Newsletter #6 - 2010-01-31

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

It's a achievement for Perseverance.

• Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
  • Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
  • Perseverance is trying again and again.
So yea, I see no problem with giving a player a achievement for persisting time and time again after being nobled out.

Not all players that are nobled out are necessarily "bad" players.

If you were being sarcastic I apologize. Being rimmed constantly is hardly perseverance. Being rimmed is a credit to those attacking as well as a failure to the rimmed player and their tribe.

DeletedUser

nice, in next update why you dont introduce a rule where all players that reach 1.000 villages, they lose all and restart with 1 villages of 120 points in enemy area?

or a rule where if you attack a player and took from him more then 2 villages, you have to gift him all but 1 villages?

or another one, a rule where a tribe is automatically disbanded if it reaches #1 rank?

seriously, i find these rules more intelligent...

AGREED - how many times do you let some Monkey-Slapper restart before he exists simply to annoy. The reward for being rimmed so many times should be no-more restarts....
That has got to be the most insane reward for apathy ever thought of by the TW team.

DeletedUser

So yea, I see no problem with giving a player a achievement for persisting time and time again after being nobled out.

right!

• Perseverance is continue to pay money for pp to play a game that dont have an end world scenario.
  • Perseverance is continue to attack a player that pop up in a new k's every 2 weeks.
  • Perseverance is find a reason to continue to play a world that can be closed but we cant know how.
  • And finally perseverance is see that players rimmed out are taken in consideration more than player that are active.

Geo, my intent is not flame, what i want to say is that players that have spent money, and most important, time of their life to play this game, coordinating attacks, sending support, mailing and so on, have less voice of players that dont play, but simply log and restart.

As said before, check posts that i have opened (and also suggestions that haven't been publicized), i never said that a player once been nobled must disappear.
i proposed a limit of 50 restarts, i think that is more than enough, then if a player is nobled out 50 times, probably he dont have skills/ world is in an advanced stage/ he dont have future in that world - and he cant restart.

you think that this is so difficult?
see this post of mr. blonde of some days ago, a convo with Aaron, do you think that this is a matter to manage game? boh

ps i spoiled it because it's a long post, but read it.

[spoil]TW definitely does not want any world to end, so much is clear from this convo with support:

Author said:
Request: B@M53 still around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Author
Mr. Blonde 2010-01-14 23:45:22

Hi there,

I was wondering how it is possible that B@M53 is still around in w12. I rimmed him almost 2 months ago and his account has shown no activity since almost 8 months already. As he has not restarted since the rimming, and supposing he is not 'wasting' Premium on this account without playing it for so long, I would assume this to be a bug.

Could you explain this to me, if it is not a bug?

Sincerely yours,
Mr. Blonde

Quote:
Servy 2010-01-15 00:16:20

Hello Mr. Blonde,

A player can still login even if they don't have a village.

Sincerely,

Servy/Aaron
Administrator

Quote:
Mr. Blonde 2010-01-15 10:53:59

Ok, thank you. I thought you needed to chose a new position, the next time you logged in, but am no expert on restarting...

Anyway, is this not pretty useless, keeping an account alive, eventhough it is not even in play? For how long is that possible?

Quote:
Servy 2010-01-15 19:42:37

Since they can still login, indefinitely.

Sincerely,

Servy/Aaron
Administrator

Quote:
Mr. Blonde 2010-01-15 20:15:17

I still think this should be considered a bug, if an account is not played, but artificially kept in game...

Quote:
Servy 2010-01-15 22:00:07
I fail to see how it can cause any problems at all.

Sincerely,

Servy/Aaron
Administrator

Quote:
Mr. Blonde 2010-01-15 23:37:35

Ok, it is not that hard to see, but I will explain it to you than.

As TW fails to deliver an end game, it is up to us to get this world to an end, by getting rid of all 'opposing' players. As it is also impossible to take out a player in this game, because of infinite restart possibilities, it is already hard enough to accomplish, without this kind of strange occurrences.

He is rimmed, he is not restarting. I fail to see how it is normal that that account remains in w12. Do you have an explanation for me as well?

Quote:
Servy 2010-01-17 02:14:56

The player is still logging in, so I fail to see the problem.

Sincerely,

Servy/Aaron
Administrator

Quote:
Mr. Blonde 2010-01-17 02:22:01

Have you read my reply at all? I just explained the problem. It should not matter if he logs in or not, he is not playing this world.

