NEXT High Performance Round

DeletedUser

As the current round comes to an end very soon.

Most of you will be aware world 85 was the last of the worlds without addition premium features active.

So here is your opportunity to make suggestions for the next HP round.

Bear in mind we need to select from existing settings, we can't invent new ones.

How long would you like it to run for?
What settings do you prefer?
Hauls or No hauls?
Millseconds or No milliseonds ?
Fixed tribes?
Win conditions?

Let's discuss, nicely :)

DeletedUser111495

How long would you like it to run for? 6 months
Hauls or No hauls? No hauls
Millseconds or No milliseonds ? Milleseconds
Fixed tribes? No

DeletedUser

Will HP be P2W?

I've been planning on making my own server for a while and populating it with a few hundred people, creating a few tribes and duking it out. Now you mention it, HP might be an alright place for that.

Time: 3-6 months
Settings:

48 Hour BP played at 3-5 Speed depending on hauls/nohauls, Rest of world played at 2 Speed, 0.5-1 Troop Speed.
Archers, Mounted Archers but with an extra 10 attack, Paladins and weapons but with bonfire at half effectiveness

No Militia, no Flags, no Churches, no hauls (don't actually mind too much either ways, but my default).

26 Point start, no tutorial.

Fixed or non-Fixed tribes, tribe limit 30 with 15-20 starting members.

Win condition: Domination (single tribe). Recruitment allowed at a pace of 2 a week (if fixed) after the first week (if not fixed).

Milliseconds yes, 50ms gap.

My experimental conditions.

DeletedUser

Perhaps you could do partially fixed tribes, have up to 10 members at the start and then 5-10 randoms would be interesting.

Michael Corleone.

No hauls with no other dumb settings like farm limit; no ms; 250 ms gaps; etc. 50 ms gaps would be perfectly fine.

edit: no pally weapons either.

Last edited:

gargareth

You should pretty much just go with the exact opposite of whatever Earl thinks would be a good idea.

My ideal settings (by which I mean I would quit after less than a day rather than just not really ever play) would be something like:

Speed 1, unit speed 1. (This doesn't really matter but preferably the product of them would be about 1 and speed wouldn't be above 2.)

No p2w.

No hauls.

No milliseconds.

No farm limit.

Pally without weapons. (Though no pally is enormously preferable to weapons)

No archers.

No morale.

No church.

No militia.

Half price packet academy with cheap rebuild for nobles lost in attacking,

10 tech.

~2% fake limit.

No fixed tribes.

Greys should quickly downgrade to 26 points (though I think there should be quite a few bonuses).

Noblemen reduce loyalty by 27 with every successful hit.

Ideally some kind of elevated start as well to remove some of the tedium generated by the start of no haul worlds. (Obviously with this then no quests) Really any kind of sensible elevation thats been used before would be fine. Except for this: [spoil]15 HQ
15 Barracks
10 Stable
2 Workshop
15 Smithy
5 Market
23/23/23 on Resources
22 Farm
15 Storage
15 Wall[/spoil]
Clearly any HP round with that start would be pointless and terrible and be entirely luck based with no skill required at all, because reasons.

Unsure about run length/win conditions (though some kind of run length should be set such that it is either round ends if set of conditions Y is true, or at time T- just so there is a clear end in sight)

Last edited:

DeletedUser112079

Speed 4, Unit speed 4, hauls, milliseconds, farm limit, pally with weapons, archers, morale points based, church, militia, full priced packets, simple tech, no fake limit, fixed tribes, quests, barbs grow to 12k, no bonuses. 100% dominance win condition, no exception.

twenty-five

No ms, no hauls.

Speed 2, troop speed 0.5.

Elevated start of like 500 points-ish (HQ 10, Rax 5, Stable 3, Smithy 5, Timber/clay/wood 15, Farm and warehouse 10 each). Small variations would work but the purpose is simple: lets remove the dumb early pit levels which on no hauls are somewhat pointless. Also conveniently removes any need for quests.

3-4 day bp.

Tribe limit 5-15. No outside support. Tribe lock after 1-2 months.

No new weapons (Am not fussed about old weapons, no pally or pally with no weapons)

No archers.

No church.

No morale.

Half priced packets. Cheap rebuild when lost attacking is enabled.

