Nuke Builds and Opinions

DeletedUser

Personally I like the "speed defense" (speers and HC) and ratio for quickest completion with barrick bonus villages as pure archer villages to top them off with. Main reason is you dont keep troops in a village unless its 3+ defensive villages!

Notice the 10 swords and 210 cats: both kept snip timing, the other 200 cats for "fake trains"

===========================================================================
Standard utility nuke = 6407,0,30,2800,300,0,300

A little higher on the rams than alot like but I like to have plenty for fakes/fake trains when needed. The axes and calevry are based on finishing as close to each other for quicker finished nuke, the quicker its finished the quicker its sent:icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

Damage vs stacks is all that really matters when you are talking about mid and backline nukes. HC nukes don't perform that well just on a theoretical basis. In practice, HC nukes tend to be very axe heavy because HC queues are harder to keep up and because of the HC in the nukes being used to supplement defenses. Since stacks are usually stronger vs axe the HC nukes are extra ineffective.

I did mention you notice a difference when your attacking a stack :icon_confused:

They only lose about 100k OS (maybe a bit more, haven't worked the stats out in a bit) compared to an lc/axe nuke. So the only difference you notice is in stacks.

I use the strait on w34 due the fact of being solo and wanting to max def capabilities. Works perfectly fine for me, though I don't use open eye's builds...

DeletedUser

Average troops per player:
10931 5812 10631 5189 1108 4336 507 2354 413 349 1 2

These are the average troops per player in world 47. note, this IS per PLAYER NOT VILLAGE.
This really interested me because according to this, the average player has more population of defense than offense. (roughly 3281 (this math may be slightly off, but y point will be the same) more defense population than offense population, counting cats as both an offense and defense unit, i negated their effect and didn't add them to either side. While scouts are typically used in both manners as well, they were not added to either side also. I ignored the pally again as it can be used for either, the weapon being so important, though 10 pop isn't much. The 2 nobles were counted as offense, amounting to 200 population.)

So, When i hear players talk about their playstyle, it is typically agreed that offense is the way to go and I know a lot of players who play very aggressively and with a great deal of Offensive villages at their disposal. While defense is obviously important, I was simply surprised to find that , with the same 24k population in all the villages, there are actually more defensive villages in this world than offensive villages. Like I said this really surprised me, so I thought to myself HOW COULD THIS BE?

I could only come up with one answer: That offense was used so often that even though players have so many offense villages, their offenses may actually be lower than the amount of population of their total defense. Unfortunately, it also means that if offense is being used, defense is being killed, so this answer definitely has some missing holes in it.

Anyways, this was the best place i could find to put it as it is comparing troop builds. While this isn't exactly a troop build thing, I am curious as to what you guys think about defense: offense village ratios... which do you prefer to have more of? and do you think that the "average" player as made by twstats is just a long ways off. (okay so honestly, the average player has 22.61 villages, which means they obviously aren't a great player at this point in the world. since his troop capacity isn't being close to used at all in any of the villages. they're about 360k pop short of using all 24k slots in 22.61 villages assuming a rather low 3500 population for buildings.) So while the 'average' player is off, it is still worth mentioning that it is the combination of all the players. So while the 'average' is off, all of the accounts with no troops in them at all aren't adding anything but are subtracting a lot. (if that makes sense) So, what do you guys think? does world 47 actually have more defensive units in the better player's villages than they have offense or does twstats simply represent ENOUGH low level turtled in players that it skews the stats? or is there another reason?

Answer my curiousity. :3 please, thanks.
SBS.

DeletedUser

i learnt alot of people like to have swords/archers in the D with Hc, because swords and archers counter act each others weakness ever so slightly more than spears and swords, (personally i use spears not archers, because swords and spears have opposite resources so queues can be done quicker)
so learning this by hearing alot of people say it, i like to have a good amount of MA in my nukes, it really does stun people hard when MA clear out their archers with one nuke.

