Nooble

DeletedUser

actually, you can see whos really good and activ when the top core/semi-core players pass the 150 lcs, thats where the world hoppers start to shine and fly up

That point shows who's active. Not necessarily who is "really good."

DeletedUser

most of those who rise up, do it by farming efficiently, that is usually regarded as start up quality

theres a lot of types of "really good"..
You can have a semi-active 'good' player, who will snipe/backtime/etc any attacks at them, without being in the top ranks. This is more a game of endurance, not everyone wants to have a co-played account, and/or sit at their PC 24/7 to maintain a top ranking.
Some players don't care about rank, they care about their tribe. So rather than go fully offensive and farm hard and noble hard, they support their tribe, take sits, and all those other things that generally go unnoticed. It is Tribal Wars after all.

DeletedUser

You can have a semi-active 'good' player, who will snipe/backtime/etc any attacks at them, without being in the top ranks. This is more a game of endurance, not everyone wants to have a co-played account, and/or sit at their PC 24/7 to maintain a top ranking.
Some players don't care about rank, they care about their tribe. So rather than go fully offensive and farm hard and noble hard, they support their tribe, take sits, and all those other things that generally go unnoticed. It is Tribal Wars after all.

i dont see how your post is related to mine..:/

i have played with players that had co-players...because they wanted the aditional farming and less work on the acc in general

most of those top players wont get anywhere without sniping/backtiming..they can do it too

and i have gone at times half deffensive to support my tribe too..i still dont see how efficient farming shows theyre not doint it though:X

other then that..playing with somebody you enjoy playing with, like in any other activity is a fun experience..that enough is a reason to co-play:S

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i dont see how your post is related to mine..:/

i have played with players that had co-players...because they wanted the aditional farming and less work on the acc in general

most of those top players wont get anywhere without sniping/backtiming..they can do it too

and i have gone at times half deffensive to support my tribe too..i still dont see how efficient farming shows theyre not doint it though:X

other then that..playing with somebody you enjoy playing with, like in any other is a fun experience..that enough is a reason to co-play:S

You seem to think that farming is the only thing that makes a good player. It's not. In fact, a good deal of luck is required to even get to the point of 150 LC with a reasonable chance to rise up. For example, you could be surrounded by a mass recruited bunch of noobs who are all too happy to farm inefficiently their own individual barb over and over again, which while not really helping them get anywhere, leaves you with constantly empty hauls no matter what you do, and thus delays your ability to reach LC so long that by the time you get there, someone else 20 fields away is already farming you constantly. Or, you could be stuck in an area that is constantly getting spiked and leaves you well behind. Again, not that the people doing the spiking are helping themselves any. But it will similarly leave you in a position to be unable to get anywhere. Or, you could be 1 field away from some noob who thinks it's a good idea to try farming you way too early and happen to catch you during that 20 minutes when you're cooking dinner, and manage to wipe out most of your spears. Again, losing all their spears in the process won't help them any. But it will leave you far in the hole. And all that's just ways that you can be unlucky from other people playing badly but holding you back at the same time.

DeletedUser

yea.. i said thats not the only type of quality there is..and am not calling the start up whores the best players ever...just efficient farmers..
I wasn't arguing with you, I was in agreement. I apologise if that was not clear in in my post.

DeletedUser

You seem to think that farming is the only thing that makes a good player. It's not. In fact, a good deal of luck is required to even get to the point of 150 LC with a reasonable chance to rise up. For example, you could be surrounded by a mass recruited bunch of noobs who are all too happy to farm inefficiently their own individual barb over and over again, which while not really helping them get anywhere, leaves you with constantly empty hauls no matter what you do, and thus delays your ability to reach LC so long that by the time you get there, someone else 20 fields away is already farming you constantly. Or, you could be stuck in an area that is constantly getting spiked and leaves you well behind. Again, not that the people doing the spiking are helping themselves any. But it will similarly leave you in a position to be unable to get anywhere. Or, you could be 1 field away from some noob who thinks it's a good idea to try farming you way too early and happen to catch you during that 20 minutes when you're cooking dinner, and manage to wipe out most of your spears. Again, losing all their spears in the process won't help them any. But it will leave you far in the hole. And all that's just ways that you can be unlucky from other people playing badly but holding you back at the same time.

i never said it makes them good player, i said if they reached where they are at the 150 lcs landmark, they are, at least the way i see it, farming efficiently...thats it

i have been spiked,launched at etc etc before i have been able to recover and move on...

i never said the fact that your not there makes you a bad player..

