Nukes

I've been playing this for a while now and this is going to look silly but what are nuke attacks? I think I've worked it out but I want to be sure. There's a lot of terminology used by experienced players in the game which us noobs go along with but don't really understand.

Can anyone help please? Sorry if this has been asked before but I did a search and nothing came up - must be so basic that everyone should know :icon_redface:.

kingjohan

I've been playing this for a while now and this is going to look silly but what are nuke attacks? I think I've worked it out but I want to be sure. There's a lot of terminology used by experienced players in the game which us noobs go along with but don't really understand.

Can anyone help please? Sorry if this has been asked before but I did a search and nothing came up - must be so basic that everyone should know :icon_redface:.
The best nuke imo is:

270 rams- bringing down the wall
7 cats- bringing down the rallypoint
500 MA- to take the archers.
2000 LC´s- to kill the spears
rest= axes. usually goes up to 7-8K depending on your vill pt.- taking the swords ;)

Also, my superunit: Noble killer. the noble doesn´t stand a chanse :icon_cool:

gman1994

The best nuke imo is:

270 rams- bringing down the wall
7 cats- bringing down the rallypoint
500 MA- to take the archers.
2000 LC´s- to kill the spears
rest= axes. usually goes up to 7-8K depending on your vill pt.- taking the swords ;)

Also, my superunit: Noble killer. the noble doesn´t stand a chanse :icon_cool:
Btw, You kinda told him what kills what wrong.

LC's kill swords.
Axes kill spears.

270 Rams is good early on in a world but after a while you will need to increase rams for when people defend with more then one villages worth of troops.

Everyone Has A Weakness

270 Rams is good early on in a world but after a while you will need to increase rams for when people defend with more then one villages worth of troops.
219 is all that is needed. i personally use 250

for later world game play, you still dont need more. you only need a couple villages to have more rams for the walls, not all your normal nukes.

gman1994

Well theres many different nuke build, a nuke is always personal preference :)

Everyone Has A Weakness

true, but it sounded like you were implying that all the nukes in late game would require a lot of rams whereas you would only need a couple wall-buster nukes.

mattcurr

Well theres many different nuke build, a nuke is always personal preference :)
Not really late game the intelligent thing to do is make 10 lop sided builds. So you are prepared to take down any person you may come across, because as you exemplify everyone has a preference and normally they do not have well set up defensive builds.

great khan 93

about the rams...

i think rams suck, but everybody has told me differently. i just use 1000 or so catapults because they have decent attack and strong defence, especially with the paladin weapon alethia's bonfire, which increases the defense 10 fold, or 10x. they can also attack any building there is. i think Rams are useless because they have no attack strength and no defense strength, so they are just a waste of population if you are only going to use them to take down the wall. but it is an opinion, because nobody agrees with me, but all of those who disagree are nobled, and i am still in.

Last edited:

pyker42

about the rams...

i think rams suck, but everybody has told me differently. i just use 1000 or so catapults because they have decent attack and strong defence, especially with the paladin weapon alethia's bonfire, which increases the defense 10 fold, or 10x. they can also attack any building there is. i think Rams are useless because they have no attack strength and no defense strength, so they are just a waste of population if you are only going to use them to take down the wall. but it is an opinion, because nobody agrees with me, but all of those who disagree are nobled, and i am still in.
Rams sole purpose is to take down walls. Further, using rams in numbers greater than 213 in a single attack halves the wall bonus which means your attakers kill more troops. Cats don't do that. I've posted a simulation in another thread that shows using rams vs cats will save you a full nuke against a full defensive village.

capibarbaroja

219 is all that is needed. i personally use 250

for later world game play, you still dont need more. you only need a couple villages to have more rams for the walls, not all your normal nukes.
Nop, all you need is 213. I have Rams vs wall formulas, and I could actually proove this ^^

capibarbaroja

213 halves the wall bonus. 219 takes the wall from level 20 to level 0 with no defenders in the village.
Yup ;)

With having more than 213 rams, you will only take the wall level at the end of the battle more down, but with stacked villages this doesn't help much, so stick to 213 :icon_wink:

pyker42

Yup ;)

With having more than 213 rams, you will only take the wall level at the end of the battle more down, but with stacked villages this doesn't help much, so stick to 213 :icon_wink:
Depends on how many you use and how stacked the village is. I prefer 250 in my regular nukes as it does make a difference in clearing lightly defended villages (i.e., villages with only one or two d villas worth in them). I will also use bunker busters with 1000 rams as a first and sometimes second strike against heavily stacked villages. It pays off in the end with the later nukes having less of a wall to deal with, thus killing more defenders.

capibarbaroja

Depends on how many you use and how stacked the village is. I prefer 250 in my regular nukes as it does make a difference in clearing lightly defended villages (i.e., villages with only one or two d villas worth in them). I will also use bunker busters with 1000 rams as a first and sometimes second strike against heavily stacked villages. It pays off in the end with the later nukes having less of a wall to deal with, thus killing more defenders.
Yeh, but since farm will always be limitting your amount of troops, it will kinda be a bit silly sending 1000 rams(5000 farm space), and then having lots of less space for attacking units, and thus making the loss ratio higher, and thus making the levels the wall is taken down less :icon_sad:

pyker42

Yeh, but since farm will always be limitting your amount of troops, it will kinda be a bit silly sending 1000 rams(5000 farm space), and then having lots of less space for attacking units, and thus making the loss ratio higher, and thus making the levels the wall is taken down less :icon_sad:
You obviously haven't played with the simulator, have you. :icon_wink:

The results of a 20k nuke hitting a 60k stacked village with your ram count:
[spoil]Attacker Units: 0 0 6935 0 0 3000 0 0 213 0 0 0
Losses: 0 0 6935 0 0 3000 0 0 213 0 0 0

Defender Units: 20000 20000 0 20000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Losses: 2061 2061 0 2061 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Damage by rams: The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 20 to level 19 [/spoil]

Now, with a 1000 ram nuke:
[spoil]Attacker Units: 0 0 11000 0 0 1000 0 0 1000 0 0 0
Losses: 0 0 11000 0 0 1000 0 0 1000 0 0 0

Losses: 1514 1514 0 1514 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Damage by rams: The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 20 to level 17[/spoil]

I don't know about you, but I'll take the roughly 1650 less defenders lost for the extra two levels of wall taken down. And, don't forget, this is without a pally. :icon_wink:

capibarbaroja

[spoil]
Attacker Units: 0 0 0 0 0 0 4000 0 213 0 0 0
Losses: 0 0 0 0 0 0 4000 0 213 0 0 0
Losses: 2603 2603 0 2603 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Damage by rams: The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 20 to level 19
[/spoil]

But maybe two levels more is worth it?

sacredfool

I actually use 300 rams. On the old worl combat system 300 rams is more effective in clearing 20k/20k stacks then anything around 213 rams.

servy

[spoil]
Attacker Units: 0 0 0 0 0 0 4000 0 213 0 0 0
Losses: 0 0 0 0 0 0 4000 0 213 0 0 0
Losses: 2603 2603 0 2603 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Damage by rams: The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 20 to level 19
[/spoil]

But maybe two levels more is worth it?
You use a pure LC nuke against a defense that is weakest against cavalry, therefore skewing the results. If you used pure LC and 300 rams or however many you want to compare it with against the same defense then that's slightly different but in general building so many LC and no axes is not practical and thus greatly reduces your arguments validity further.