I can't remember where i learned this but i remember reading about it. and i actually used this build when i was still learning. 10k swords and 10k archers took a long time to build though. this is with 7.2k axes 2.6k lc and 300 ma and 250 rams for the offense

Attacker Units: 0 0 7200 0 0 2600 300 0 250 0 0 0
Losses: 0 0 7200 0 0 2600 300 0 250 0 0 0

Defender Units: 0 10000 0 10000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Losses: 0 5812 0 5812 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

taking out the 300 ma and adding 375 (this fits the 5:4 population ratio) lc results in more losses (about 60 of each troop) to defense.

keeping 1000 lc and converting remain 1.6k to ma gives 1280 ma plus the original 300 ma

Units: 0 0 7200 0 0 1000 1280 0 250 0 0 0
Losses: 0 0 7200 0 0 1000 1280 0 250 0 0 0

Defender Units: 0 10000 0 10000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Losses: 0 5580 0 5580 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

the effectiveness of the ma is really quite questionable imo. Maybe I've gone astray somewhere, but even if someone has the 1425 hours (59.375 days, approx 2 months) for this build, your ma don't seem that useful unless the player built ONLY archers for the first 5weeks (archers take longer to build, i'm estimating 5 weeks, but not positive on this time. It's a very rough estimate), would your ma be useful in this scenario... *shrug*

even converting the remaining lc into ma doesn't help.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

yeah i agree with smelly socks about MA, they are good in small bunches since they dont lower your nuke power by too much, but when it comes to using a large amount they are pretty pointless and waste time, resources and usually the rest of your nuke lol. im not sure what the optimum amount would be in order for a nuke to be most effective, but personally i keep mine at 300 but every now and then i will make a nuke with 400 just for the sake of it and trying it out as i like to try and experiement a lot.

Rudegar

i dont subscribe too much to optimum builds as the baseline is constantly changing, i have a nuke, i hit some D and then rebuild for optimum build time, if casualties are axe heavy, the next time the nuke is full it will likely be cavalry heavy as im not inclined to sacrifice build time to rebuild it "as was" etc, if your actively engaging someone id find it usually more impotrtant to have a nuke ready to fire, it also leaves you with a variety of different builds which may be better suited to different situations, nothing feels better then seeing an exceptionally 1 sided D and finding the perfect nuke to counter it.

I do feel that most of the off builds given here are a lil light on rams, 250 seems less that i usually find effective, especially after sending a reasonable number of fakes. I generally wont build a nuke with under 300, often at this and later stages of the game when much of the action is based around sinking nukes into stacks, knowing perfectly well that it is going to take a large number of nukes to clear a stack having 1 or 2 ram heavy nukes hit first to take the wall down faster can result in far fewer losses in subsequent nukes.

Defense wise i think it best to go for a mix and always maintain what you need where you need it with regards to how you like to play, i tend to build slow D in my backline villages, and fast D in my frontline villages, backline D is spread amongst frontline villages and the frontline D is fast and effective for quick relocation into new villages and for stacking. Ive tried teh H cav in nuke thing before but it never really did it for me, if you find yourself needing to defend with a nuke might as well just snipe from them instead and still have full strength effective nukes which rebuild quick.

DeletedUser92671

i see what your saying sbs,
but personally (dont know about anyone else) i have only ever come across people who use 10K spears + 10K swords,
never 10K archers,
with the addition of 1 - 2K HC, to the defence, and around 6K swords and archers, it seems to work pretty effective (thought this is for my nuke build, which is different to the one you posted above)
i come from W17 and joined W47,
on world 17, theres alot of my enemies using a defence build that i really dislike,
3.5K spears 3.5K swords 3.5K archers 1.5K HC
and my nuke, having a fairly evenly spread axes LC and MA very rarely do i need two nukes to clear a whole defence villa,
so ive adjusted my nuke on that world, to fit my enemies, and ive just transferred over to this world, :)

DeletedUser

Generally the brunt of my nukes even for acher worlds are 7100Axe 3kLC 250rams 20 cats + around 4-500 pop left. Depending on village build. I'm not one of those guys who makes every vill the same! :p

However as several people have said i tailor my nukes to my needs and the tribes. Obviously people go for different def builds so i have different nukes. Won't go into too much detail since I'm about to take part in a world war! :p

Although I will say in regards to def i tend to go a bit over the top on HC. every def vill i have has some HC in it usually around 1k + then the rest is Swords, Spears Archers! Theres no pallies on W44 so tis all good! I like the HC though as its quick and if need be can be used as offence although that is a last resort for me!

