November 2019 W109 Cluster Contest Thread

bobertini

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Dear Players,

For this months contest we thought we'd run the cluster contest again as it seem well received in before.

The concept behind the contest for this month is to allow you the players to show off your clusters!

What is a cluster?

A cluster is a term used in game for the spread of your villages across the world.

How can I show off my cluster?

Here is an example,

en104

How was the example created?

Simply head over to twstats and go to the map tool such as; https://www.twstats.com/en109/index.php?page=map

What are the contest requirements?

• Your entry must make use of the spoilers feature when submiting your entry.
  • The image needs to be made by using this https://www.twstats.com/en109/index.php?page=mapwebsite
  • Your own cluster should be in yellow and clearly visible, the cluster of your tribe in blue and your enemies in red. Marking other players/tribes is allowed but not required.
  • Zoom level should be on 250% and your entire cluster should be visible.
  • You should select "markers only" and have the background black.
  • You should mention your account name in your submission post.
  • It is allowed to edit the image, to come up with a creative shape your cluster resembles. Please note that if you choose to do this, you also have to provide an unedited image of the cluster.
Once you have finished creating the image, you can post it below. It would be nice if you could provide a brief explanation to go with the image (e.g. which shape your cluster resembles, if you're happy about your cluster, how you wish to improve it, etc.). This is not obligatory, however does add a nice touch to your submission.

Sign-ups close 30th November 2019, any entries after this date will not count. The winners will be announced after this date.

You can discuss entries in this topic.

Prizes:
1st place 400 pp
2nd place 200 pp
3rd place 100 pp

We are looking forward to your feedback, which you can leave in this thread.

Your Tribal Wars Team

Salvador Dali

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
My 109 experience so far has been determined by a lack of food. Due to having a terrible starting location (the villages in Toxics core) I had to branch out to multiple areas. I did this to to ensure that I could always grow. Personally I strongly believe in having many clusters as quick growth is very important. As long as you can trust your tribemembers not to attack you and as long as you trust your duke not to screw you over this is an awesome strategy. I had less PP and a worse position compared to my tribemates but managed to quickly climb the ranks like this. You can always create a solid cluster later by settling in an area where you can grow without blue dots around.

I have repeatedly tried to settle on frontlines and I now border Appa, Rimmer, -Fire- and Order. I will try to solidify some clusters and expand on frontlines from here.

Username: Salvador Dali

en109 cluster.png

Last edited:

DeletedUser75474

Hey there, this is what our map looks like currently:

Username: Pure Jonat

Explanation: We knew from the get-go that we wanted to have a very dense and compact cluster as we are really comfortable with snipes, recaps, etc, and we are in the fronts. Therefore for us, having various clusters in this world was not a question and we prefered focusing on one continent rather than many. We didn't want any death-stars in our cluster so we nobled 5-6 barb villages in our cluster asap. And from there, we cleared many smaller players around us who were still playing in order to create a somewhat impenetrable cluster.
en109 (4).png

Last edited:

0.2 Percent Nigerian

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
842847e29fa8108a7a998c8428e8415a.png

Explanation: The main person I was gunning for was always to the south so had my villages headed south. Ended up flopping pretty hard so starting my journey going north. The 40hr walking duration is a pain though so a lot of single dots out there. Lot of PP brutes were around me at the start of the world so didn't get to cluster main as much :(
User Name: Weird Flex But Ok

jamieKhunter

Reaction score
1574540601874.png

I think my main cluster is decent, Start out this world with an decent start brought some resource from the market account was online petty much 24/7 for the first week upgrading/ scavenging to get the jump on most players.

Clear most of the nearby players when protection ended, But my inside my Main cluster i had an ton of Civ8/ Civ town member And well most didn't do anything so took them out and expanded from there ,

My cluster improved when i got revenge on Coller , he went super defensive 34 defensive village only one offensive village so never helped in offensive op's and was super slow at sending support out and sent nothing when toxic op'ed cannae - he was to busy to help us stack and snipe

^^^^^ note we had leaked intel of there op about one week in advance so while i was flag farming i choose to use most of my nobles and to take him out

( i'm still super salty about him)

Last edited:

DeletedUser75474

Jamie, we were all winners until you posted the 4th comment! FML o_O

DeletedUser43986

Username: Zeddy Le Mange

#notforpp

en109

I love my cluster. Mainly because I am normally on the losing side by this point if the game, so any village I still own is a bonus.

But this world offers me real hope of finally being able to draw a massive Z with my villages, albeit backwards.

I'm still working on the diagonal, as you can see. If anyone has any accounts that would assist in this process, please message. It doesn't have to be a one man Z.