No Rim Route Here. Robbing is Unlawful.

DeletedUser

I can do it, but it'll be once a week maps. Starting May 1st. I will do noble maps, dominance maps, and top tribe maps. I hope I don't miss one, or the whole thing will be messed up :icon_redface:.

But this means I have to stick around these forums.

DAMN YOU ALL.

DeletedUser

On the topic of the thread, I thought this was fairly interesting :)

[spoil]
image.php
[/spoil]

ainsleyhope

♦ 5.5 million of that 20 mil drop created a tribe called CAN
♦ 6.5 million of that 20 mil drop created a tribe called S²ORM
♦ 3.5 million of that 20 mil drop joined Pita (hmm, recruiting the enemy of your ally?! Risky business)
♦ Strangely enough, an inactive account joined GotRob as well, 1 million points.

So that's already 16.5 mil, leaving only 3.5 million points worth of ex-Shave out there tribeless - not really that much in the grand scale of things.

DeletedUser

Apologies, this will be a monster post. As a result, I will spoiler it so you don't have to scroll past it everytime. Should be an interesting read, from the point of view of an ex-FiG council member. I will organize it by chapters, so you can skip to the next chapter if you don't care. Feel free to correct me if you were in on these discussions/histories, my memory is a bit hazy at some portions where I had a lot to do.

[spoil]It all began when I was 5, and I hopped over the fence to go see what was going on inside the "haunted" house in my neighborhood...

Wait, wrong story.

History of FiG

[spoil]Back to the point. FiG began as regular tribe. I was not around much at the time, having been a 200 point account on the rim with little to care about due to RL business and work. Now, when FiG was formed with HunT- and Prey joining, I joined on account of still having friends in Prey, who I've been with in other worlds. I also had friends in other tribes, and I was eager to stay in touch with people as I hadn't quit TW, just the world.

When FiG merged, FiG merged as most tribes in that portion of the world had. And unfortunately, it fell prey to the same problems (no pun intended). When FiG merged, it had a leadership deficiency; the leaders were great, but they had trouble being active. As they struggled with it, a new leader (Lychaeus) was picked as duke from HunT-, and became the new duke. Lychaeus was a great leader, but over time became inactive as RL increased its stranglehold on him. We were in no wars, so don't believe for a second it was due to war. Lychaeus decreased his leadership role, but did not quit, after the Time conflict had ended and Time had merged into ~ONE~. As a result, Lychaeus passed on leadership to dallas420.

dallas420 too, was leader and did a spectacular job. It was under him that I was brought onto FiG council. I coplayed a smaller player, dahFuze, and brought him up on barbs/internals. Unfortunately, when push came to shove, I never got the chance to participate in a war, and I'll explain why later. Now, when dallas420 led, he appointed me to council because I managed to get information occasionally and he believed I had good analysis. Who knows why, I'm a noob, but they wanted help and I was picked.

dallas420 too fell inactive. And so, FiG was returned to the hands of the original duke; Char3200. Now, Char3200 was always my favorite duke, and he and BaseBallGirl were great leaders. Unfortunately, the reason they had been unable to lead and handed it to Lychaeus was still true; while the others couldn't lead due to time constraints, Char3200 and BBG were simply short on time, so they weren't online enough, but could still contribute as council to thought processes.

Enter ~ONE~, GotRob, and shAve.

We had a choice to make, because while we played a part in world politics, the world was at an uneasy peace and we simply could not lead. FiG had to make a choice, pick a side, and do it before it had no opportunities left. ~ONE~ had been increasingly and painfully aggressive, as they no longer had GotRob to contend with. Char3200 was never the nicest in diplomacy, nor was BBG, but it simply didn't mesh with ~ONE~. We never considered GotRob for a moment, and I stand by the fact that they won't win this world. So we were left with shAve and PITA.

PITA would not take us regardless, as we were too far and they couldn't help us. So we opted for shAve. After extensive negotiations, in which Char3200, BBG (slightly), and myself did all the negotiations on who to bring and secured a council seat for Char3200, we moved.[/spoil]

The shAve Chapter Begins

[spoil]We moved to shAve, in the end. As everyone knows, GotRob immediately declared.