DeletedUser

Generally the brunt of my nukes even for acher worlds are 7100Axe 3kLC 250rams 20 cats + around 4-500 pop left. Depending on village build. I'm not one of those guys who makes every vill the same! :p

However as several people have said i tailor my nukes to my needs and the tribes. Obviously people go for different def builds so i have different nukes. Won't go into too much detail since I'm about to take part in a world war! :p

Although I will say in regards to def i tend to go a bit over the top on HC. every def vill i have has some HC in it usually around 1k + then the rest is Swords, Spears Archers! Theres no pallies on W44 so tis all good! I like the HC though as its quick and if need be can be used as offence although that is a last resort for me!

i quite like using the 3k LC back on W39 as it does seem to pack quite a punch in most situations, but 1 thing i never have in my nukes unless at the start of a world is cats, i hardly ever use them and just stick to having rams in my nukes, but is there anyone else who is like rowmaster and likes to have a few cats in their nukes?

DeletedUser

i quite like using the 3k LC back on W39 as it does seem to pack quite a punch in most situations, but 1 thing i never have in my nukes unless at the start of a world is cats, i hardly ever use them and just stick to having rams in my nukes, but is there anyone else who is like rowmaster and likes to have a few cats in their nukes?

I sometimes throw in 20 for catting the rally point. :p

DeletedUser

I sometimes throw in 20 for catting the rally point. :p

Exactly what i use them for! As some people snipe by cancelling last minute so if i manage to destroy the Rally I get a slightly better chance of them not sniping! :)

DeletedUser

On world 37 I made a destruction village which was pretty much a village full of Cats and some Offence which I would slip into my fakes and attack back line villages in a war that I knew were empty.

Never really used it to its full potential though as it took so long to make but when it did work it was very satisfying when your Cata train demolishes a good amount of buildings.

You only really can afford to have a Cata village though when you have allot of points and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone really as its not so much a weapon of attack as just a weapon of creating problems for the enemy. In the end they still have the village albeit with a low Barracks or Farm.

DeletedUser

Exactly what i use them for! As some people snipe by cancelling last minute so if i manage to destroy the Rally I get a slightly better chance of them not sniping! :)

Meh, thats more of a noob snipe attempt. Dosent help against a real sniper

DeletedUser

On world 37 I made a destruction village which was pretty much a village full of Cats and some Offence which I would slip into my fakes and attack back line villages in a war that I knew were empty.

Never really used it to its full potential though as it took so long to make but when it did work it was very satisfying when your Cata train demolishes a good amount of buildings.

You only really can afford to have a Cata village though when you have allot of points and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone really as its not so much a weapon of attack as just a weapon of creating problems for the enemy. In the end they still have the village albeit with a low Barracks or Farm.

Eh I prefer using cats as defense weapons, bonfire <3

As for your size when creating one, for me it depends if I have a workshop bonus village around.

DeletedUser

yeah i have a village full of cats to for my bonfire weapon, it was my first item found, so i made my 2nd villa a cat villa, but every now and then i would use it on the barbs to remodel them in order to try and get higher resource places in those barbs, and it works to a certain extent lol so cats can sometimes have different uses, but they cost loads of time and attention.

DeletedUser

I have 10 cats in my nuke for no clear reason. Maybe they help catting down a farm 1 level when mass nuking someone. It could be a pain after a while.

DeletedUser

5250 Axe
3400 LC
300 Ram

That's usually what I go with, give or take 1k Axes or 250 LC.

EDIT: I don't care what you think, works great for me.

DeletedUser92671

I have 10 cats in my nuke for no clear reason. Maybe they help catting down a farm 1 level when mass nuking someone. It could be a pain after a while.

10 cats, rally point 1 > 0
12 to be safe ;)

i go for 250 rams,
100 cats,
either to help my rams take a stacked vill down to 0 wall quicker, or to knock farm down a level or two :)

DeletedUser

5250 Axe
3400 LC
300 Ram

That's usually what I go with, give or take 1k Axes or 250 LC.

EDIT: I don't care what you think, works great for me.

worked great when i killed your nuke too :p

if you run that into a HC/SP village it is suicide.

DeletedUser

worked great when i killed your nuke too :p

if you run that into a HC/SP village it is suicide.

That last part made no sense, really. The only way you could get a weaker defense is if you were to add a bunch of cats to it(admittedly, that will make it recruit faster). When it comes to a full nuke hitting a full defense behind a wall, the defense wins.