Newsletter #6 - 2010-01-31

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Since I like achievements being added to my name, - I would be gunning for the nobled out achievement straight away, then quit the world and follow on to the next achievements on other worlds.

Then with an extensive resume, I can finally say I "clocked" the game.

ackcody

Just the majority such as myself. :icon_wink:
Joking... I don't have the patience to even play until noble stage 90% of the time :p

/stupid.
I was a page behind xD
Oh well.

Razvantc

Will the Achievements be applied to all worlds or just new ones?

DeletedUser

wow, you guys need to calm down.

Look, some players get entertainment from restarting over and over in a world where they have no hope of succeeding. They have a right to do that, and if it pisses you off, they just enjoy it more. That is life, and you will see this behavior in the real world as well as in a video game. If you are so upset about someone being able to do that, you have the right to stop playing the game. You also have the right to just leave them alone.

If a player keeps restarting after being nobled over and over again... hw about you just stop nobling him? he cleary is an atttention whore, a troll... and you are giving him the satisfaction he craves. Just ignore him. Hhe may give up and actually quit. And if he keeps on playing, suck it up and deal with it.

As for the player who just sits on the "active" account without a village, I fail to see the problem. He has 0 points, and he is not relevant. Just because he is listed in the rankings doesn't really matter to you, does it? Why get worked up over such a silly matter? Chill out, and play the game.

___

As for the newsletter, I look forward to everything I have read about. The mobile verrsion looks promising, and I'm sure it will be great. I enjoy the prospect of achievments, I think they could be fun to brag about with your tribe mates.

Thank you for your updates! They are appriciated!

DeletedUser

ambly, i dont know if you have another account that have managed in the past, but if this is the only one, pls shut up.
have you played a game for over 2 years, logging everyday, being awake for days because you were under attack, paying every month for pp?
seems me that the reply is not, or you'd understand what we are saying.
this is not tribal hugs, we attack and we want also to see the possibility of an end world scenario.
and having players that continue to restart is annoying.
much more is see that there are players that havent villages but are still in the world.

we pay, we want clear rules and not to be taken for...

DeletedUser

ambly, i dont know if you have another account that have managed in the past, but if this is the only one, pls shut up.
have you played a game for over 2 years, logging everyday, being awake for days because you were under attack, paying every month for pp?
seems me that the reply is not, or you'd understand what we are saying.
this is not tribal hugs, we attack and we want also to see the possibility of an end world scenario.
much more is see that there are players that havent villages but are still in the world.

we pay, we want clear rules and not to be taken for...

Dude, just stop. Players restarting will not effect any end game stuff. You also pay for premium advantages, not the right to tell others they aren't allowed to play. :icon_rolleyes:

Cheers for that Amblydoper, nice to see someone who actually understands these things properly.

DeletedUser

I find it hilarious that there is no achievement awards for accomplishments but you want to create an achievement award for failure! :lol:

I like the concept of having achievement awards, but award them for players that have held #1 position for a period of time, ODA, #1 tribe, that sort of thing. Do not encourage an attention whore that will get his buddies to noble him over and over so he can get recognized.

DeletedUser

Newsletter 6

TW Team: Thanks for a kick ass game that keeps me going.

Couple of the ideas that I have had over my playing time:

1) Merchants or Mule-skinners in combat. I'd like to be able to send someone along with a raid to do nothing but carry back resources. It could be a merchant from the Market or a troop type. As a troop type, if a percentage of the attacking force is killed, they are killed proportionally.

2) Currently, as I understand it, goods taken from an attacked village are carried off based on what is in greatest quantity there. I think that when an attack is sent there should be the option of selecting 1 good as priority. So all of that is emptied first and then the rest in equality. Or to put in what % of the total capacity you want allocated to what resource, completed as best as available.

3) Capacity Calculator. I'm no good at remembering what each unit can carry, let alone trying to figure out what the potential capacity for an attack is. So I programed an Excel spreadsheet to do it for me. But that means having it running and type it all in. It would be nice if there was a little number at the bottom of the Give Commands screen that shows overall carrying capacity as troops are added to the mission.

DeletedUser

Some people might actually find your posts annoying as well, does that mean you shouldn't be allowed on the forums then? :icon_rolleyes:
Everyone has their own way of playing this game whether you like it or not..
If someone wants to restart with 1 village every time then why would you be bothered by that?
Either just noble them again or let them be.

Do not encourage an attention whore that will get his buddies to noble him over and over so he can get recognized.
You most likely have no idea about how this achievements system is going to be implemented in the game, so how can you already state such things.
And as far as I can tell from your post it already looks like the persons whom are supposedly doing such things already have your attention so what exactly is the problem :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

I find it hilarious that there is no achievement awards for accomplishments but you want to create an achievement award for failure! :lol:

I like the concept of having achievement awards, but award them for players that have held #1 position for a period of time, ODA, #1 tribe, that sort of thing. Do not encourage an attention whore that will get his buddies to noble him over and over so he can get recognized.

How do you know there aren't achievement awards for accomplishments? The newsletter gave one example. Sure, it's debatable over that one being a good idea but do you really think that's the only achievement they'll give out? :icon_rolleyes:

It would be stupid not to have acheivements for players that hold rank #1 or have the highest ODA (ex. Great Warrior acheivement) or ODD (Strongest Defender achievement) etc. I have no doubt things like that will be included... :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

I would like to be able to send greeting cards via messengers on horseback. Instead of crossed swords it would show as a heart symbol with a number next to it referring to number of cards being sent. Thanks!

