Now how funny is that ?

DeletedUser44759

I was thinking a wee bit the other day and the words of Calgacus came to me,
It struck me that this earliest record of a speech by a man of Scotland, or more strictly speaking Caledonia, still holds true today in many ways and was of particular aptness in W24, so I've shamelessly plagiarized it....

Whenever I consider the origin of this war and the necessities of our position some fundamental truths ring out.
The furthest limits of this world are thrown open, there are no tribes beyond us, nothing indeed but the rim, and the yet more terrible [ally]deus[/ally], from whose oppression escape is vainly sought by obedience and submission. Robbers of the world, having by their universal plunder exhausted the east, they rifle the south. If the enemy be rich, they are rapacious; if he be poor, they lust for dominion; neither the east nor the west has been able to satisfy them. Alone among men they covet with equal eagerness poverty and riches. To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a wasteland and call it peace (ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant).

ENGINEERING_AN_EMPIRE___Britain__Blood_and_Steel_002.jpg

So why the big speech? Simply put: SLW declare on Deus

Why the declaration? again simply put: boredom..W24 has stagnated, many of the great personalities are gone, [player]Rukoh[/player] being only the latest, in a world known for words the forum has died, fear rather than fun rules many and safety has replaced loyalty (whether to tribe or friends), this world had, and still has many outstanding players but the spirit is slowly dying, the fires are going out...

OmsiFire-300x300.jpg

So we're arming the troops, packing cookies and jaffas for them, bottles of pop too and sending our virtual armies to war...

viking_cow_675025.jpg

oops, gave away the tribe secrets...

Now, what's the funny bit you may ask?

Well, a little deeper reading of this and you'll realise it's sat waiting to be posted for a while, but after reading RS's deceleration I thought I may as well go ahead and send it, lol..we've been fighting a de facto war for last few weeks, but I had intended off loading the guys before going solo at this, or maybe with a few friends...looks like those fires may well be alight still tho, hahahaha, so guess I got that bit wrong...

DeletedUser

Haha opened this thread twice already, I thought it was just more random pics didn't bother to read much. Just noticed this time that we have been declared on, that explains the attacks :D

I may have to put the hyper war back a few weeks.

DeletedUser

But we have an agreement that we would war when it both suited us, you going to break that? Respect?

The agreement looked like it was anytime after 5 days, meaning they can hit DEUS anytime after that. Your either going to have to talk it out with them or chew on it. It's up to them if they now want to pounce on your miscalculation.

Bo-John-bo

But we have an agreement that we would war when it both suited us, you going to break that? Respect?

You should know by now that Boner is the crazy fool that wants to respect tribes and get respected in turn, but I don't see Boner here at the minute :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

You should know by now that Boner is the crazy fool that wants to respect tribes and get respected in turn, but I don't see Boner here at the minute :icon_biggrin:

calling someone like that a fool shows how it's people like you who are bringing the world to ruin. and i don't mean tw world.

DeletedUser44759

Haha opened this thread twice already, I thought it was just more random pics didn't bother to read much. Just noticed this time that we have been declared on, that explains the attacks :D

I may have to put the hyper war back a few weeks.

but what if it hadn't suited hyper, lol, you'd still have done that? C'mon mate we both know that agreement is just an excuse to keep your hands free til you're ready, you sponser grim and want to call honour in, I lol'd for real at thought, in the meanwhile you can bleat away and chew on our response to your attacks on SLW...we've gone into this knowing it may be a deathride, from day tribe was set up it was always on the cards, so there we are, a fraction of your size, even when inactives are deducted, but warring and going down manically laughing, lol...

DeletedUser

but what if it hadn't suited hyper, lol, you'd still have done that? C'mon mate we both know that agreement is just an excuse to keep your hands free til you're ready, you sponser grim and want to call honour in, I lol'd for real at thought, in the meanwhile you can bleat away and chew on our response to your attacks on SLW...we've gone into this knowing it may be a deathride, from day tribe was set up it was always on the cards, so there we are, a fraction of your size, even when inactives are deducted, but warring and going down manically laughing, lol...

this is exactly why people who dont know what they talk about should not interfer between 2 pearson who know what they talk about(for instance,walt and boo)

as you
1-dont make sense
2-make a fool of yourself
3-fail to notice where they are joking/messing
ect ect ect.

As for grim...dude,we all know how he is....he's not in deus,so your lil nowhere comment,plz direct them to him,and not us.

deadsocks

As far as I'm aware, your collective asses have been being nobled for well, a while, now. Since the original desertion of Storm (I hate typing it like that, but this keyboard cannot handle alt codes) you guys have formed unstable tribe after unstable tribe, how's this time gunna be different? :p

DeletedUser

Yes.

DeletedUser

4 out of 5 voices in my head disagree with you :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Side 1:
Tribes: Deus
Side 2:
Tribes: SLW

Timeframe: 19/09/2010 00:00:00 to 22/09/2010 20:31:31

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 86
Side 2: 76
Difference: 10

chart