Quote:
Servy 2010-01-17 02:23:10

He is logging in, and therefore he is still playing the world.

Sincerely,

Servy/Aaron
Administrator

Quote:
Mr. Blonde 2010-01-17 04:13:03

Pretty lame definition of playing if you ask me... TW really should change the rules on being able to play like this in a world, so long after closing it for registration.. :-x
[/spoil]

and now you want to reward him?
lol

DeletedUser

You should consider what gives the long term players, the ones that pay for Premium keep coming back and give us an actual reason to keep "paying " for that Prem that keeps your servers running. I am a long term player that has payed for Prem for over 3 years. But having worlds that REWARD a noob by giving them WRITTEN RECOGNITION for continuously restarting/rimmed/catted whatever, is tantamount to having a world that will never end. Honestly I tire of it. I want to win the world and move on. I know there are speed servers. But even they have an end. There needs to be something - a concrete attainable goal to be met that will end a world.

Giving Rookies rewards whether in words or otherwise for continuously restarting is a slap in the face to your "faithful" players.
You should be working on what keeps players coming back - to play on a current world or a future one.

DeletedUser

shambolla2 said:
[spoil]TW definitely does not want any world to end, so much is clear from this convo with support:

Author said:
Request: B@M53 still around

Quote:
Mr. Blonde 2010-01-14 23:45:22

Hi there,

I was wondering how it is possible that B@M53 is still around in w12. I rimmed him almost 2 months ago and his account has shown no activity since almost 8 months already. As he has not restarted since the rimming, and supposing he is not 'wasting' Premium on this account without playing it for so long, I would assume this to be a bug.

Could you explain this to me, if it is not a bug?

Sincerely yours,
Mr. Blonde

Quote:
Servy 2010-01-15 00:16:20

Hello Mr. Blonde,

A player can still login even if they don't have a village.

Sincerely,

Servy/Aaron
Administrator

Quote:
Mr. Blonde 2010-01-15 10:53:59

Ok, thank you. I thought you needed to chose a new position, the next time you logged in, but am no expert on restarting...

Anyway, is this not pretty useless, keeping an account alive, eventhough it is not even in play? For how long is that possible?

Quote:
Servy 2010-01-15 19:42:37

Since they can still login, indefinitely.

Sincerely,

Servy/Aaron
Administrator

Quote:
Mr. Blonde 2010-01-15 20:15:17

I still think this should be considered a bug, if an account is not played, but artificially kept in game...

Quote:
Servy 2010-01-15 22:00:07
I fail to see how it can cause any problems at all.

Sincerely,

Servy/Aaron
Administrator

Quote:
Mr. Blonde 2010-01-15 23:37:35

Ok, it is not that hard to see, but I will explain it to you than.

As TW fails to deliver an end game, it is up to us to get this world to an end, by getting rid of all 'opposing' players. As it is also impossible to take out a player in this game, because of infinite restart possibilities, it is already hard enough to accomplish, without this kind of strange occurrences.

He is rimmed, he is not restarting. I fail to see how it is normal that that account remains in w12. Do you have an explanation for me as well?

Quote:
Servy 2010-01-17 02:14:56

The player is still logging in, so I fail to see the problem.

Sincerely,

Servy/Aaron
Administrator

Quote:
Mr. Blonde 2010-01-17 02:22:01

Have you read my reply at all? I just explained the problem. It should not matter if he logs in or not, he is not playing this world.

Quote:
Servy 2010-01-17 02:23:10

He is logging in, and therefore he is still playing the world.

Sincerely,

Servy/Aaron
Administrator

Quote:
Mr. Blonde 2010-01-17 04:13:03

Pretty lame definition of playing if you ask me... TW really should change the rules on being able to play like this in a world, so long after closing it for registration.. :-x
[/spoil]

and now you want to reward him?
lol

Oh my... I didn't see this before, but ugh...

DeletedUser

I'm sorry Geo but I actually think that your thinking of insanity , the effort of trying the exact same thing many many times and expecting different results .

“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

Albert Einstein

Restarting is noble a couple of times and even upwards of five times is admirable to a degree , but rewarding being rimmed seems kind of backwards .