DeletedUser

How do you know there aren't achievement awards for accomplishments? The newsletter gave one example. Sure, it's debatable over that one being a good idea but do you really think that's the only achievement they'll give out? :icon_rolleyes:

But the 1 example mentioned was a real bad one.

You most likely have no idea about how this achievements system is going to be implemented in the game, so how can you already state such things.

Was this a question? If so I can state such things because I am offering my opinion. Any award going to a player that gets rimmed over and over is not a good one. I could careless how you implement it.

And as far as I can tell from your post it already looks like the persons whom are supposedly doing such things already have your attention so what exactly is the problem :icon_biggrin:

I must be sending out subliminal messages. :icon_wink:

Floritus, you can see what we are faced with on W12 and eventually you will be faced with a similiar one on W10. Our goal is to be declared the winners on W12 by TW. When you see these players get rimmed over and over instead of joining a new world where they at least have a fighting chance, it gets frustrating. Some of us on 12 are playing the game with the hopes of winning it. Then to hear there could be an achievement award for it????? :icon_eek:

drxavier

I have a couple of requests:-

1. CAT Attack

When you launch an attack from rally point. You fill in all details, click Attack

If you use CATs then before you press OK, you need to select a CAT TARGET via Attack building pull-down, default is HQ on the pull-down options.

Can this Attack building pull-down, be changed to a radio button list, the attack building list could easily be placed into a 20 sized table, i.e 5x4 or 6x3 table, it looks something like the rally point screen, swap troop type for building type, the are 16/17? buildings?

Attack Buildings List

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | (@) Village HQ .| (@) Barracks ...| (@) Stable ......| (@) Workshop .|
    | (@) Academy ....| (@) Smithy .....| (@) Rally point .| (@) Statue ...|
    | (@) Market .....| (@) Timber camp | (@) Clay pit ....| (@) Iron mine |
    | (@) Farm .......| (@) Warehouse ..| (@) Hiding place | (@) Wall .....|
    | (@) Church .....|.................|..................|..............|

the @ represents the radio button

this would save a click on the mouse, i.e. click attack, click cat target, click OK, away they go!

Obviously I cannot really show it here, probably not possibly, but a output table containing that data above (text formatted), I believe is not a large use of screen real estate, it would be of similar size to that of Rally point troops setting.

2. MINT (premium acc)

Something similar to 1.

In mint screen, can we have a radio button option or pull down menu, that say lets players mint 1 or 2 or 3.... up-to max coins for ALL villages in one go.

There are scripts that so this some of this type of work with configs, so maybe a game option is easy-ish to do?

thanks for listening

drX

DeletedUser

i think red summed things up nicely.
the idea of achievement awards is nice, but the example was a bit poor. (especially for those to whom restarts are a sore subject.)

*tangent spoiler
[SPOIL]
i agree unlimited restarts should be reconsidered. especially given the argument defining push accounts, as needing to be played for their own benefit. . . in the extreme example of the player refusing to respawn, but continuing to log in, he is not attempting to progress the account, thus not benefiting the account. while that does not make it a push account,* it does seem to contradict the spirit of the game.

* rule change, and my argument is shot, lol.[/SPOIL]

other achievement awards could be nice.

Dear TW, I'm struggling with seeing some of the lettering - old age creeping up on me of course, I wondered if next time you revamp the game you could make the numbers that we have to type in, a little bolder, for example, on the recruit page and the address numbers on the rally point page?

if the font size is really a problem, then you could consider creating a slightly altered CSS File. just bump up the font size. i know that on every css i make, i always make the server clock bigger.

as for the rest of the update newsletter. . .

i too am curious about the mobile version of TW. will we be able to disable the mobile version and view the normal version if its not for us? (please consider this if its still in the works.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Therin

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
if the font size is really a problem, then you could consider creating a slightly altered CSS File. just bump up the font size. i know that on every css i make, i always make the server clock bigger.

It's quite easy to simply zoom in your browser, and as long as you have your overview width set to something reasonable, everything should fit quite nicely with no horizontal scrolling required.

DeletedUser

hey, dunno where i put suggestions in, so i picked here :D

anyways, i was wondering if the new version, the one in the newsletter, could possibly have multiple group selection in it??

for example, im starting in a new K, and the villages in that K will have nothing to do with my other K villages, but thats semi-impossible, because the offensive villages go into the same group, so, to prevent me, and probs other players from having upwards of 10-13 groups, can we have muliple group selectionn please??

iv probs explained it really bad, sorry :D

i agree with this guy, but let me explain what i think he is saying better. like could we get sub groups off of the groups we have so that we can have one Offensive group, that has multiple sub groups off of it, such as k68 OFF k78 OFF...ect...so this way when we are using scripts and such if we have a spcific K or sub group we would like to use instead of the entire group for say an recruitment script or minting coins.

so this way we dont have a ton of groups cluttering our quickbar. but instead have say 3 or 4 groups who each have 2 sub groups each.

EDIT: If this does happen could we get a similar thing for the forums. such as having a tab for one group, then having multiple forums, each being able to have multiple threads in them.

drbad

please explain

i lost all my villages and restarted a few weeks ago now i have restarted do i start with my minted coins. also i didnt end up where i wanted to be so if i restart again in the middle of my tribe do i still have the minted coins and paladin items ....

DeletedUser

You lose all of your coins when you restart or all of your villages are nobled.

DeletedUser

In my experience when you start on a world again you keep all your paladin items but have a large negative percentage before you get the next item, i.e. -260% if you have 2 items.

DeletedUser

next world

so when is the next world coming out? and in the next world you should go back to the way 31 was with the churches and the nobles....

Status
Not open for further replies.