@Night from idea to Countdown.

DeletedUser115571

@Night From Idea to Countdown.

The idea of @Night originated from a guy called Thoil (one of those who started on Guns for hire). A young man with a vision of a Swedish premade on .Net. He soon realised that the interest was too low for a pure Swedish premade so he asked Lakozze (Antidote) so speak with friend on the Norwegan server (Shaman Matozan) if he could add some from there.

Thoil and I held talks in the spring and he asked me to be the Duke of the tribe and I had told him I would.

The world started in June and I was surprised to see that we got over 25 accounts from the Scandinavian servers. I soon realised though that not all was in for the long run. Some had just joined in to see who was were.

There were a fair few of what I would call great players. The greatest challenge though would be to bring them all together as one team and ofcourse make the team from both Contries feel as welcome.

To deal with this, Shaman was made part of council from the start, He job was mainly to make sure the norwegan parts were "happy" Antidote had the same role for the Swedish players.

One of the great rules that were not to be broken was that noone would be out on external and troll with all the other " I am the best" attitude players. We were to hold a low profile concentrating on gaining ground ingame rather than by trollling.

I also enorced feeding def players. We had a few who sacrificed personal growth by going def in the first village, and everyone had to pay a tax to those plalyers. Thanks to you Kristian. You did great with your def account early on.

We lost a great player early, One of the so called ego players. The fall out had to do with the choice of tribalcoat :). I guess he just wasnt comfortable to play if he could not run the show ;).

One of my perogatives was that slacking would not be tolerated. If i was to lead I demanded activy from all. Very soon though we realised that som of our players did not have what was needed.

By mid august we hit our first Chrisis. School season was starting adn the summerplayers needed replacement. This proved hard and led to more internal mergers than what i bargained for. We had to consider recruiting from the world. At that time our Northern part had gained great ground while the south (with me and allmenmustdie) was struggling so i decided to make the already strong north stonger and if I would get nobled ( i had by then lost a full nuke, half in BT someone and half in a BT on myself -- Thanks josh :( A player that later played for a while on lego wonderwoman) i could restart and hopefully land further north. One of the players that we picked up there was Cody (blckdrn1), a guy that impressed me so much that he coduke me today.

Our gameplay from the start was to Secure the rim and from there go towards the core with our back free from threats. We started off this by warring all families in k46. The ones we didnt declare on pretty much declared on us. Them wars gave us a fair bit of OD. That gave us some attention from the TW community both good and bad. On the good side it gave us the possibility of negoiating a relation.

We opted to Nap the tribe FART. This because they were located in k45 and we had no intentions of going for the core until we had the rim secured.

It seemed a good fit for us, but we soon noticed that FAARK, leader of Fart did not want to keep negotiated boundaries. They were suppose to go for the core and we for the rim, His rimplayers were to jump to the West of us, but instead they kept nobling to the east of us, and when we brok the Drunken tribe Fart recruited to the right of us. This pretty much surrounded us and made me uneasy. I tried to point this out to FARK but he played the innocent and kept on about how vulnerable his tribe was and how impossible he was. This was all done in a hidden forum. What Faark didnt know that all from my premade had access to it (sorry Faark, but they all heard the original ranting) Faark was so unpleasant to deal with that two guys i had appointed as diplomats gave up the role due to the harshness of Faark (Thoil and Henrik). I know from this very point that nothing good was gonna come from the relationship, but we needed to win time as we had war with about 8 tribes at the time. So we agreed to the alliance proposed by Fart but prepared for war. Our alliance was set to a month so that was our time to play with.

During this month Faark started up a sistertribe in K56. We realised the purpose was to strenghten his position towards us, Faark also strengthen the relation with Wrapit. A tribe we both napped. Our nap with this tribe would end 4-5 days before the alliance with Fart could be cancelled so we had two choices. We could try to prolong it risking to get a threeway war against us with all fresh and strong villages, or we could war them the second the nap ended giving us a few days to pounder them before Fart would jump in.