Remember that despite anything I say later, I still disagree with GotRob's method of going about the war. But it's a game, and morals don't play into it; but let it be a lesson to anyone who trusts GotRob and wants to win :icon_wink:.

Now, long story short, I'm not getting into diplomacy more than that. I will only be discussing, in this chapter, what happened in shAve.

We had been led to believe we'd line up with shAve's mentality (or at least, some of us haven't, some may have who I have yet to speak to). We did not.

The tribe has gone downhill, or so I'm told. Many people of other tribes dislike me for my posts on the PnP. Well, simply put, they were done out of loyalty. Call me overzealous, but I attempted to keep the tribe as happy and motivated as possible, and a portion of that is painting a picture on the PnP. Fortunately, it worked. Unfortunately, everyone hates me for it. But that's fine, the only people I care about are in shAve, with a few others who know that my posts are only done in loyalty, but that I will only once in awhile post my true opinions.

No, I'm not trying to get an invite. I'm quitting.

Now, we were in shAve, and all was going fairly bad. War opened badly, and I attempted to capitalize on it slowing down to tell the tribe it was evidence that we'd be bouncing back. This was when it started to go downhill.[/spoil]

The End of shAve?

[spoil]shAve began to falter unnecessarily. The main problem came, in my view, from aggressiveness from holyang (aka Tarbin), who had become more angry and threatening over time in the war. Many, many incidents occurred and were averted. I like to think I helped with the averting.

For example, take Texfull. Tarbin yelled at him over the most trivial things. Misinterpreted jokes, not wanting to simply "do this or be kicked", etc. Any disagreement was often met with "You'll be kicked", rather than reasoning. Tarbin said "I deal with too much to explain to everyone". If you explain once, everyone else will hear.

It's not that complicated, and I told him he should've appointed people to council. He said not enough of the council was around to approve it.

Basically, if no one is around to approve it, no one is around to deny it. And if someone is, do you really think they'd blame you for doing something productive? Of course not!

Now I admit, I told him all this after leaving. Why? Because he was hard to get ahold of as well, and was always aggressive. I expressed my concerns to another duke, far busier in-game than he, and she was very understanding and tried to help. Even now, she is attempting to do the work that should've been done weeks ago. If shAve turns around, good for them. I won't be around to see it. I simply don't have the time for 4 world, and I play 3 others. Sorry, this was the least fun one, and if it's not fun, why waste tons of time on my sits and myself? Hence the lack of participation; not only was it not fun in shAve, I don't have the time either. No point, really.

Sadly, shAve is headed by Tarbin, at least in part. Tarbin threatened to kick Nobody Nightmare, going so far as to tell him he would be kicked, flat out. Texfull received a message along the lines of this:

[spoil]holyang on 18.04. at 18:35
and i told you i am not putting up with any more of your garbage and for you to get gone.

again this goes back to being here in this tribe being a privilege and not a right.[/spoil]

Along with this:

[spoil]holyang on 18.04. at 17:03
I have read ad reread your mail several times.

I see nothing there that anyone under the circumstances would consider a joke.

I have showed it to a couple others, and they do not see the humor there either.

In fact their advise to me is to dismiss you and set an op on you.[/spoil]

Well, how nice is that from a baron? Wait, there's more! Look at his mail to Nobody Nightmare!

[spoil]holyang today at 05:36
claim or be kicked.[/spoil]

Gets worse:

[spoil]holyang today at 18:33
tyler we are being straight with you here.

we are not going to put up with the mouth, either through mails to us, on the forums, or in the "important skype chat".

we will kick the account to your co players detriment becasue of your mouth.

we discussed this situation with orel and told him specifically we did not want your account no matter how good your co players and you were.

he assured us that it would remain under control and your co players will make sure it happened.

now no matter how good you are if that does not happen we will kick you.

do not think becasue you are good we will keep you around in despite your mouth.

that will not happen.[/spoil]

Strangely, Tyler was the polite one for once. And normally, I'm the first to point out he's not exactly being nice.

