Nuke Builds and Opinions

DeletedUser

My standard villages have for offence; 6000axe, 25scouts, 2650LC, 400MA, 240Rams and 50+-25 cats. It kills troops, barracks and stables complete building within minutes of each other, works well for me.
defence; 7798sp, 1sw, 1000arch, 2025HC. builds fairly quick and barracks and stable finish almost exactly the same time, I just throw the archers in there because I can (I don't actually know the math for it), sword is for timing reasons and this build kills troops.

This is just my basic builds I do roll others when I can be bothered or have a bonus village to make it more viable. someone flame them so I have something to do!

DeletedUser

My standard villages have for offence; 6000axe, 25scouts, 2650LC, 400MA, 240Rams and 50+-25 cats. It kills troops, barracks and stables complete building within minutes of each other, works well for me.
defence; 7798sp, 1sw, 1000arch, 2025HC. builds fairly quick and barracks and stable finish almost exactly the same time, I just throw the archers in there because I can (I don't actually know the math for it), sword is for timing reasons and this build kills troops.

This is just my basic builds I do roll others when I can be bothered or have a bonus village to make it more viable. someone flame them so I have something to do!

your defence comes to 21928 villagers

offence comes to - 21050 villagers

dont see the point in having def vills with 1k sw and 1k archers,

best mix is use a 2 village combo - spears and HC, with a scouting vill of 2500 scouts +15000 archers to top off your def stacks.

offense - 7800 axe, 2600 LC, 300 MA, 300 scouts 250 rams + 40 cats.
219 rams - wall to 0
40 cats to destroy statue or rally point.

21900 villagers -/+ a few, allows for your village to be fully built,

for defence - bonus barracks vills required to get decent production rate,

also have a few solo HC stacks to compliment stacking of vills -

stack should have around 11k sp, 5k HC and 15000 Archers,

sometimes for the hell of it add 2800 cats and the bonfire to ensure total satisfactory defence.

DeletedUser

Just to note my D villages only have 1sw not 1000 which means the pop comes to 20949 and I do run archer villages but I don't stack them that heavy, 15000 is a ridiculously long time to wait, around 50 days to be more accurate. personally I don't have the patience to wait that long for a DV especially at this stage of the game when my villages don't have time to be doing nothing. That is why my main DVs have 1k archers in them to help offset my archer builds in which I don't run as many archers to reduce build times. I'd tell you what the build is but I like to keep some secrets :p.

My offence build finishes 100 hours before yours does. I'd prefer to have my nuke built 5 days earlier than to wait for a slightly better nuke.

DeletedUser

but your off doesnt do that much damage - if you run it in to a 20k def village its going to do sod all except help paint the wall red.

DeletedUser

Well to each their own.

Personally if I were to change anything about your build I'd put in more rams. 219 rams will only get the wall down to 0 if the village is empty, so if you run into a stack you will struggle more in the long run

DeletedUser

your defence comes to 21928 villagers

219 rams - wall to 0

21900 villagers -/+ a few, allows for your village to be fully built

not sure how you want to fully build a vill with 2100 pop. i guess your fully built vill has mines on LV25-26. Also i dont understand why someone would have 300 scouts in a nuke. waste of pop imo, either use it for mines or extra axe. besides as hipo already noted, your nuke is not very balanced in terms of build time.

DeletedUser

Well to each their own.

Personally if I were to change anything about your build I'd put in more rams. 219 rams will only get the wall down to 0 if the village is empty, so if you run into a stack you will struggle more in the long run

thats why i put 250 rams in my off nukes,

@DelToroBravo - scouts are only placed in some of my nukes - these are generally the nukes that are going to hit first - 2nd nukes before nobles only contain 25 scouts,

and all my vills have full res mines - just depends on the level of workshop/market and if i decide to keep the hiding place in the village - which is usually demolished.

generally i'll keep vills built to around 7500-9000 - allowing more troop room - depends on the village location and what build is going to be used in that village...

DeletedUser

best mix is use a 2 village combo - spears and HC, with a scouting vill of 2500 scouts +15000 archers to top off your def stacks.

stack should have around 11k sp, 5k HC and 15000 Archers,
Having that many archers, even with a two village stack, is absolutely not a good idea. MA would rip apart your defense comparatively to a defense using the same pop space with a better balance between spear/archers/HC.

219 rams - wall to 0
Your offense doesn't do as much damage as you think, especially on an archer world. Defenses on archer worlds tend to have higher GD stats because of the archers. So nukes with higher cavalry numbers do better. Not to mention they also recruit faster. It's a win/win.

sometimes for the hell of it add 2800 cats and the bonfire to ensure total satisfactory defence.
Well, thats good for one village...