I wasn't arguing with you, I was in agreement. I apologise if that was not clear in in my post.

then i have indeed misread your post , sorry about that:)

DeletedUser

I'm not pointwhoring and I'm in the Top 500 soon too be 100.
I started Six hours late and have One barb in my church area.

A good player Is someone who can deal with bad situations and still stay up top.
About 2-3 Players in the current top twenty will be there in 2 Weeks time.

DeletedUser

I'm not pointwhoring and I'm in the Top 500 soon too be 100.
I started Six hours late and have One barb in my church area.

A good player Is someone who can deal with bad situations and still stay up top.
About 2-3 Players in the current top twenty will be there in 2 Weeks time.

Yeah, you are point whoring. A good player does not worry about staying in the top. They worry about growing smartly and let rank come as a product. If you only have one barb in your entire church area, there's no way you have enough farming income to be building troops and moving toward LC yet. So, at best, your points are nothing more than high mines.

DeletedUser

Yeah, you are point whoring. A good player does not worry about staying in the top. They worry about growing smartly and let rank come as a product. If you only have one barb in your entire church area, there's no way you have enough farming income to be building troops and moving toward LC yet. So, at best, your points are nothing more than high mines.

which he should build in order to survive and advanve in an area where he has only 1 most probaly empty barb

DeletedUser

My area sucks. Farming is shit. I've spiked & killed multiple farming parties, with minimal losses, yet still I can't get a decent haul. So upgrading mines is sadly what I have to do. It's impeding my growth, so clearly I am a bad player.

DeletedUser

Let's all take a look at psyducky's growth so far:

History picked you up at 60 pts (built mines up to 3/3/1)

2011-08-10 22:06 60 +24 (statue)
2011-08-10 23:06 82 +22 1h
2011-08-11 00:06 99 +17 1h
2011-08-11 02:08 107 +8 2h
2011-08-11 10:05 110 +3 8h
2011-08-11 11:06 121 +11 1h
2011-08-11 12:05 124 +3 1h
2011-08-11 15:05 128 +4 3h

I'm going to call it like this:

HQ 5
Mines 3/3/2
Rax 1
Warehouse 2
Market 1
Wall 2
Spears < 15

I'm sure you feel this is a good thing right now. But this is going to leave you behind very soon.

DeletedUser

My area sucks. Farming is shit. I've spiked & killed multiple farming parties, with minimal losses, yet still I can't get a decent haul. So upgrading mines is sadly what I have to do. It's impeding my growth, so clearly I am a bad player.

I'm not saying that building mines is a bad thing. I just said that at best his points would be from high mines, while still being a far way from having LC. The results being that even if he has a modestly high rank now, he will not hold it. When players start hitting LC, and he's still far away from that, his ranking will plummet.

DeletedUser

Market, warehouse and wall this early is just pointwhoring.
N00bs.

DeletedUser

When i see my map i felt very happy now not so much --'
Just 900 iron to :lightcavalry: :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

Let's all take a look at psyducky's growth so far:

History picked you up at 60 pts (built mines up to 3/3/1)

2011-08-10 22:06 60 +24 (statue)
2011-08-10 23:06 82 +22 1h
2011-08-11 00:06 99 +17 1h
2011-08-11 02:08 107 +8 2h
2011-08-11 10:05 110 +3 8h
2011-08-11 11:06 121 +11 1h
2011-08-11 12:05 124 +3 1h
2011-08-11 15:05 128 +4 3h

I'm going to call it like this:

HQ 5
Mines 3/3/2
Rax 1
Warehouse 2
Market 1
Wall 2
Spears < 15

I'm sure you feel this is a good thing right now. But this is going to leave you behind very soon.

Close

HQ:5
Barracks:1
Smithy: 1
Market: 1
Timber: 5
Clay:3
Iron: 1
Warehouse:2
Wall:1

Smithy for Swords too spike and Market for trading my excess Iron and clay. The wall was my pointwhoring side :)
All the rest basic. :)