We opted for the second choice and went in hard the second the nap ended (som claim it was a few hours before it ended, and it was some uncertainties about the exact minute it ended) We manage to hit wrapit a bit offguard, got a few important villages and took our a fair amount of troops. From our caps we saw how Fart and Old tried to support wrapit during this time and we then knew we had done the right decision. We also recruited a big threat from Fart during those three days. The angry potatoe. It was not becasue we wanted the player, but we didnt want a four front war with Fart. That account aslo had no wish to fight so he as happy to join. Ofcourse he gave Faark sit within hours. but we had anticipated that and had no information available from forum for months of that account. And we had fake bookings.

The minute the alliance Fart started to launch. There was suppose to be a seven day nap there before the alliance could turn into war but Fark forgot that one.. ;) . Lucky for us thre were no coordination at all in Farts attacks. it was just random players trying to get some hits on targets near them. nothing we couldnt handle.

To avoid any information leaking to Fart. I kept all Ops in Pm and noone know what anyone but themselves were doing in the ops and I would say that was a big key to make the OPs successul.
Fark suffered from many players not taking part in the war, and I guess some of the OLD players were pushed into the tribe after a small k56 war so the loyalty was perhaps not the best.

The war was even for a while, but we had less weaker players then the three tribes we met so we were able to gain more ground which demoralised the Fart coalition. We were not invincible and we lost a few acconts in that war as well. All got new homes as Cos with other teammates though.

It was at this time i asked for all to put 200 cats in their nukes. Easiest way to win over an enemy is to make them not wanting to log on.

One day after a failed OP by Fart and when we broke through in a few places and wrapit was all but gone FARK declared that he was do delete. A fair few of his keyplayers were to delete too. We were then left with the option of rejecting all or take in some to fill up for our killed accounts.

We opted for three account. Loncelot. Necromancer and cmd. Those were three active accounts that had infact played decent. Necro was out of troops, so some where not happy but I decided to give them a chance. Faark tried to convince me to take in Doler at this point, but i didnt want him. He then applied ot a tribe we had napped during this war 333. We accepted that he go thre if he gave up his villages in our cluster. He did however grew greedy and took like 15-20 freebies from FAARK. and we then did a 180 and said we could no longer accept he take our spoils for free and then join 333, So we finished him off. The other three accounts was held strict and was not to noble any Fart villages for five days, this because we didnt want them to get free villages while our older members would hit stacks.

This turned out well and all three have done great contributions to our tribe.

Now all of k45 was filled with dead accounts as was the northern k56 area.

We pushed as hard s we could to take all of k45 before the reborn sorry tribe would be able to take them. It was at this time Scott from Norse came with the proposal that we end our relatons with reborn and 333 in favour for an alliance with Norse. He wanted us to war reborn and 333 toghether instead. This was the worse time he could have come with this proposal as we had so much to clean up in k45 before we would even contemplate going into K44 and reborn and we also didnt want to drop 333 without any real reason. Scott got really disapointed and after that we never really spoke on good terms again.

At about this time so many wanted to go on external so i came up with an idea to have one day of pranks on external. So we announced the mad mushroomday, and for one day we had great fun posting false wardeclarations, made up lies and just had a ball. This ended 24 hours later and our strict nonengagement on external was again enforced.

During our cleanup we started to war Knight since they took in refugees and they were ate our spoils of war. Ofcourse they were also simply in the way. They gave little to no resistance and were soon gone.

At the same time Jlove brok up his tribe and at some of his players. We also heard rumous that he was gonna break apart 333 and start a supertribe with some 333 some of his own and some of reborn. We wanted to stop this at any cost so we invited jlove. We hoped he would be able to join our course for the win ( go for reborn and then get a front with Norse). This didnt work though, All jlove was interested in was to attack 333 so we had no choice but to let him go (think he left himself).

He went on to create his supertribe consisting of highpointers in 333 and Merge. I put all my effort in to convince the powerrangers to reject the new tribe. I worked hard with guarantees of help with support pink etc. I here managed to destroy the supertribe in its cradle and perhaps it was at this point we sat our path to winning this world.

333 was ofcourse shookdown by the rangers leaving and return and Norse picked up on it and Declared war on 333. We helped 333 with some sits, but couldnt do so much as we did not have a front of our own. To counter this we had talks with Ghostbuster in yolo. They didnt really have an active leadership at the time, and we were down to like 25 or so players, so we decided to recruit from them ( a merge if you like). It gave us a huge part of k56 but we could not work together at that time as they had to deal with sex. So they became a southern fraction.

