Non-premium play viable?

LastApparatus

So, it's been awhile since I've played, and I believe TW has already had its "last non-premium world" (correct me if I'm wrong), so I'm curious, as I'm drawn back to TW as most players often are, is non-premium play viable in premium worlds? And if so, to what extent?

Time-

If you plan on actually playing the world (actually playing is > 20-50-... villages): no.

DeletedUser

So, it's been awhile since I've played, and I believe TW has already had its "last non-premium world" (correct me if I'm wrong), so I'm curious, as I'm drawn back to TW as most players often are, is non-premium play viable in premium worlds? And if so, to what extent?

It is possible, but not really advised I'd say. Would not call it particularly viable, given that premium cuts down the difficulty tremendously.

DeletedUser118875

Playing with just a few villages, it is definitely possible. It's a bit of pain because you don't have an easy way to switch between villages (in desktop view), access to the incoming tagging feature, access to the incomings overview, nor do you have ability to use a lot of the other convenient overview; however, for a small account with a few villages, it is possible. Once you get over a few villages (5 or more), I consider premium essential. It is definitely possible to play without it, but it would be very difficult and far more time consuming. Once you get over 25 villages, is definitely necessary so you can keep buildings and troops queued and properly time attacks/ops.

DeletedUser

There is another way to play the game, which is very spreadsheet and bookmark heavy which went out of fashion after premium started becoming really convenient. You can actually track hundreds of villages if you know what you are doing. Most people simply cannot do this though.

LastApparatus

I misspoke a little: I'm likely to actually spend the premium to have premium account features, it's the more microtransaction style "Pay to shorten build time" type p2w features that I would abstain from.

DeletedUser118610

At the start of the world is where the P2W advantage really shows. If you survive past that stage then yes, play is viable.

Multiple villages can easily be managed by having more than one person playing the account, no need for account manager or premium.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
Played 84 and won that with minimal PP spendage other than the basic premium account/loot assist.

Playing 88 with no pp spendage except for essentials and @ 4mil points. spending premium on resis/cut times is really only useful for startup and quite frankly if you know what you're doing the different in the long-run is extremely negligible

aetegan

The 20% bonus is a definite boost.
And the loot assist is really helpful, especially if playing mostly on phone like me.
But yeah all the extra spending can easily go rampant but the bonuses can also be huge.
Honestly unless you're willing to live in front of a cpu (as I used to pre pp in w6) managing 25+ villas is not viable.
Yes I remember the multiple spreadsheets and open browser windows... I don't remember if we had tabs yet at the time?!?