But, Tarbin did more than make everyone unhappy in-game (that's right, it's more than just Nobody Nightmare and I, every single player who is no longer in shAve after Ikigami has left due to shAve policy, mainly Tarbin. Ikigami was kicked.

Tarbin was also partially, if not mostly, responsible for the PITA breakdown. In our merger talks, he had apparently given off an air of intelligence about relations, but I was troubled by his ambivalence towards PITA. The tribe is his end-game ally, so to speak, but he cared little for them from the way he talked about them and what he said.

I shelved that concern, figured alliances and diplomacy weren't mine to handle, as I was never council in shAve.

Then he went and attacked PITA for not declaring on GotRob, saying they were playing both sides and intended to backstab shAve. PITA explained that they had enough on their plate fighting TUFF and ~ONE~, and that they didn't intend to backstab GotRob (an ally) because another ally asked them to. I've seen chats as well; Tarbin was extremely rude, and consistently, to PITA leadership. How they put up with it for so long; I'll never know.

Now, Tarbin gets all fired up by their refusal, and drops the alliance. Boom, bam, there goes the alliance guarding the entire western side of shAve. At this point, I feel it's my duty to intervene. I speak to one of PITA's leader, and ask what went down. I get his version of events, his point of view, and begin to ask questions.

Will you declare on shAve, honestly? Will you attack when the alliance is dropped? Why was it dropped?

I got more than I bargained for. For example, did you know that when Tarbin dropped the alliance, he asked what PITA expected after the end of the agreement formally (waiting period, remember?). They responded that they expected attacks from both sides to fly immediately.

Tarbin? Instead of attempting to be polite, his fired up self said "Well, it'll be the end of PITA".

shAve would never, in a million years, stand a chance against PITA. Maybe before they could've, in their glory days. I won't comment on that. But as is? Never. The day they did would be the day I renounced TW and quit completely and shamefully due to my lack of knowledge. Maybe they'll improve, but Tarbin was all talk and I don't think he wanted to admit it or bend his pride for the good of the tribe.

So I set to convincing one of the PITA leaders that it would be in their best interest not to attack shAve. Did it work? No. Did I believe it was in their best interest not to attack shAve? Absolutely, unless it started crumbling. You can see a portion of this debate with QuickPick2011 on some thread, can't remember where. It was similar with him. I won't go into detail, but I feel that I at least contributed to him not necessarily going to war with shAve, but I'm not arrogant enough to think so, especially as the waiting period isn't over yet (I believe). Regardless, we'll never know; shAve is breaking, which changes the dynamic of my situational analysis.

Wondering why Ikigami was kicked? I know I haven't explained it yet, so here we are...

Ikigami was involved in an op that wasn't a "Tribe Op". Despite holyang asking someone to organize this op, Ikigami being in it was apparently not preferable. Ikigami mailed Tepsudes, who he believed was a council member. With the council as inactive as it is, Ikigami noticed Tepsudes organizing the ops and figured he'd mail his reasons for the other op, not the "Tribe Op" to Tepsudes.

Now, I don't blame Tepsudes. Reasonable, great guy, and done a great job of trying to fix the situation.

However, Tarbin received Ikigami's reasoning from Tepsudes about 7 hours after Ikigami was kicked, the way I hear it. Or he received it before. It makes no difference. Tarbin had sent a circ telling everyone to claim or be kicked; but he did naught to answer Ikigami's specific concerns. This relates back to the problem of not having active council, and their unwillingness to get active council.

So he kicked Ikigami.

Kicking my friend was the last straw, especially over something that sad. Because he chose to participate in an op that was organized at council request, but wasn't deemed a "tribe op", he was kicked without so much as a reason. Out went one of the best players, and one of the ones I respect (believe me, that's a short list). Despicable, to say the least.

So Ikigami gone, PITA alliance gone, a friend or two threatened with kicks; I was sick of shAve, and wanted to quit the world for months already. Well, I wasn't getting op-ed, therefore I couldn't let myself get rimmed if I wanted to. So I, dahFuze, consulted with my coplayer who is busy IRL as well regardless, and we have decided to quit. We're in CAN now, the tribe I began in and founded; the tribe I had the most fun in, despite not being a "winner" on the world scale.

