Obey - Divide and Conquer Champions of the world written by Nest

One Last Ride

Skilled Soldier 2017
Reaction score
Al is like a monkey on a tight rope. He may not get across but he sure is amazing to watch.

Hektik

Forum Personality 2019
Reaction score
Al doing his thing on W96

WideeyedDeadDamselfly-max-1mb.gif

DeletedUser116879

Al is like a monkey on a tight rope. He may not get across but he sure is amazing to watch.

Al is like that special kid in every classroom. He annoys the hell out of you and does dumb shit but you know he does not know any better so you don't get mad at him.

Michael Corleone.

i now question what trex does in his free time with monkeys and ropes.

DeletedUser117534

37898c5a31b29f656e1786fbd5995c48.png

Because ^
Sweatheart those accounts were part of Obey from week 2. They are Jaspers friends for who I didn't have a spot when we we started. I have rejected 50 applications at least knowing that I promised those 4 accounts a spot. One of the reasons why I told Jake
I couldn't have put it better myself.

I have been limiting my presence on externals on W96 while duking but I am not any longer so I can spare few moments this comment that is due.

IMG_4982.png

I looked at the notifications today and I was puzzled, if that is not obsession I don’t know how to call it. I know I am very attractive on my Skype profile but I bet Al does not love me for my beard but for my good heart and light writing ;)

The truth is; the obsession is not fuelled by love but quite the opposite. Al is very bitter after posts I made about his premade from W90 and he is still upset for not winning that world despite being the favourite to do it. Now he is serving me my own medicine trolling me and my tribe until OBEY fails just like TEA did.

Al there are issues with your tactic. First of all OBEY is not going to fail. I might be out but the tribe is in great shape and good hands. With Darren gone it must be pure pleasure leading such great bunch of people. I miss our skype chat with 100 players in it. Everyone is active, people bonded over the months, they trust each other and are hungry of a challenge this world is to give them yet.

Secondly your trolling sounds like you are trying to burp while having hiccups. It is neither pleasant nor helpful to your condition. Generally you post few words that are not adding anything to the discussions; they are lazy phrases worth of a 10 year old internet troll (sorry to any 10 year olds I offended). If you don’t play seriously on W96 at least make an effort and post something more than a burp. Do some research, find some facts, make externals and trolling fun for others not just your sour soul.
Unless I am wrong and you are having fun with your hickups and all you will do is reply to this message with ‘another of Nest’s irrelevant BS’

At least with this post here you made some effort and it actually came out funny and I like it even if I don’t agree with it. I can tell you what I think the differences between TEA and Obey are and you can respond to that.

Obey and TEA were both premades but they had different member base. I started rostering 2 months between we joined and added every player very carefully, I avoided some toxic individuals and made sure to have all accounts co played before we joined. I spent 2 days organising deployment and everyone got the location I planned in advance by use or relocation items. We joined the word with 26 accounts and 72 players. I made the extra effort in rostering so the tribe doesn’t have to recruit many players in game and so we could focus on strengthening bonds of existing players instead of constantly changing our lineup. As I remember TEA had much smaller roster, they recruited players as necessity from every tribe they fought. First from Fruit (Balian and few others), then Jager (Incoming Impact and others), WET (Dread Doctors), 2HARD (HardNutz, Kirk’s tribe (TheBigGinge) and then your family tribe on the rim. I am not saying it was wrong, just a different tactic, you had much faster gain in territory always looking for options to recruit from enemies. In contrast OBEY under my command had not recruited a single account from tribes we were fighting. I have recruited Sasu, Aak and Red Cup but that was not from a tribe we were at war with. I saw an opportunity in the backstab Legion and Jedi tried to pull off on Tip and after talking to Sasu I decided we will thake them on board hoping to break the Triforce without the need to even fight them.
From week 2 Obey was facing a coalition of small tribes in K55 (11 tribes against us) do you know how many players offered to spy for me, how many wanted to join Obey (including some of the dukes). I told them all the same thing and it was NO! After Legion collapsed I had room for 7 accounts, I could have recruited entire core against Escape with so many players asking me to recruit them but I refused to all of them and instead we stayed focused on nobling them. Duke of SBAD got tempted by such offers and he recruited 5 from Legion against our agreement. It is so easy to recruit and merge, much harder to stay patient, noble and fight as we always intend to choose the easiest option. This recruitment has costed SBAD our NAP. Again when after 34 of our attacks SBAD imploded I received messages from 10-12 accounts seeking recruitment. Not one was recruited, I told Escape, Wet, Bujok and Vape not to recruit any of them under the threat of War if they did.
Al ask yourself is that how TEA would have played if they were in Obey shoes? I think you would have recruited them all adding them to your family tribe. Do you see Obey having a family tribe?

