No more army camps

DeletedUser

Dear players,

In version 6.0 we implemented a new feature called the Army Camp. Sadly the implementation has not been used as much as we would have hoped and did not influence game play as much as we desired.

It is with regret that we announce we have decided to deactivate Army Camps and in the future will completely remove them from the game.

The deactivation will happen on the 25th of November. Troops on the way to or stationed at army camps will be instantly returned. Attacks from army camps should hit as normal. We are currently unsure if gold coins can be refunded to players so advise not to donate more to the tribe than required.

This only really affects worlds 47 and 49, but does mean there will be no more worlds with army camps in the future.

We hope you had fun with Army Camps while they were in the game. We're working on some new and exciting changes that we hope to bring you more news on as soon as possible.

Best Regards
Your Tribal Wars Team

I had the pleasure of trying them out in my time on W47.

How do the members of W47 that are still around feel?

DeletedUser

Bad idea ..

This is a very bad idea, many of us came to play this world because of the camps inspite of the slow speed.

I think it has been said before but with out something to make up for this loss in a big way this is going to hurt interest in this world by many of its most active participants in a big way.

Alot of tribes are just getting players of a sufficient size to actually use them properly and I know our members took some time to get proficient using them. There is a learning curve many have not had a chance to beat yet and now it appears they never will.

This changing of a major setting mid game feels like a rip off and I know our tribe will not be happy with it.

DeletedUser

I was just about to raffle off my 18k coins for a tribe to use camps...

Oh well.

DeletedUser

I absolutely hate this.
Now I have to go back at timing attacks , and timing fakes, and timing nobles from different villages,instead of sending them to one camp and sending them from the camp.

DeletedUser

This is a very bad idea, many of us came to play this world because of the camps inspite of the slow speed.

I think it has been said before but with out something to make up for this loss in a big way this is going to hurt interest in this world by many of its most active participants in a big way.

Alot of tribes are just getting players of a sufficient size to actually use them properly and I know our members took some time to get proficient using them. There is a learning curve many have not had a chance to beat yet and now it appears they never will.

This changing of a major setting mid game feels like a rip off and I know our tribe will not be happy with it.

Agreed, most people came to w47 to try out the army camp idea. With the time some tribes spent refining their army camp techniques, it is very understandable for them to be pissed when the admins just randomly deactivate the feature...

DeletedUser

What is this bullShit.. Im playing here for the camps.. You guys can't En this.. What about the gold coins i've been mining for the camps and didn't use yet?? Do I get them back??

DeletedUser

We are currently unsure if gold coins can be refunded to players so advise not to donate more to the tribe than required.

I can't believe they would remove the camps completely, if it wasn't working how they wanted then they should just stop implementing it on newer worlds instead of taking it off a world which most people joined solely to try them out, was this not the test world for them after all???

If they wanted to remove something that never gets used them replace those damn trees and lakes on my map with farms :)

DeletedUser

Holy F..... this is just stupid!

if the reason to remove them is that they are not used, then why remove the option to do so?
it´s not like it will effect the speed of the servers. this is only hurting any good/agreesive/expanding player that dont just cluster up, by nobling the closest barbs.

the best thing about the camps is that you can send short range fakes, that are really not to predict to be fake or nuke and the ability to support short range.

I mean, it´s almost impossible to noble a village 1-2 K away, if you show your intentions to noble by sending long range support to the village also. (yes yes, I know it can be done, but takes so much more work, to send fake (real)noble trains and fake support etc.

these camps are GREAT, dont take them away from us!!!!!!

Only reason I can see to remove them, is to make even more easy on the unskilled players and turtles to stay safe in there tight clusters! :(

Stop ruin the game for us that like the strat part.

You can always crack a turtles skull, but when you play vs someone good, the camps comes into play much more and you can start dogfights even though your main cluster(s) are far from the battlefield.

Nic

DeletedUser

Morthy said:
We will be able to restore gold coins, but they will not be restored in the last donated order. For example:
Tribe has had 3000 coins donated to it
Now has 1500 coins remaining
Player 1 donated 2000 coins first
Player 2 donated 1000 coins second
Player 1 will have 1000 coins returned
Player 2 will have 500 coins returned

We'll also double the max noble distance on world 47.

Update for you all.

DeletedUser

Originally Posted by Morthy
We will be able to restore gold coins, but they will not be restored in the last donated order. For example:
Tribe has had 3000 coins donated to it
Now has 1500 coins remaining
Player 1 donated 2000 coins first
Player 2 donated 1000 coins second
Player 1 will have 1000 coins returned
Player 2 will have 500 coins returned

We'll also double the max noble distance on world 47.

wht abt the coins of ppl who have left the tribe??
tht shud be divided amongst the existing players of the tribe :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

w47 and w49 people that want army camps to stay should join together.

They want to remove a feature that I payed for? I don't think so. It's criminal and not right.

You premium users payed to play this world as it was. With army camps included. now in the middle of your payment they want to remove part of what you payed for.

Seems they are removing them through the whole TW (Including International Servers). It sucks, indeed as said many of us do choose a world based on its settings and wish it to remain the same. But, rumor has it (according to the other thread), that the .nl servers are having a poll on if they wish to keep it, or remove it. I'm just wondering why we didn't get that same kind of treatment.

To compensate us they added a poll in-game with settings to choose, at this moment. The poll isn't in our favor the people who are fighting to keep army camps alive (or good settings) for w47.

Last edited by a moderator: