• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
Dear all,

I went through the votes and it was a tight run!

We have detected 7 fake (double/bot) votes for Nightbonus Dynamic 200, which gives us the final score of:

Nightbonus disabled119
Nightbonus fixed 1501
Nightbonus fixed 2007
Nightbonus Dynamic 1504
Nightbonus Dynamic 200109
I don't care6

As you can see, this is a very close call. A majority has voted to disable nightbonus, but if we add up all the Nightbonus votes, we would get a 2 vote lead, potentially with a few fake votes missed.

This margin is so close that we have discussed the result internally and have decided to disable nightbonus on the coming world. The reasons for this are as followed:

1- Given this is a no-haul world, replacing any type of nuke will be an expensive operation and adding defensive bonuses simply because of a nighttime 'somewhere' seems largely unfair
2- Combined with the fact Archers have won the vote, which favours defenders, we do not believe adding an additional favour for defenders is right. Definitely not considering the cost of resources on this world.
3- We also believe in International's original nature. International is our identity and part of that identity is a game that doesn't stop simply because it is night. Up until world 114, nightbonus wasn't even a thing (or extremely rare). Part of the goal of launching this special milestone world is to have a throwback to the past.
4- I flipped two coins and the results were indecisive. I was afraid to do a third. Scary. Really. Gets the BP up. Not good. How would my family explain I died of a heart attack after a forum poll. Anyone knows?

We appreciate that this setting is split down the middle in popularity, which will be taken into account for future international worlds.

Thank you all for your votes, your dedication and effort!

Kind regards,
JJ

(4 was a joke, by the way)

Draw the Owl

Reaction score
621g1i.jpg

Wrongway

Reaction score
Not that Im good at math, everyone always complain about how I calculate.
But I want to understand this poll so please enlighten me.
121 voters for any kind of nightbonus,
and 119 for no nightbonus

How does 119 beat 121?
Or does the fact that they want nightbonus but just a different kind work for itself even tho every of those votes are for NB?
Or do you base the decision on possible missed fake accounts on one side only?
I dont quite get your arguments? Why did we even vote?

Its just a thought and as I said Im bad at math but it seems like I do math completely different from you, but please answer my questions I'd love to understand your way of thinking and understand your way of writing:)

Last edited:

Wrongway

Reaction score
close that we have discussed the result internally and have decided to disable nightbonus on the coming world. The reasons for this are as followed:

1- Given this is a no-haul world, replacing any type of nuke will be an expensive operation and adding defensive bonuses simply because of a nighttime 'somewhere' seems largely unfair
2- Combined with the fact Archers have won the vote, which favours defenders, we do not believe adding an additional favour for defenders is right. Definitely not considering the cost of resources on this world.
3- We also believe in International's original nature. International is our identity and part of that identity is a game that doesn't stop simply because it is night. Up until world 114, nightbonus wasn't even a thing (or extremely rare). Part of the goal of launching this special milestone world is to have a throwback to the past.

1- Well replacing a nuke is always expensive and thats a factor in the game that makes you question your moves and force you to use some intellect?
2- So basically, we hear your voting but we dont care because now you can play too defensive if the one attacking is dumb? (I kindof understand this a bit)
3- It doesnt stop at night because of a bonus? Or were you planning on adding peace between 00 and 06?

(Dont take me wrong, I just want to understand your answers since Im a bit slow)

Last edited:

TG Smurf

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

How does 119 beat 121?
Or does the fact that they want nightbonus but just a different kind work for itself even tho every of those votes are for NB?

Its just a thought and as I said Im bad at math but it seems like I do math completely different from you, but please answer my questions I'd love to understand your way of thinking and understand your way of writing:)

Don’t be a bad loser

Wrongway

Reaction score
Don’t be a bad loser

I'm just trying to understand what he means with what he wrote, his decision is final and I understand that and I wont argue to change it. I just want to argue to understand how he got to the conclusion.

If trying to understand people is being a sore loser I am one sure.

Petzy

Reaction score

How does 119 beat 121?

A majority has voted to disable nightbonus, but if we add up all the Nightbonus votes, we would get a 2 vote lead, potentially with a few fake votes missed.

This margin is so close that we have discussed the result internally and have decided to disable nightbonus on the coming world. The reasons for this are as followed:

He basically answered your question already. Read it again slowly.

tl;dr though: sought to appeal household clowns like ropey since players like him are more..interactive/active/present. I equally found the argumentation to the decision insufficient but it's a decision nonetheless and we should oblige :)