Now you are accusing Obey of mass recruitment. As I said before those 4 accounts including Superdog were part of OBEY for 2 months, we had a skype chat with them and our entire northern group, working on clearing out the rim and making sure we have a good solid front with Escape. I sent few circs mentioning to entire tribe that those accounts were part of Obey and I would not recruit anyone before they join us. I kept my word. On my departure we lost El Capitan and two accounts were merging so we decided now it was the time to bring those accounts over. And you see it as mass recruiting move? When I said 'you know nothing Jon Snow' I was referring to people and you Al talking about things that you have no idea.

Recruiting from DS was as you said a Divide and Conquer move. I don’t know the details as I wasn't in the tri e at the time but that is how it looks from the outside perspective. I know when I was leaving we planned to attack DS. From strategic point of view that recruitment was a very smart move and it is nothing what any other tribe would not do. We are surrounded by enemies and strengthening our position on the rim was vital. I am sure our opponents don’t like it as it reduces pressure they could put on us through DS. WET is not yet in position to fight us so it leaves Escape/Defy vs OBEY.

I hope Obey will get the big war we were all hoping for. I am very glad externals are finally alive, we have so many good players in both sides of the conflict I hope we won't be disappointed with some low blows.

I will keep looking at what's happening on externals as my heart will always be with my tribe. I hope I can come back sometime in February to at least help on one of accounts and enjoy that war. Time will show if I can handle tribal wars in my life again.

P.S.
Al, Trex, Jake – would be fun to play in one tribe one day, I might sound sour towards you at times but you know it is nothing personal, just the way it is on the externals when we play in opposite teams. Sorry for scrambled post but I write it over my lunch break.

Last edited by a moderator:

One Last Ride

Skilled Soldier 2017
Reaction score
Sweatheart those accounts were part of Obey from week 2. They are Jaspers friends for who I didn't have a spot when we we started. I have rejected 50 applications at least knowing that I promised those 4 accounts a spot. One of the reasons why I told Jake

I have been limiting my presence on externals on W96 while Duking but I am not any longer so I can spare few moments on some comments that are due.

IMG_4982.png

I looked at the notifications today and I was shocked, if that is not obsession I don’t know how to call it. I know I am very attractive on my Skype profile but I bet Al does not love me for my beard but for my good heart and light writing.

The truth is; the obsession is not fuelled by love but quite the opposite. Al is very bitter about posts I made about his premade from W90 and he is still upset for not winning that world despite being the favourite to do it. Now he can serve me my own medicine and troll me and my tribe until Obey fails.

Al there are issues with your tactic. First of all OBEY is not going to fail. I might be out but the tribe is in great hands and the member base is rock solid. With Darren gone it must be pure pleasure leading such great bunch of players. Everyone is active, people bonded over the months, they trust each other and are hungry of a challenge this world is to give them.

Secondly your trolling sounds like you are trying to burp while having hiccups attack. It is neither pleasant nor helpful to your condition. Generally you post few words that are not adding anything to the discussions; they are lazy phrases worth of a 10 year old internet troll. If you don’t play seriously on W96 at least you should have the time to make an effort and post something more than a burp. Do some research, post some facts, make externals and trolling fun. Unless you are having fun and all you will reply to this is message is ‘another of Nest’s BS’

At least with this post you made an effort to replace TEA with Obey and it actually came out funny and I like it even if I don’t agree with half of it. I can tell you what I think the differences between TEA and Obey are and you can respond to that.

Obey and TEA wee premades but they had different member base. I started rostering 2 months between we joined and added every player very carefully, I avoided some toxic individuals and made sure to have all accounts co played. We joined the word with 26 accounts and 72 players. I made the extra effort in rostering so the tribe doesn’t have to recruit many players in game and so we could focus on nobling instead. As I remember TEA had much smaller roster, they recruited players as necessity from every tribe they fought. First from Fruit (Balian and few others), then Jager (Incoming Impact and others), WET (Dread Doctors), 2HARD (HardNutz, Kirk’s tribe (TheBigGinge) and then your family tribe on the rim. I am not saying it was wrong, just a different tactic, you had much faster gain in territory always looking for options to recruit from enemies. In contrast OBEY under my command had not recruited a single account from tribes we were fighting. I have recruited Sasu, Aak and Red Cup but that was not from a tribe we were fighting, I saw opportunity in backstab move Legion and Jedi tried to pull off on Tip and after talking to Sasu I decided we will add them on. From week 2 Obey was facing a coalition of small tribes in K55, do you know how many players offered to spy for me, how many wanted to join Obey including some dukes from those tribes. I told them all the same thing and it was No. After Legion collapsed I had room for 7 accounts, I could have recruited entire core against Escape with so many players knocking my door but I didn’t. We stayed focused on nobling. Duke of SBAD got tempted and he recruited 5 from Legion against our agreement. He should have nobled them out together with Obey and Vape as we agreed but he couldn’t resist the temptation. You see it is easy to recruit and merge, much harder to stay patient and noble. Anyway this recruitment has costed SBAD our NAP. Again when after 34 hours SBAD imploded I received messages from 10-12 accounts seeking recruitment. Not one was recruited, I told Escape, Wet, Bujok and Vape not to recruit any of them threatening War if they did. Al ask yourself is that how TEA would play that out? I think you would recruit them all adding them to your family tribe?

Now you are accusing Obey of mass recruitment. As I said before those 4 accounts including Superdog were part of OBEY for 2 months, we had northern skype chat with them working on clearing out the rim and making sure we have a good solid front with Escape. I sent few circs mentioning to entire tribe that those accounts were part of Obey and I will not recruit anyone before they join us. On my departure we lost El Capitan and two accounts were merging so we decided now it is the time to bring them over

Recruiting from DS is as you said Divide and Conquer move. I don’t know the details but that is how it looks from the outside perspective. I know when I was leaving we planned to attack DS. But is that recruitment anything that bad to do? is it anything that any other tribe would not do? We are surrounded by enemies and strengthening our position on the rim is a good move. I am sure our opponents don’t like it as it reduces pressure they could put on us through DS. WET is not yet in position to fight us so it leaves Escape/Defy vs OBEY. I hope Obey will get the big war we were all hoping for. I am very glad externals are finally alive. I will keep looking as my heart will always be with my tribe. I hope I can come back sometime in February to at least help on one of accounts and enjoy that war. Time will show if I can handle tribal wars in my life again.

P.S.
Al, Trex, Jake – would be fun to play in one tribe one day, I might sound sour towards you at times but you know it is nothing personal, just the way it is on the externals when we play in opposite teams. Sorry for scrambled post but I write it over my lunch break.
TEA was honestly thrown together in the span of 1-2 weeks. No planning, I am happy with how it turned out had fun and met some interesting people. Shame it took the course it did, but that is how the cookie crumbles.

Last edited:

DeletedUser121288

I miss our skype chat with 100 players in it. Everyone is active, people bonded over the months, they trust each other and are hungry of a challenge this world is to give them yet.

In contrast OBEY under my command had not recruited a single account from tribes we were fighting. I have recruited Sasu, Aak and Red Cup but that was not from a tribe we were at war with. I saw an opportunity in the backstab Legion and Jedi tried to pull off on Tip and after talking to Sasu I decided we will thake them on board hoping to break the Triforce without the need to even fight them.

From week 2 Obey was facing a coalition of small tribes in K55 (11 tribes against us) do you know how many players offered to spy for me, how many wanted to join Obey (including some of the dukes). I told them all the same thing and it was NO!

Recruiting from DS was as you said a Divide and Conquer move. I don’t know the details as I wasn't in the tri e at the time but that is how it looks from the outside perspective. I know when I was leaving we planned to attack DS. From strategic point of view that recruitment was a very smart move and it is nothing what any other tribe would not do. We are surrounded by enemies and strengthening our position on the rim was vital. I am sure our opponents don’t like it as it reduces pressure they could put on us through DS. WET is not yet in position to fight us so it leaves Escape/Defy vs OBEY.

I hope Obey will get the big war we were all hoping for.
I'm not sure if it's my place to post here, as I am not playing 96 myself, but I am genuinely interested in how this world is developping. First of all, good job on putting together such a high quality tribe, it's impressive to say the least!