At the same time we kicked one of our greatest accounts for soloplaying, absentsoul. This gave a character boost to the tribe and we went on to war jloves new tribe. That tribe fell pretty fast and that had weakened the reborn so much that they were no longer a real threat. They gave themselves to Norse. they merged some accounts ate some dead and gave Norse sit when we finally warred them. We also joined the war agianst Norse. Not becasue we could do much without a Front but we wanted to show 333 and Norse were we stood.

We also set Guns on taking out a northern rimtribe and he pretty much screwed them over in one OP
For the rest of the rimtribes we decided to nap one and war all others. We chose to Nap DKS.

It also meant we had an account in the middle of Norse (thatdamnpolak) I decided (sorry polak) that this account could not be saved so it was decided to jut try to be a pain for as long as possible on it and then the owner would be offered a new account.

After the jloves fall our north with GET ON MY LEVEL in charged started to make a move on overdoese and xaime. We noted that odk did not really help at all and we pretty much now already then that the north was gonna be won. In the middle Norse was stonger as we still had 333 between us and Norse, even if 333 fell fast by now. By early december we took in what was left of active 333 and ate waht we could from inactives. Still k55 was not a secure area.

Two weeks before xmas i felt i was torn between family and the game, so i left for two weeks to get a chill period. When i came back my account had been gifted so someone was not too happy about me being back. That was however sorteed quickly and focus went on Norse. Our north was doing fine and so was the south. We had also done a strategic recruitment in the far wast given Norse more front than they wanted. It was only in the middle we were weak. I halted my own expansion here and went about noble anything i could in k55 just to break the Norse dominance there. It worked thanks sto the fact that Norse had nobled so much without real resistance that they did not stack their villages. This was a big turningpoint in the Norsewar. My teammates saw me pushing Olly out of his newly won area and that we then finally had some potitve stats. It gave @Night that little extra energy needed after 2 months of negative stats with Norse. A few days into January Norse had an Op that was not doing that well, and we had both a northern and a southern Op at hte moment that made a lot fo damage not only to Norse villages but also to their morale. From that point on we had plus stats on Norse pretty much every day.

In the end of Janurary I was told firm had a vote to fight us or Norse. The vote had come to favour of warring Norse. We were contacted about this and we told them they could take xaimes villages that were hiding and dividing the Firmcluster. I made it clear to my diplomat that we cant take them, but we will then go through firm to do so. It is to be noted that duing this vote and after, there has never been and will never be a relation beetween firm and @Night.

The rest is pretty much history in the making. Many Norse deleted their accounts. Lef their accounts go inactive and simply giving up. Norse did a finale attempt to OP Castle but luckily for us, by then the whole rim was secured so we could send a large amount of suppot. so Castle lost a a minimum of villages. This was the final blow to Norse and rather than fight a lost cause they went on to other worlds.

it was then no harsship for @Night to pick up the last few secrets and let the countdown beging.

Banter in all honour. I want to thank everyone for f fantastic fun 8 months here. I have met people on both side of the border that will remeber forever.

I hold no grudges to anyone. you have been opponents in a game and that game is now over. Well played all and good luck to all on your next adventure in life. High five to all and hope to cross path with you all in the future.

To my tribesmate that stuck with me and belived in me. Thank you all.

To all that I missed mention Hugs to you too ;)

Mintcream (my original swedish nick) will never bee seen on a .net world again. :)

DeletedUser115571

Also a great thanks to ouchmybigoe. You were so full of energy and i laughed so much with you. so sad we lost you when you moved from China to Taiwain

I also want to give a special thanks to Blackrage who unfortunately had to leave the game due to serious healthissues. I truly hope that your treatment have killed the cancer. Our win will be dedicated to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser116033

To counter this we had talks with Ghostbuster in yolo. They didnt really have an active leadership at the time, and we were down to like 25 or so players, so we decided to recruit from them ( a merge if you like). It gave us a huge part of k56 but we could not work together at that time as they had to deal with sex. So they became a southern fraction.

nothing near 25 players, yolo had 11 at the end with 6/7 joining ;) I came back from being pretty ill and knew I had no time to lead. Because myself and mintcream were old friends and had worked together on this world previously I decided to get those who deserved it into @night. Following this I quit for real life reasons for a few months, to return in January.