DeletedUser

i got a question.. what would be the best build for a scout village....?

DeletedUser

Depends on your preference. A lot of people go with a full pop of scouts, which will net you between 10k-11k total. Others will do around 5k scouts and fill the rest in with a balanced mix of defensive units.

DeletedUser

to be fair you generally dont need more than 3-5k of scouts - unless you hit another scouting village,

3-5k scouts is 6-10k of pop - then the rest on def...

DeletedUser

Your offense doesn't do as much damage as you think, especially on an archer world. Defenses on archer worlds tend to have higher GD stats because of the archers. So nukes with higher cavalry numbers do better. Not to mention they also recruit faster. It's a win/win.
but if you have more cav and run it right into a spears/HC village then all the cav dies anyway,

as i said, some of my nukes have higher axemen builds, some have higher cav builds - i have 4-5 variations on nukes that get used depending on what the def in the defending village is...

that one i posted was an example....

DeletedUser

Ill help along with the flaming.

1 Sw is silly, 4 Swords or even 5 is where its at :p

I build 4 of each speed unit... for example in an O village, I try (lazyness dependent) to have 4 swords, et el. I will rarely split a 150ms train with one command, so I tend to split troops and use train snipe method. The 4 swords give a back up if you miss cat speed and after that...you still have spear/lc/hc/pally.

DeletedUser

but if you have more cav and run it right into a spears/HC village then all the cav dies anyway,
What exactly is it that you think HC defends against?

HC defends against general defense, aka axes. So, while hitting an even build of swords and spears means you are hitting a defense with higher general defense, hitting a balanced mix of spear/HC won't be any worse for the nuke considering the fact that defense is significantly weaker overall.

Add to that the fact that it builds a lot faster and the Cav heavy nuke is hands down the best option.

DeletedUser

Ill help along with the flaming.

1 Sw is silly, 4 Swords or even 5 is where its at :p

1 Sw is for pros :p haha but yeah you make a good point, I'm gonna go make that change lol.

DeletedUser

worked great when i killed your nuke too :p

if you run that into a HC/SP village it is suicide.

Lol, what? I don't recall any interaction between us on this world ever,
and of course if you send ANY nuke at ANY full population def village 1 nuke won't be enough to take down all the troops....

so from what I see, your argument is invalid

and lol @ all the people commenting on your posts, probably best not to try and make others look stupid and end up saying dumb things

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Lol, what? I don't recall any interaction between us on this world ever,
and of course if you send ANY nuke at ANY full population def village 1 nuke won't be enough to take down all the troops....

so from what I see, your argument is invalid

and lol @ all the people commenting on your posts, probably best not to try and make others look stupid and end up saying dumb things

but i remember when i send fakes at you and a single nuke - and the single nuke killed one of your offensive nukes - fun times - Thanks For The ODA :)

DeletedUser

but i remember when i send fakes at you and a single nuke - and the single nuke killed one of your offensive nukes - fun times - Thanks For The ODA :)

what does that have to do with anything on this thread? Of course if an offensive group defends it's going to get owned. Honestly I don't get what you're trying to achieve everything you've said so far has no point.... This thread was made in attempt to raise peoples IQ, not lower it.

And also, I had no sitter, and you didn't recieve much ODA, killing axes/LC don't give you very much.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Openeye's stragetegy for offensive hc is primarily for tech worlds, for simple tech its pretty ineffective
For simple tech 20 000 axes + rams is the most effective nuke and 8000 spears + 2000 hc is the most versatile defence because you can shift faster HC between villages.

Rudegar

For simple tech 20 000 axes + rams is the most effective nuke and 8000 spears + 2000 hc is the most versatile defence because you can shift faster HC between villages.

what simulations did you base this on? Spear only Defense?

20k axe takes a ridiculously long time to build and if it meets anything other than 100% spears is royally screwed, i hope you are geographically close to me ingame.

using your own theories, and assuming you can stack the H Cav from 2 villages with the spears from 1 village, and attack solo no rams and no walls, 20k axe dies Vs 8k spear and 4k H Cav, but substituting the nuke for 10k axe and 2.5k L Cav you do about the same damage, and halve your build time.

basically the ability of H cav to be the fastest D troop and hence be avaliable to stack more readily tends to encourage strong anti infantry defenses, which completely undermines the point of ridiculously axe heavy nuke builds.