No p2w, because that ruins the concept of no hauls.

Barbs don't grow and start at 26 points (barb nobling is already quite good on no hauls, let's not make it more so)

10-tech. Makes resource spending decisions slightly more interesting with respect to troops (more troops vs level up etc etc) so makes no haul more interesting.

2-3% Fake limit.

Win condition: When Tom says the world is over it's over, he wins.

Last edited:

DeletedUser117226

No hauls,
No P2W
6 months.
Fixed tribe limit of 5-15 members.

Anything else not bothered.

sonofsatan98

No Haul
6 Months duration
No P2W
No Church
No Archers
Paladin with no weapons
3 day BP
4 speed
Simple tech
Morale Time based
No fake limit
Attack gap 150ms
And half price packets :)

DeletedUser118725

No hauls, no p2w and fixed tribes plus other tribes as well, two types of tribes. Lock down after 3 months the world goes on for 6 months.

DeletedUser

No Hauls
No Church
No Morale
Pally with no weapons
Attack gap 100ms
15 - Tech
20 member tribe limit, lock when less than 50% of world time remains (if a 3 month world, locks after 1.5 months, etc)
No outside support
Coins
Speed 4
No fake limit

Durtmcgurt

You should pretty much just go with the exact opposite of whatever Earl thinks would be a good idea.

My ideal settings (by which I mean I would quit after less than a day rather than just not really ever play) would be something like:

Speed 1, unit speed 1. (This doesn't really matter but preferably the product of them would be about 1 and speed wouldn't be above 2.)

No p2w.

No hauls.

No milliseconds.

No farm limit.

Pally without weapons. (Though no pally is enormously preferable to weapons)

No archers.

No morale.

No church.

No militia.

Half price packet academy with cheap rebuild for nobles lost in attacking,

10 tech.

~2% fake limit.

No fixed tribes.

Greys should quickly downgrade to 26 points (though I think there should be quite a few bonuses).

Noblemen reduce loyalty by 27 with every successful hit.

Ideally some kind of elevated start as well to remove some of the tedium generated by the start of no haul worlds. (Obviously with this then no quests) Really any kind of sensible elevation thats been used before would be fine. Except for this: [spoil]15 HQ
15 Barracks
10 Stable
2 Workshop
15 Smithy
5 Market
23/23/23 on Resources
22 Farm
15 Storage
15 Wall[/spoil]
Clearly any HP round with that start would be pointless and terrible and be entirely luck based with no skill required at all, because reasons.

Unsure about run length/win conditions (though some kind of run length should be set such that it is either round ends if set of conditions Y is true, or at time T- just so there is a clear end in sight)

I would like to second most of this. Only changes would be world speed at 5 and troop speed at 2.

This is a no hauls and an HP, you need higher performance. So higher speeds.

Edit * Make it last 6 or 8 months and a tribe lock at 50% of worlds length. I liked that idea.*

Last edited:

Zpit367

Definitely hauls
at least 8 months
not fixed tribes
milliseconds
paladin with weapons
flags
archers
No tribe members limit
coins
Moral
Militia
Bonus villages
high point barbs
Ability to skip some quests
Some Pre made barbs already equipped with wall and troops?
no beginner protection?
95+ dominance to win

Last edited:

DeletedUser102815

How long would you like it to run for? None we here for the long term.
What settings do you prefer? Pally weapons archers simple tech,gold coin cheap rebuild of nobles.
Hauls or No hauls? hauls,barbs upto 5k
Millseconds or No milliseonds ? No milliseconds
Fixed tribes? Tribes 40 members
Win conditions? One tribe and allies Occupy 3/4 of map,thats area not villages (political map)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser118682

Haul
No Church
No Archers
Paladin with no weapons
3 day BP
3 speed
Simple tech
No Morale
No fake limit
Tribes 15 members
Attack gap 50ms

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser32206

Speed 3
unit speed 1
No Morale
No fake limit
No Church
No archers
No paladin
No outside tribe support
12-tech
Tribe lock (No switch tribe after 7 days)
8-10 tribe members
50ms attack gap
Coin

DeletedUser57316

Higher speed, no morale, no paladins, no outside tribe support, 15 tech, half priced coins. No p2w ofc