. If the total is more than 100, morale is 100%.

You can use the simulator (found in rally point) to calculate morale. Please refer to the help pages, under "other information" to see the morale settings in your world!

Earning free premium via referrals

If you’re looking for an easy way to get some free premium and play on an open world please do remember that you can earn free premium simply by referring your friends to Tribal Wars!

To earn your free premium, you need to go to Settings->Recruit player, where you will find more instructions and a special register link. When a player registers using that link, they will be marked as having registered from your referral. Once the player reaches enough points, you will receive a free 5 days of premium.

Please remember that the rules on multiple accounts still do apply, and creating multi accounts to abuse this system will result in a harsh penalty on your account.

Staff changes

We’d like to extend a warm welcome to MichielK who has joined us as an in-game supporter, and give our thanks and good luck to 2hot2handle who has parted from the team.

-------------------------------------------------------------

We’d love to hear any feedback or suggestions you have on our newsletter so please do reply here to let us know how we’re doing!

Kind regards,
Jon “Morthy” Dawson
Community Manager

DeletedUser

another new world

i think they should make the next new world with barbs they grow to the max like they used to back in the more older days

DeletedUser

What's the chances the new players for this world will come from established worlds?
Constantly opening new worlds just depletes the worlds already running well of good players making the game less attractive to the players left behind.:icon_cry:

DeletedUser

i think they should make the next new world with barbs they grow to the max like they used to back in the more older days
Barbs never grew to more than 3k. If there was a barb above it, it would of been a player that went inactive or deleted their account.

I like it, bout time we saw a no tribe limit world... I have been sick to death with all this "Family" crap, and it's about time we can have one, big, massive tribe that will kick some serious butt. Good work guys, good work indeed.

On a side note, WHERE'S THE Q&A THIS MONTH?!? :icon_cry:

GorillaPhil

After reading the newsletters and finding them very useful, well done keep the good work up look forward to the next one.

DeletedUser

I'm just curious.. No tribe limit.. does that mean a tribe could have like the whole world in it? :/

DeletedUser

Great newsletter, thought I'd add something though for the people out there using excel to calculate these things (My apologies if this has already been done before). This takes into account the morale limit of 100%:

Make sure you create headings in Cell A1 & A2 (Defender & Attacker respectively) and Morale in Cell A3

Leave Cell B1 & B2 blank as you will use these each time when calculating morale.

Copy and paste this formula into Cell B3 (This formula is for the people on worlds who have morale calculated by points):

=IF((((A2/B2)*3+0.3)*100)>100,"100% Limit",((A2/B2)*3+0.3)*100 & "%")

I'm happy to post another for people on worlds that have morale calculated by time and points but it's a little more complex (not much but will require a few extra fields in your excel spreadsheet).

winonly

Blinkrich

id like to see a speed greater than 2
like 3 4 or 5
and tribe limit of 40

DeletedUser

Can they not add the possibility to be able to withdraw a noble from attacking (as long as it has not gone past the "scout" speed to that village from the attacking village). Or give it that you need to send a scout to the village that is being attacked and there is a 50/50 chance the scout gets to the noble in time to issue a turn around.

DeletedUser

I'm so excited about the no tribe limit thing because that takes me back to the old TW days :) Thanks for bringing that back :)

DeletedUser

actually this settings is good for me I just dont like no tribe limit but I understand that setting cause :
Those of you who have been playing Tribal Wars since the start of World 1 will remember a short period of time where there were no tribe limits.

waiting when it will be opening.:)

thegame45

Good but could be much better.

Hello, i love TW and have some concerns about the TW set up.

1. I agree opening new worlds, hinders worlds already open and makes players confused as to where to go.

2. cheating? why are cheats allowed to prosper and innocent mistakes punished?

Examples.
A player i referred to the TW team for insulting another player with racism was not looked into and i had the evidence to back up my claim with Mails and forum shots. I was told i sent it to the wrong place. i sent it to general and could not spot a place to report such matters.

A player who multi attacks from duel sits gets a weeks ban at best and the player attacks loses villas and troops, a week is nothing. my call is for the player who has been cheated against gets the villas back and troops restored (if that is possible).

Account sits/Push accounting- i have real problems with this if your a good player you make friends most likely with somebody in your K, they trust you with there account and you can't support that player? how odd as they would be the first to mail you for support. Surely support would not hurt anybody.
Push accounts? can we clear this up please, getting a player who leaves to give you there account is a good idea so you can use it for a short time until you are sure that player is not coming back. so attacking and building is needed as flat lining is a threat to that player and means it will be attacked, also where do you send the troops no mention of that anywhere a one off attack should be considered.

Thanks TW you do a good job, just punish those that bring this game into the shade via cheating and insults no matter where they are sent.

Woodlandapple

Barbs never grew to more than 3k. If there was a barb above it, it would of been a player that went inactive or deleted their account.

Untrue, there was a period between when barb growth was first implemented and when the cap was introduced. If memory serves, w13 was the first world with growing barbs (may be wrong, was quite a while ago :S). The cap was not introduced until a while later, because I remember on w18 there were people complaining that the core would have their fully developed barbs while those out on the rim had theirs capped :p

valid user

one problem is with a massive tribe that later in the game people usually actually connect as a tribe and everyone knows everyone so everyone works as a better team. with 1 massive tribe it wont work as effectively. but family tribes are also gay. but theres no way of stopping it.

thegame45

Address book?

Is there anyway the TW team can update the address book so you can have grouping within your address book. to make it easier for dukes to mail teams or tribes? without having to scroll down and click and search for different players, you could just click a file and mail away.

only a dream i am sure.

DeletedUser

I just joined W46 :icon_cool:. No idea what I'm doing though :icon_neutral:, just reading the "help" files.

DeletedUser

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about... Version 4.4 update

Check that out, and tell me that there were never any growing barbarian villages above 3000 points.

As WLA said, on world 18, there were lots of fully grown barbarian villages in the core, and tiny capped villages on the rim

Status
Not open for further replies.