I left shAve, informed everyone of why, and have now begun the process of quitting. After arguments with holyang, a short debate with AfterShave, and all the before, I'm out.[/spoil]

What Do I Want YOU To Take From This?

[spoil]The only thing I want you to take from this is to remember this is a game. If it's not fun, don't play anymore. Tribes are supposed to be fun, and shAve was not. By all means, if you enjoy that kind of leadership, stick with it.

To those I am friends with, I'll keep in touch. Been fun, you'll see me around, and we'll have fun in tribes that aren't as unhappy, like CAN was happy :).

To those who dislike me on the forums, I am sure you will come and flame me. I can see it now, from geani:

"see i knew it i was right ur a noob"

Call me what you want, geani. If Tarbin hadn't been such an aggressive and rude council member, as well as on his power trips, I doubt you'd have had much of a chance. But hey, you took the opportunity, I won't fault you for it. Nicely done, though I would never think you will win the world. Good luck with that anyways.

Regardless, it's a game, like I said. I know many of you hate me for my shAve propaganda. Hate me all you like. If I insulted you, I apologize sincerely. Everything I do is for my tribe; nothing less. Many shAve members appreciated my loyalty, including council members. I was mostly alone (besides monsterbro and macon with his 1-2 comments that were trivial in terms of being anti-GotRob) in defending shAve on the PnP 99% of the time, and I did it out of loyalty.

So when you see that I posted "FREEEDOOOOOOOOM! And it feels so good :icon_cool:", it's because I'm free from shAve. I'm free from posting things I don't believe in, I'm free from loyalty, I'm free from being a part of a tribe that was neither fun nor productive, and I'm done with anyone who made it unhappy there.

Well, you hate me or you love me. Regardless, I hold no grudges against anyone in reality, over something like a world forum. The only thing my moderator tag brings me on a world I don't play is the ability to remember that people get fired up over silly issues, and that taking things on the forums to heart is never healthy. Therefore, I don't dislike anyone around. I don't mind if you dislike me either, but over a game, on the PnP, when I posted out of loyalty; well, I guess it's your personal choice.[/spoil][/spoil]

The end.

PS: Thanks to those of you who I had the pleasure of meeting. This is my explanation of shAve and my actions. I am done here, and will continue posting until no longer relevant or aware of the world. But from now on, you get my true opinion, not just some filtered lie I tell to motivate my tribe.

FREEEEEEDOOOOOOOOM, and it feels so good :icon_cool:.

Edit: All accounts after BaseBallGirl are sits (some of whom are coming back, so highly disrespectful to kick them, I'd have passed them if shAve asked nicely, or at all). Shame, looks like holyang went on another power trip and kicked them.

u6, I dont blame you for what you did, and i will always <3 you :).

DeletedUser105552

and knowing how Rob works that good friend has probably been on it for some time

How we play? If it was shave, that would be what happened more like. Shave like to play dirty with spy's ect

We have never had a spy in your tribe, and soon as we got the account, we left and joined gotrob. What is there to stay in shave for anyways? They are a dieing wreck.

DeletedUser

I highly doubt an ex-FiG player took it. If they did, I just lost a lot of respect for them.

DeletedUser

I'm proud of Humbletree and Nobody Nightmare. Dey be my bros and beasts :icon_cool:.

<3
:icon_redface:

Well written lengthy post U6. Must've meant a lot since I read it entirely :icon_redface:

Until next time ladys and gents :icon_cool:
trouble.

DeletedUser

It is interesting that we have not heard much from DJepo on this matter, seeing how he started the thread.

DeletedUser

That might be because he quit a few days after the war began due to an emergency. I don't believe he was frontline, so let's not go there. At least, that's what the rumor mill told me.

DeletedUser

I'd still love to know what GotRob plan to do with Axls cluster in K46 :p Its funny watching it grow right in their face