No chance for new players?

DeletedUser118378

To see a 120k+ player on the k35 rim, what chance do players without absurd amounts of pp within his 50x50 really have to survive.....

Math Debator

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
More or less none, especially because from everything I hear from his tribemates on previous worlds, his account is pretty much fully automated...

Rimulous

That is an absurd example, but there isn't even a chance for talented experienced players either that don't use PP. I had a tribemate that has won several worlds and has been growing at pretty much the maximum possible rate without using PP. All of a sudden a new person joined nearby and grew from scratch to over 4K points in 3 days. He was able to build a full noble train within this 3 day period. The PP player nobled my friend's village while the PP player still had beginner protection, so we could not even back time his nuke to slow down his offense. I may be next and there isn't much I can do. Though I do have way more defense than my tribemate. I used like $20 worth of PP to accelerate my growth but the PP player used nearly $300. This type of behavior where you can just buy a village like that makes long time players quit permanently. Win or lose, this is my last world. I hope I get the chance to noble a few villages before someone takes me out.

-Abyss-

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Tribal wars' player base is declining and I have a feeling its cause this game is so pay to win. Its ridiculous. Takes the fun out of the game.

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
That is an absurd example, but there isn't even a chance for talented experienced players either that don't use PP. I had a tribemate that has won several worlds and has been growing at pretty much the maximum possible rate without using PP. All of a sudden a new person joined nearby and grew from scratch to over 4K points in 3 days. He was able to build a full noble train within this 3 day period. The PP player nobled my friend's village while the PP player still had beginner protection, so we could not even back time his nuke to slow down his offense. I may be next and there isn't much I can do. Though I do have way more defense than my tribemate. I used like $20 worth of PP to accelerate my growth but the PP player used nearly $300. This type of behavior where you can just buy a village like that makes long time players quit permanently. Win or lose, this is my last world. I hope I get the chance to noble a few villages before someone takes me out.

No offence but your talented player can't have been very capable. If someone has pped a village from scratch they probably don't have many troops yet. Would likely have been easy to snipe/cancel snipe it. If you're worried about being next I would suggest to expand to multiple vils asap and get the walls up and def troops building :)

awper

No offence but your talented player can't have been very capable. If someone has pped a village from scratch they probably don't have many troops yet. Would likely have been easy to snipe/cancel snipe it. If you're worried about being next I would suggest to expand to multiple vils asap and get the walls up and def troops building :)

I have a feeling you haven't played start up without PP in a while. Good luck getting "multiple vils asap" when you have someone who can buy enough Res for a train within a few hours right next to you, who can boost his production and rebuild three times as fast as you all without even farming. Barracks & Stable at max level through Pp, loads of recruitment and Res bonuses.. having a big nuke(in start up...) in a few days is not hard with Pp.

Good real example on 103. Albeit I wasn't playing seriously, someone popped up less than 6 fields away from me and had his second village a few days later and tried to make me his third village. I killed his nuke as he only had 1 noble so he now has to rebuild but in reality, how long can I really keep beating him? If he sends a train I can snipe it and back time it, or try stack against his nuke but again, no matter what, he has 2 villages, stacked by his buddies from the core and huge amount of pp to spend. Unless he gives up and doesn't attack me again, I don't really have a chance of growing in that area and neither do all the other non-pp players. I've been on both sides of the coin many times, skill is great to have but unless you're an idiot (not you, just generally) PP wins early game 99% of the time.

Another example would be 101, I was casually pp farming and someone started a few fields away from me, had half a full nuke and a train within a week (not huge pp usage but still), I sniped his train and backtimed, he quit same day, I nobled him and took his spot in his tribe. It is possible, but if he spent another couple k Pp he would have easily out rebuild me and kicked my ass.

DeletedUser117534

If I saw someone abusing the exchange so hard in my K I would immediately switch to selling resources and once the exchange was overloaded I’d restarted on the opposite side of the world. Then with earned PP I would boost my village knowing exchange would be very cheap for buyers.

Just an idea. I think we are beyond the point of complaining about P2W, the game is what it is and the best thing we can do is addopt to new reality. As for the rank 2 guy we’ve seen it before, Sakura on 80, Sasu on 96, those guys usually run out of steam or get bored somewhere during mid game. All that cash wasted ;)

Until 104 I’ve never had a start where I would take 6 straight barbs but here I am, rushing spear/scavenging with PP boosts is so overpowered I couldn't resist to try it. I highly recommend it!

