Newsletter #8 - Premium change - 2010-03-30

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser656

Dear players,

Starting April 7th, we will change the prices for our premium accounts.

Here is a short overview of the new prices.

Code:
60 premium points  	USD $2.99	GBP 1.99
200 premium points 	USD $5.99	GBP 3.99
600 premium points 	USD $14.99	GBP 9.99
1500 premium points 	USD $29.49	GBP 19.99
5000 premium points 	USD $73.99	GBP 49.99

For 30 Premium Points, you get 3 days of premium account, for 100 points, you get 14 days. In practice, that means that you get 30 weeks of Premium Account for 19.99 €. The no-ads mode will be included in our new premium account!

Your existing points will be recalculated by multiplying them by 46 and rounding them up to the next number dividable by ten. That sounds complicated, but by this we make sure that no one loses any value for their bought points – that was very important for us! In fact, some will even gain one day.

Examples:
- 1 old point would be converted to 50 new points. Currently you would get 3 days of premium, after the conversion you will get 3 days + 20 points.
- 5 old points would be converted to 230 new points. Currently you would get 30 days of premium, after the conversion you will get 31 days (2*14+3=31).
- 50 old points would be converted to 2300 new points. Currently you would get 300 days of premium, after the conversion you will get 322 days (23*14=322).

If you compare the new prices with the old system, you will find out that we raised the prices in the lower levels. On the other hand, buying 5000 Premium Points at once will give you the chance to continue with the same cost/month rate as before.

We know that it will never be popular to raise prices. But please also take into account that this is the first time we have raised the prices for Tribal Wars in general. We have also introduced many new Premium features (i.e. the mobile version in 6.0). Last but not least, we are confident to offer you a great value for your money.

The new prices will go live on the 7th of April. Until that day, you can buy Premium Points with the old price system.

UPDATE:

We are aware that the change from the old familiar premium point values (1, 3, 5, etc) to the new, larger values (200, 600, 5000, etc) may raise some questions; quoted below is a post that should shed some light on the reasons for doing so:

The value of points changed because the versions of TW in Asia will have different premium models and abilities, to better suit the market in some countries there. While there are no plans for tribalwars.net to change like this, it'd be technically hard to maintain two different premium point systems in the same code base.

The change is not a trick or method purely to hide the increase. The reasons for it just don't apply to this market. We are increasing the prices of premium in general and clearly say so in the announcement.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So they raised the price.. Any reason the multiplied it to make such a large number? o_O

DeletedUser

Note: This doesn't affect me as I always buy the yearly package but I have friends who simply cant afford to do that.

For the last 5 years Innogames have increased their profits year by year almost doubling from 2008-2009. And now during a global recession they want to charge their customers more?

If you compare the new prices with the old system, you will find out that we raised the prices in the lower levels.

So their plan is to squeeze out every penny from the players who can't afford to buy their annual package?

Whoever at Innogames came up with this idea is an idiot and I'm sure its gonna cost them more money than they make. Disgrace.

DeletedUser

For a moment I stopped breathing... 60 premium points USD $2.99 GBP 1.99. After that I read details and I started to breath again :>.
Anyway, as long as the prices don't go up... is still ok, but they gone??!?! :>

DeletedUser55479

making the points bigger? that going to confuse me...

DeletedUser66411

By completely changing the system maybe they think people won't realize how much more they are paying :icon_neutral:

Also did you mean April 7th?

DeletedUser81371

So they raised the price.. Any reason the multiplied it to make such a large number? o_O

Paul, in essence yes, they have raised the price, but in a very clever way. Theyve made it so now you pay more than you would have, but it seems like your getting more for your money. To be honest what was wrong with the old system?

The Great 1One1

There's going to be a surge of premium points bought before 7th April.

DeletedUser

For a moment I stopped breathing... 60 premium points USD $2.99 GBP 1.99. After that I read details and I started to breath again :>.
Anyway, as long as the prices don't go up... is still ok :>

60 premiium points last 6 days i just wont be able to afford that i have just had a new born baby and can afford the old system where i was paying a certain amount every month this could be good bye to me as being without premium when u have had it so long just dont happen :icon_sad:

DeletedUser

The new prices will go live on the 7th of March. Until that day, you can buy Premium Points with the old price system.

LOL... we still have almost 1 year to go with old prices so hurry up :D

DeletedUser

Can we get a consensus on the implementation dates and prices?

In-game mail says it starts March 7th, this thread says March 7th, but the announcement post says April 7th. I'm guessing it would be April 7th, but maybe you real aim is to confuse people :)

Also, the in-game mail states "600 premium points - USD $5.99 - 9.99 GBP"

DeletedUser81371

There's going to be a surge of premium points bought before 7th April.

yep, thats probably another reason why theyve done it. make more money before the switch then make more after anyway. Basically it seems to be all about money

DeletedUser53945

Note: This doesn't affect me as I always buy the yearly package but I have friends who simply cant afford to do that.

What is this yearly package as I have only been able to buy 50 PP which is 10 months?

DeletedUser

For the last 5 years Innogames have increased their profits year by year almost doubling from 2008-2009. And now during a global recession they want to charge their customers more?

So their plan is to squeeze out every penny from the players who can't afford to buy their annual package?

Whoever at Innogames came up with this idea is an idiot and I'm sure its gonna cost them more money than they make. Disgrace.

Innogames have constantly introduced new features over the past years, the newest coming to my mind being the Mobile Version - whilst i've been here, they've introduced churches, bonus villages, growing barbs, speed worlds etc. I cannot remember the prices being raised in all this time, which is out of proportion with other browser based, and indeed MMO games who have raised prices frequently.
And now, when you have a premium account you automatically will no longer have ads in the game - there is no need to buy something extra for it, another feature being introduced.

DeletedUser

how many points for no ad mode? and is the duration of that going to change as well?

dslip au

My guess, this is part of an incremental change.

First they do this, then they hike up the prices, OR, like in 'grepopolis' They implement a 'Tiered' Premium system. 60 points no ad mode, 70 for quickbar, 80 for long queue.

I hope I am wrong, and I respect innogames needs to make a living just like the rest of us, however given the TIME this game requires, adding cost will just push the bar too high for me.

IF they implement some NEW FEATURES, like 'auto' farming etc, well then I would pay more, time will tell.

DeletedUser81371

Innogames have constantly introduced new features over the past years, the newest coming to my mind being the Mobile Version - whilst i've been here, they've introduced churches, bonus villages, growing barbs, speed worlds etc. I cannot remember the prices being raised in all this time, which is out of proportion with other browser based, and indeed MMO games who have raised prices frequently.
And now, when you have a premium account you automatically will no longer have ads in the game - there is no need to buy something extra for it, another feature being introduced.

Fair point. I didnt notice the no ads bit. Thats better cause they really annoy me. But tbh the mobile site sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.