The thing I as an outsider don't really understand and would like you to clarify if possible is this sort of discrepancy between Obey on the one side being hungry for a challenge and hoping for a big war, but on the other side doing stuff like divide and conquer moves with DS and deciding to break the first triforce without the need to even fight them. In other words, it seems like you guys are preventing that exact challenge you crave and/or make it less challengeing. I mean, as people said earlier on, metaphorically speaking Obey is like the AFL team and the rest are college teams, and as often said at the start of the world the only way to make it a fair and interesting fight is for everyone else to team up (something especially people from Obey used to say in response to everyone else complaining about the huge difference in tribe strength), but now Obey itself seems to have broken 1 coalition before even fighting it, and ended up weakening another one o_O
Of course, the tactics and all that are completely legitimate and smart, but I just find it interesting how you say Obey wants an interesting challenge, yet the choices of the tribe seem to destroy or diminish any real challenges? I mean, how does that work o.o

And let's be honest here too now, the current "big war" at least from the outside does not look really like a challenge for Obey, and as much noise as WET/Escape make now the odds seem to be massively against them. Sure the points of both sides might be equal or even slightly favor the coalition, but the much more important factors of skills and experience seem to be massively in favour of Vape/Obey, not to mention Obey has like "15 world winning leaders" and have been bonding for 2 months before the world even started. I think it's this inbalance of the war, and that the coalition really needed VAPE (and DS) to make the odds for winning the war closer to 50-50 that are the cause of the externals blowing up now.

Just felt like posting this, don't hate me now plzzz :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser117534

We didn't break the coalition, they fell apart without any help. It was an early startup and we knew the real opposition would emerge later on. As you can see best players from Jedi and Legion are still there under different and better leadership.
To be honest if then Triforce attacked us with Escape and SBAD we would be done. With out spread and offensive approach we were very vurnable. Don't overestimate our abilities over simple mathematics. We can't magically generate def troops, we were very careful and working hard not too overextend ourselves to survive the startup when we could finally relax a bit more.
I had mixed feelings recruiting those 3 accounts because of the reasons you pointed out. It's complicated what happened , I could spent 2 hours explaining my reasons, dont feel like telling the story again .

DeletedUser120518

OBEY wants a challenge but wants the world to be over when w100 start at the same time :p

DeletedUser120160

I'm not sure if it's my place to post here, as I am not playing 96 myself, but I am genuinely interested in how this world is developping. First of all, good job on putting together such a high quality tribe, it's impressive to say the least!

The thing I as an outsider don't really understand and would like you to clarify if possible is this sort of discrepancy between Obey on the one side being hungry for a challenge and hoping for a big war, but on the other side doing stuff like divide and conquer moves with DS and deciding to break the first triforce without the need to even fight them. In other words, it seems like you guys are preventing that exact challenge you crave and/or make it less challengeing. I mean, as people said earlier on, metaphorically speaking Obey is like the AFL team and the rest are college teams, and as often said at the start of the world the only way to make it a fair and interesting fight is for everyone else to team up (something especially people from Obey used to say in response to everyone else complaining about the huge difference in tribe strength), but now Obey itself seems to have broken 1 coalition before even fighting it, and ended up weakening another one o_O
Of course, the tactics and all that are completely legitimate and smart, but I just find it interesting how you say Obey wants an interesting challenge, yet the choices of the tribe seem to destroy or diminish any real challenges? I mean, how does that work o.o

And let's be honest here too now, the current "big war" at least from the outside does not look really like a challenge for Obey, and as much noise as WET/Escape make now the odds seem to be massively against them. Sure the points of both sides might be equal or even slightly favor the coalition, but the much more important factors of skills and experience seem to be massively in favour of Vape/Obey, not to mention Obey has like "15 world winning leaders" and have been bonding for 2 months before the world even started. I think it's this inbalance of the war, and that the coalition really needed VAPE (and DS) to make the odds for winning the war closer to 50-50 that are the cause of the externals blowing up now.

Just felt like posting this, don't hate me now plzzz :oops:

This is precisely the point I have been trying to make in my many convoluted posts. If OBEY have the world winners and the comraderie with each other, and want this tribe to be remembered as something great, then with the position they have it surprises me they even have alliances at all, let alone trying to break tribes from the inside to make the world even easier.

This is why I say we are still the underdogs despite points seeming even (also calling us the underdog keeps people playing harder).

Vape are getting hate because IMO they b****ed out and joined the huge favourite, even though it is guaranteed that in the long run only about 4 of them will ever get into Obey and the rest would be fodder.

DeletedUser

Atmos does have a point. I believe Flowerpower was the Duke of DS not him.

wikkiddeath1 vs atmospherecf

Looks like we have another drama battle in here fellows. I say atmosphere destroys wikkiddeath.. maybe 9 out of 10 times..

Deleted User - 10017355

He definitely wins the drama battle! He'd win a skill battle too, shame he loves to drag his reputation through the dirt by hanging his tribes out to dry (referring to tribes he councils not just dukes; just like [-DS-] this world).