Oh and for the record I don't think that any of us are against the idea of Achievement rewards, but this line

"an achievement could be awarded to players who have the endurance to carry on playing again and again even when nobled out of the game."

has more raised an issue with the players on our world (most of the vocal ones in this thread) that are seeking some kind of End world closure , and fail to see how it will end with players being able to restart unlimited numbers of times . That one line seems like a slap in the face to all of us that are trying to work towards a goal of closing a world . But are running into major issues with rimmed players that refuse to go away out of spite , ignorance , or dislike of my Tribe and their dominance. It's almost as if the TW staff are saying "if you keep restarting we'll give you a gold star" and making an end world impossible .

DeletedUser656

I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill. It's an example, I have no idea if it is even going to be in the game.

DeletedUser

Since these achievements really wouldn't effect the game in any way.... does it really matter? :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

Since these achievements really wouldn't effect the game in any way.... does it really matter? :icon_neutral:

It's not in place so it's not really worth debating.

IMO, it's more the principle that being rimmed over and over would be even considered worthy of acknowledgment; in the example given by a member of game staff and follow up posts. Not that it would give any bonuses in game for being merely stubborn and annoying.

DeletedUser

It could be the "LOL Noob" achievement. Then I'd be all for it :lol:

DeletedUser

Some of you people are blowing things out of proportion. When a player is nobled out and rather than quitting the game outright - chooses to start over and keep on playing - that's a example of perseverance. It's that simple. Try not to look at everything too hard because then you become critical and fail to see the real picture. :)

DeletedUser

again i'm with you, but the following:

When a player is nobled out and rather than quitting the game outright - chooses to start over and keep on playing - that's a example of perseverance.

not even it's right.

we are not talking of players that restart and play again, we are talking of people that are continuosly erased, catted and nobled, they are not playing, they only log on, restart, wait the beginner protection to finish and then they are again nobled, restart, wait protection ecc...

and i have't seen yet any words on convo between mr. blonde and aaron from staff, also that is playing??

DeletedUser

Some of you people are blowing things out of proportion. When a player is nobled out and rather than quitting the game outright - chooses to start over and keep on playing - that's a example of perseverance. It's that simple. Try not to look at everything too hard because then you become critical and fail to see the real picture. :)

This seems rather a defensive gesture to me.
But before I get critical of "Game Staff" let me remind you that this is a place to comment on things posted in the Newsletter. Not everyone is going to agree with every update that is proposed. But when something is proposed that people dislike - I expect as a member of the "Game Staff" that you would take an objective ear to what they are saying.
I have tried to get Morthy's (Jon Dawson) attention via Private message at least 3 times now to discuss a few ideas and I keep getting ignored, so at least this is a place that someone can see one of the thoughts that I have.

DeletedUser

Groups

hey, dunno where i put suggestions in, so i picked here :D

anyways, i was wondering if the new version, the one in the newsletter, could possibly have multiple group selection in it??

for example, im starting in a new K, and the villages in that K will have nothing to do with my other K villages, but thats semi-impossible, because the offensive villages go into the same group, so, to prevent me, and probs other players from having upwards of 10-13 groups, can we have muliple group selectionn please??

iv probs explained it really bad, sorry :D

DeletedUser

If I got you right, you want to add a single village to more than one group .. if thats the case, well.. we already have that option.

DeletedUser

Suggestion

Dear TW, I'm struggling with seeing some of the lettering - old age creeping up on me of course, I wondered if next time you revamp the game you could make the numbers that we have to type in, a little bolder, for example, on the recruit page and the address numbers on the rally point page? :icon_rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If I got you right, you want to add a single village to more than one group .. if thats the case, well.. we already have that option.

no, i already do that, what i mean, is being able to choose multiple groups at a time, for example, K68, Offensive, as an example, instead of having a whole nother group called that, i think being able to choose more than one group at a time would be really helpfull

DeletedUser

Dear Players,

The second feature we can reveal is a new achievements system for all players. There will be several achievements that can be earned in a variety of ways. Some will be easy to achieve, while some may only be awarded in rare occurrences. For example, an achievement could be awarded to players who have the endurance to carry on playing again and again even when nobled out of the game.

This is absolutely ridiculous why the heck would you want a game that never ends, people have been begging you folks to design and end to a world and you call this and achievement to let people restart endlessly utterly stupid to have endless opportunities to play a world when totally nobled out you folks need to get with the program -.-

DeletedUser

Achievements won't stop worlds ending like they normally do. World's need a clear winner before they are closed, if hundreds of players all have a few villages it won't keep the world open.

DeletedUser

Can their be an achievement for people that help others achieve the endurance achievement? :icon_smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.