Failed Vote Not counting OD from attacking/defending from your own tribe

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dukefan7777777

Reaction score
Basically, I think OD stats should not count when it is from your own tribe as to prevent boosting of OD stats. Some OD is organic when players go inactive etc, but overall it would stop the abuse of boosting OD stats.

Deleted User - 848983838

i'm gonna vote yes. inactive OD gained isn't a big deal compared to actual boosting.

how do you handle someone like lite user boosting OD by suiciding dead sat accounts by his tribe on himself before they are intermelled on 121 to be second to hit 5 mil which was embarrassingly pathetic.

also then yes shouldn't let people boost OD once the world is won to take badges like most worlds i think have gotten lately.

both those shouldn't count towards OD because its pathetic.

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
would this make it harder to determine whether its an internal of a inactive account, merger for co-plays, or push/gift accounts??
since they would all look the same stats wise

would it affect the ODS stats??
how would it work with self-attacks??
would it hide players that spike their own tribe members??
would it hide players that have turned rogue and attack their own tribe??

could the friendly-fire setting prevent stat boosting?? or be activated once the win condition is met??

dukefan7777777

Reaction score
would this make it harder to determine whether it's an internal of an inactive account, merger for co-plays, or push/gift accounts??
since they would all look the same stats wise

Considering the level of monitoring this already gets (very little to none) I fail to see its relevance to this.

would it affect the ODS stats??

ODS is tricky Re this issue. This specifically compared to ODA or ODD might be harder to track as a lot of ODS is organic (although still very easily boostable). So this is a Q for the mods. Perhaps a mechanism to only count ODS when your troops kill troops from outside your tribe?

how would it work with self-attacks??

I am currently under the belief/impression that you do not get OD at all for self-attacks and that the only benefit of doing this is for the achievement; thus making this nothing to worry about. Please correct me if I am wrong though as I have not tried to boost my OD by killing my own troops on myself before.

would it hide players that spike their own tribe members??

Spiking a barb is not the same as boosting your own ODA/D/S IMO as it is a strategy employed to hinder those around you in your area during start up and the OD accumulated from that should count.

would it hide players that have turned rogue and attack their own tribe??
could the friendly-fire setting prevent stat boosting?? or be activated once the win condition is met??

Not sure what you mean by hide them. But, based on these three comments I think a good potential solution would be to set a specified time to stop counting OD stats (at least ODA/ODD) from accruing from attacking/defending from your own tribe each world. E.g. When the world registration closes, when a 45% rune dominance is achieved or 45% of villages are owned by one tribe.

By this point in time of a world most tribes/players are solidified, players know each other and can get account sits, etc. and it is still early enough where any player/tribe big enough will still be competing for the world and accordingly wasting troops that way would be counterintuitive (and even if people still did it prior to, time it would take til end of the world would likely be enough to overcome anyone who was able to somehow boost stats that fast & early on in a world).

The main goal of my post was to try and find a way to stop the boosting of stats at the end of worlds to rob people of badges & achievements they earned by those who didn't but whom are simply taking advantage of the system to give themselves or others badges.

SwedishBlueCheese

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Your way to quote is just so anoying.

You guys also forgot that its a well known strat to nuke yourself when having recap war and the enemy send late def and you can kill a DV on wall 0 and no buffs/pally/dflag or whatever so ODA from nuking yourself should still be there

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Your way to quote is just so anoying.

You guys also forgot that its a well known strat to nuke yourself when having recap war and the enemy send late def and you can kill a DV on wall 0 and no buffs/pally/dflag or whatever so ODA from nuking yourself should still be there
Well the suggestion is that tribe troops shouldnt generate ODA/ODD so this situation should be covered by this?

THE MURPH ALL CAPS

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Basically, I think OD stats should not count when it is from your own tribe as to prevent boosting of OD stats. Some OD is organic when players go inactive etc, but overall it would stop the abuse of boosting OD stats.

Like the effort but just no.

Who actually cares about OD stats anyway. It's not a big deal. It's literally a few numbers. It's a dick measuring contest doesn't give you any in-game advantage at all other than people knowing if you're heavy O or D etc. If you really wanted add in an organic option (OD isn't fruit) but people would just leave to let you kill the troops and join back. Too many gaps in this suggestion but I appreciate the sentiment.

Voted no.