Newsletter #7 - 2010-02-15

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

coloring other villages on map is not working for me ;(
adding tribes/players isn't working

DeletedUser

Just a suggestion, i see that if i go in the map and i click on an enemy village, there is "» Make a noble claim for the village", so i can add to the noble planner.
if i have already added the village to noble planner, the option changes to "» To the noble planner ", it's possible to add also an option " remove from the noble planner", so we dont have to check and we can easily remove a claim?

ty

DeletedUser

Well the update has a few useful changes.

However is there something wrong with the Manage Groups tab or am I too stupid to use it ? I think there is something wrong :D I create a new group, select color etc. and when I try to add a player, I type the name (yes correctly) in the Add Player section and when I click Add nothing happens. My old groups remained the same, I looked at them and deduced that it should add the player right under the white field but ... still nothing. Can you check into that please ?

And I hope future worlds will think about people who like the old system too. I know the outcome of the pole but there are still many of us who prefer it old style. By that I mean no army camp, no church, no paladin, no archers, packages noble system and 3 level tech research. It would suck if we would be forced to play with all those addons which we don't like. At least 1 out of every 3 worlds could be classic sort to speak. :(

LE:
Do you have premium?

Asked above. I always have premium and still doesnt work for me neither.

Last edited by a moderator:

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
For most of the other scripts the changes that need to be made aren't significant, so it's not a terribly devastating problem in most cases.

I would say a good chunk of scripts I use are now dead this will take time for both the script makers & all the admins / players via posts asking the same questions about when they are back up and running.

Maybe set up test world & give players both willing and able to make scripts for all a chance to play / remove problems within any scripts would be a good idea.

You did not want the build scripts in game due to a reason from what I read that they do not get used very often.
Yet you add a massive area for the edit group script that does not get used on mass very often at all.
Even then the new layout does nothing but change where the edit is displayed.
Maybe if you had added a sort function like on the noble claim thing it would have been worth the trouble.
For me I would not mind in the settings a disable the edit function I have to move down pages enough as it is without that area being added.

When has that ever been said? Quite the opposite is in fact true. Many of the more common scripts have intentionally been embedded directly into the game to allow for easier/safer access for everyone. At the very least the benefits of the added functionality are more than worth a short downtime for some scripts.

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=174186

Here is an example of not wanting to move forward due to a script being made.
Funny thing is now with the update it does not work as well as it used to. Maybe when the updates have killed even more of its options you may bring it into the game.

I've seen you mention a few other times as well about not needing things due to a script Mass recruit springs to mind.

I fail to see how a poor version of the map script or a space wasting edit function which has not made it easier to edit village groups is worth giving problems to scripts that every player does use very often:

Report rename script that does not work. (Long version does but its just far too long)
Overview sort script has problems
ST's Mass Recruit script not working.
Attack sort script not working.

DeletedUser656

Maybe set up test world & give players both willing and able to make scripts for all a chance to play / remove problems within any scripts would be a good idea.

The German version of TW had a world running 6.0 for a week or so before us. We've had worlds 47 and 48 open for over a week. If script authors wanted to they have had plenty of time to fix things. For scripts that are only useful late game people will just have to tough it out. Scripts have always been and always will be unofficial and unsupported by us. Why? Because if players use a script that includes another script from a remote location then the script author could potentially gain access to the player's account. Players should use them at their own risk and shouldn't be surprised if they stop working without notice.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Fix the update!

other then that not sure why people are complaining i've been playing for over 3 yrs now and this game is better then ever before. thanks not just morty but servy as well and all the admin and comunity staff i think this is the largest and best upgrade ive seen in my time here. and with the shortest down time that i can recall as well.

I am complaining because this update made game playing a struggle. Without Mass Recruit you can't manage 160+ villas in a reasonable manner. Some of us have RL too.
I am using an older laptop so added graphics on a webpage affect the loading speed of the page significantly. That's the main reason I am spending a PP per month to disable adds.
After the update, TW pages load in 3-10 seconds. This is unacceptable!

I agree with Knight Saber; no answers mean that no one cares for our opinion. If the update is not fixed soon (and I mean within days), I will quit.

DeletedUser

What i find amusing is that I've only had one script affected. which is alright by me. Otherwise everything in the update is working perfectly for me.

DeletedUser

The German version of TW had a world running 6.0 for a week or so before us. We've had worlds 47 and 48 open for over a week. If script authors wanted to they have had plenty of time to fix things. For scripts that are only useful late game people will just have to tough it out. Scripts have always been and always will be unofficial and unsupported by us. Why? Because if players use a script that includes another script from a remote location then the script author could potentially gain access to the player's account. Players should use them at their own risk and shouldn't be surprised if they stop working without notice.

I am sorry but this is a lame excuse for doing a poor piss job. Instead of blaming your customers for their problems, fix the damn game!

DeletedUser656

I am sorry but this is a lame excuse for doing a poor piss job. Instead of blaming your customers for their problems, fix the damn game!

Scripts are not the game. If you have a valid bug report that does not involve a script, submit a bug ticket or post in the damn bugs forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.