No more restarts

DeletedUser

Ok I did hear a rumour that at the end of the month (september as was) that the end game was due to begin... e.g no more restarts for rimmed players..

Well here we are 1st of a brand new month... any news :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

+1 to that. I'd be nice to stop restarts, or at least the 60 days protection :(

DeletedUser

yawn, name the last person who restart within the last year who built up to be competitive with us?

DeletedUser

+1 would also love the last two stages of world closure

- No restarts
- Reduction to 25% noble price

DeletedUser92424

PLEASE STOP THE HORROR! THE BARBS LOOK SO TEMPTING WHEN THERE ARE NO MORE (unclaimed) REDS.

*looks around wondering if anyone believes her* :p

DeletedUser

yawn, name the last person who restart within the last year who built up to be competitive with us?

That's my point exactly.. and yet they insist on staying there with their 200 point villes.. let's just put that flogged horse out of it's misery....

DeletedUser56612

+1 restarts at this point is totally unecessary. They should be stopped.

DeletedUser

I decided to restart in w18 recently, and repopped right next to gandalfy27 who proceeded to go barb. I was hoping to stay under the radar and get my acadamy and feast on the barbs, but was surprised to get nobled by someone when my villas was virtually brand new!
Are we in end game yet? I was able to restart again, but if the end game is on the horizon I guess it isnt worth it.

Was sad to see how few of my old friends were left here.

Are we looking for W18 to be the second world that is won?

DeletedUser

Yes, the mods have told us we are in "end-game". We (BA & Apoc) own over 98% of all the player-owned villages, with only around 1800 left to be nobled. We're hoping that the stage 3 of the world ending will be implemented soon. This one is a further reduction of coin costs and disable restarts.

DeletedUser

It's on the horizon. Yes, we are also looking for this to be the second world closed.

I wouldn't bother restarting, not like I'm trying to act tough, but we pay just as much attention to the 500 point player as much as the million point player. So, either way, we're gonna get you. Better sooner than later.

DeletedUser

Yes, the mods have told us we are in "end-game". We (BA & Apoc) own over 98% of all the player-owned villages, with only around 1800 left to be nobled. We're hoping that the stage 3 of the world ending will be implemented soon. This one is a further reduction of coin costs and disable restarts.

A further reduction!? I don't think I can stand pressing that button anymore :icon_sad:

DeletedUser

Yes, that's what the latest newsletter said:
Closing of worlds

We'd like to congratulate DNY again on winning World 12 earlier this week. Tribal Wars has been launched in over thirty different countries and more than 450 open worlds but to date DNY has been the first tribe globally to win a world by eliminating all opposition. This is a massive achievement for DNY and tribalwars.net so if you see any DNY players on other worlds be sure to congratulate them on making Tribal Wars history!

We're also aware that a lot of players are interested in how worlds end or are won and so would like to explain a little more about that.

Stage 1:

Once a world has roughly less than 1000 players, we run a survey to see if players would like half price coins/packets.

Stage 2:

When the world reaches less than 500 players we run a second survey with the option to reduce coin/packet costs further to 1/3rd of the standard cost.

Stage 3:

When a tribe (or family of tribes) reaches between 70% and 80% domination* we will start the endgame phase. This involves closing the world to new registrations (if not already done), preventing players from starting over after being conquered and reducing coin/packet coins to 25% of the standard cost.

We then give the winning tribe three months to either finish by eliminating all opposition and thus end the world early (DNY did this) otherwise the world will be closed and whichever tribe has the most points will be declared the winner. If players wish for a world to continue past the 3 months, the dominating tribe must split up into smaller, warring factions.

We will be starting the end game phase on another world by the end of this month.

* domination - Percentage of player owned villages owned by a tribe.

DeletedUser74067

I used to play in this world a long time ago (this was my first world and i was in T~S and later on in chickenhawk). Looking at the maps, I have to say UA looks pretty dominant and impressive.

But I highly doubt if this world is anywhere near 'end world' simply because there is still one family tribe and another allied tribe left. IMHO, a world should be closed only when there is one tribe (not a family or a bunch of allied tribes) left standing. Otherwise, it will start a very bad precedence that, in worlds that are older than W18, where a lot of people are tired of fighting and are looking for closures will start allying with each other just so the worlds will close and they can move on. That is just a wrong way to win the world.

I will be happy if someone can prove me wrong by using an administrator's quote. Otherwise, the only way to end this world will be to just finish off all the other player villas and then simply sit here without doing anything. Sooner than later, quite a few of the UA players are going to hit the delete button out of boredom. Then the rest of the more persistent members can form a single tribe and claim that they have won the world.

DeletedUser

I used to play in this world a long time ago (this was my first world and i was in T~S and later on in chickenhawk). Looking at the maps, I have to say UA looks pretty dominant and impressive.

But I highly doubt if this world is anywhere near 'end world' simply because there is still one family tribe and another allied tribe left. IMHO, a world should be closed only when there is one tribe (not a family or a bunch of allied tribes) left standing. Otherwise, it will start a very bad precedence that, in worlds that are older than W18, where a lot of people are tired of fighting and are looking for closures will start allying with each other just so the worlds will close and they can move on. That is just a wrong way to win the world.

I will be happy if someone can prove me wrong by using an administrator's quote. Otherwise, the only way to end this world will be to just finish off all the other player villas and then simply sit here without doing anything. Sooner than later, quite a few of the UA players are going to hit the delete button out of boredom. Then the rest of the more persistent members can form a single tribe and claim that they have won the world.

The difference on this world.. is that apoc/ ba have been allied for the last 2 years... it is NOT an alliance of convenience just to finish this world.. despite everyone's attempts to break it it has remained solid...

also you asked for an admins quote

Stage 3:

When a tribe (or family of tribes) reaches between 70% and 80% domination* we will start the endgame

DeletedUser

Sometimes reading the post just above is too hard :icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

You'd think it'd be obvious that someone needs to slim down the tribe numbers considering we are now at nearly 99%.

DeletedUser

Well if there is anything that was going to shake the Apoc/BA alliance (outside of BA's NAP with -MM-) its gotta be the end of the world, no?