Special thanks to the players of Zenith account myself. Including Goldbunz who unfortunately had to leave the account. Aaron from the account threatened my existence on the world from pretty much near the beginning. Kripto666 was solo having left fart and aaron organised an op on us. Though we lost no villages we were crippled and would not survive another wave. Which Led to us recruiting him and forming Yolo out of respect for skills he showed in the op, and largely to save our skin. Since then aaron proved an invaluable member in the tribes leadership and wars. He was originally on an account called poor monzilla until he merged with zenith184, who was an account who defected from sex to yolo before the war originally began

Today still his account is one of the big hitters and one of the extremely good front accounts @night possesses. The other player on zenith is noted by mintcream. Thatdamnpolak. This player was originally in sex too until we convinced him that sex would not survive and it was the right place to be. He knew this would not come without difficulty as he was two continents away and surrounded, so we recruited others with him nearby who proved they were not of the same calibre and were dropped. This account was expected to die several months before it did. With sex east and norse west this account had to fight for its life every week. Take a hit, make a hit and keep surviving.

If not for these two players, the south would have conceded to norse and at a rapid pace. Thank you to everyone else in @night a long the way and it was good talking/fighting with a few Norse players.

DeletedUser114322

Congratulation to @Night and to you Mint. I have been watching the progress all the way. Sorry that I had to quit so soon, could not manage to spend that amount of time required for a tribe on that level with new job. Still, I am glad you guys is in a good position to win this server and fulfil the long time goal.

Thank you all the players in @Night I had the pleasure to play with. Great tribe, great players, great personalities!

Big hug from Jin :)

DeletedUser

One of the great rules that were not to be broken was that noone would be out on external and troll with all the other " I am the best" attitude players. We were to hold a low profile concentrating on gaining ground ingame rather than by trollling.
I have to admit I laughed harder than I should. ;)

monstaz2

We gave up on no externals rule after we had pretty much won

DeletedUser113867

To all that I missed mention Hugs to you too ;)

Mintcream (my original swedish nick) will never bee seen on a .net world again. :)

I can't help but feel this was aimed at me, thanks for the warm embracing hug mate. I enjoyed it as much as your conversation, that beautiful smile of yours, with true love in our eyes.
So yeah, go back and tell them you've won a .net server. Tell them how it was hard and fun, but it wasn't the highlight of your journey. Tell them you felt complete, you met Heartlessfool.

Shout out to monstraz2, brains and beauty of @Night. Worthy W75 winners.

DeletedUser115757

I tried to check what's happening in tribalwars w75 and tried to logged in my old account "Power Ranger Yellow" but forgotten the password , and read some forums instead to see whats happening....

So did @Night won the server ?

Best regards to all players I have met in the game , it was fun playing with you guys (since im new and my first world).
Wish you all the best of luck !

~Takahashi

DeletedUser113867

It Makes perfect sense. :icon_idea:

I tried to check what's happening in tribalwars w75 and tried to logged in my old account "Power Ranger Yellow" but forgotten the password , and read some forums instead to see whats happening....

So did @Night won the server ?

Best regards to all players I have met in the game , it was fun playing with you guys (since im new and my first world).
Wish you all the best of luck !

~Takahashi

You answer a Power Ranger when they speak Tampara... Bad Tampara, very bad. Our grip on W75 may have faded, but we only relinquished our Tw accounts to expand our operations elsewhere. A new world, the real world (Oh noez, the horror. Relax, i'll do good i swear). We are now looking at becoming heads of state of our respective countries only to reveal our true identity. We will obtain world peace and give free flowers to everyone who wants them. Plus we would get rid of birth certificates, only Power Ranger ID badges from then on.

DeletedUser117248

You didn't say anything about how us north west boys joined up and lasted until the great merge was complete!

Id say that was a notable feat!