Last edited by a moderator:

psychoses43

uh, a tribemate just got screwed by a player under BP, with a nuke composed of 2400 axe/1200 LC and 220 rams, and a pally with all the offensive skills at 4. So talented or not, pp a villa with barrack 25 and stable 20 can help have lots of troops in less than 7 days

Btw, for halloween event, therr was an item that filled your farm at about 15%, so if they pp'd also that event, its easy to fill a farm quickly

Last edited by a moderator:

Mintyfresh

Reaction score
Lol fair enough, been a while since i done a proper start-up so maybe the 'pp meta' has changed. It used to be mostly a case of maxing out pits to supplement income from premium market but no longer i suppose

DeletedUser98959

I've never seen people noble so many barbs. just because they can pp boost it and don't lose any troops..
The good old days where farming was the key.

premium points are the reason that in the past more than 50 continents were occupied with players. and now only 4 ... Sad

Messenger of Peace

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
yep pp is so powerful at start up nowadays but still there aren't many players that use 50k pp at start up so if you pp farm a world and have couple thousand pp you can still beat those abuser;just need a little teamwork;

Last edited:

psychoses43

I've never seen people noble so many barbs. just because they can pp boost it and don't lose any troops..

premium points are the reason that in the past more than 50 continents were occupied with players. and now only 4 ... Sad

they have no choice but to noble barbs, due to the 20:1 ratio

Top 1 was under BP till today.. he managed to reach 150k points under bp.. But now he can only attack people that have at least 7k5 points, with a stupid moral. So I dont get why they do that ..

Rimulous

The guy had 2,000 axes and 750 LC. Maybe not great for a 4K village, but more than someone with a 1k village can deal with. Plus he had maxes barracks and stable, so he could rebuild troops way faster than my tribemate. You can’t even snipe the train if you only have one village and they send a 200 ms train.

0.2 Percent Nigerian

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
You can’t even snipe the train if you only have one village and they send a 200 ms train.
He could have cancel sniped. But RIP to your friend. :(

But now he can only attack people that have at least 7k5 points, with a stupid moral. So I dont get why they do that
I felt this comment in my soul. I've literally been forced to send trains out way further than I'd like to be doing at this point in time. And with the trains walking so far it is hitting super low morale and 1 DV is slaughtering 3 of my nukes. Snipes are killing my splits/anti-snipes a lot more efficiently. The 20x rule has greatly slowed my growth. By the time I realized it was going to be a problem, it was already a problem. lol

I feel like I should write a documentary on this "Living on the other side of x20 rule"

~Babin

DeletedUser120206

There's the 20:1 protection stopping him from players and morale will be crap on their part when they decide to attack players. Unlucky to those who have an account and wanting to play seriously and put up with this.. just insanity with how much pp spent.

DeletedUser122700

Seems to be happening all over the rim.

Iv watched multiple barbs go from ~146 points to 10.4k in 18 hours. K45.
Cannot do anything because of the 1:20 thing. When the 1:20 thing falls away it's you against a field of 10k villages who can rebuild and send everything your way
as fast as any 10k village can.

I wrote to Inno asking if they have ever considered some kind of timegate or cooldown on some of these features at the very least and pretty much got a copy paste autobot response. And a suggestion to use these forums with my suggestions so the community could decide.

So at the risk of being completely crucified by pp users and enablers... those were my thoughts... errr.... /discuss?

Mintyfresh

Reaction score
Seems to be happening all over the rim.

Iv watched multiple barbs go from ~146 points to 10.4k in 18 hours. K45.
Cannot do anything because of the 1:20 thing. When the 1:20 thing falls away it's you against a field of 10k villages who can rebuild and send everything your way
as fast as any 10k village can.

I wrote to Inno asking if they have ever considered some kind of timegate or cooldown on some of these features at the very least and pretty much got a copy paste autobot response. And a suggestion to use these forums with my suggestions so the community could decide.

So at the risk of being completely crucified by pp users and enablers... those were my thoughts... errr.... /discuss?

They mean to use the ideas subforum

But dont bother. I've had mine up there for 6 months with 90% positive votes. Its been tagged as 'approved' by JawJaw 5 months ago but since then literally nothing. No further response from them despite the fact the sub-forum was initially hyped as a way for the community to interact with the development team (albeit in a round-about way). I was initially hopefully for meaningful discourse on ways to improve the game but jokes on me i guess. They'd rather spend 5 minutes thinking up new ways to milk events and poorly conceived win conditions lol

They dont care, that forum just exists so they can pretend to give a shit about 'community feedback' and then give a canned response to every single possible complaint or query.

Its a complete and obvious farce

Looking at you @JawJaw

Yes I am salty.

DeletedUser121485

While I agree that PP has been here for a long time and is here to stay and it's all about making good use of it by optimizing your playstyle, this "boorhog" dude is just plain ridiculous.

It has a come to a point that there's no counterplay left.
I believe it will get better as players won't be able to transfer it anymore in coming worlds, but it will need some time for players with massive amounts of PP gathered from previous world to thin out.

DeletedUser26129

I agree and disagree.
The reason this game is dying isn't just the P2W option, the game was declining long before that, if you look at TWstats you can see howmany villages each world had, which gives you a good impression on the amount of members.

I believe this is because of the change towards mobile gaming ,back in 2010 we almost exclusively played on Console or on PC, now we have a smartphone with milions of games and community's to talk to.

The TW app basicly sucks (pardon my french) and besides that this game takes dedication, people want to play something fun for 20 minutes while taking a dump and be done with it.

also in modern gaming this game has alot less to offer in terms of instant gratification the new generation craves.
village-2.png

Village.png