ODA- Good or Bad?

DeletedUser

May I just say that you have been gifted a talent of explaining complicated things that I and, I am sure, other people could never type/get out of their mouth. Might be a little more careful on the numbers though, 150,000 excess resources a day is quite lot when you only need 100,000.

He does it quite often. Practice makes perfect.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Yes, but that should be cleared with axes, while your lc (or most of them) are out farming. Am I right?

Axes are certainly more expendable than lc are, but I still wouldn't needlessly throw them away, they may not be all that useful at farming, but the more axes you have to send with your nuke when nobling the less lc you lose when nobling due to having an overall stronger nuke and losing a lower percentage of your total offense.

hanibalii

But if it contributes enough to more farms and resources, then surely it's worth it..?

DeletedUser

I guess it depends on how much it pays out in the long-run and how much it will cost. I suppose it's more of a case of having a timescale of how long it will take to replace any losses.

If you can get someone else to do it, which they might, it's all for the better, especially when start-up is about efficiency as much as activity.

DeletedUser

For me, for example. I have about 7 players in my 15x15 that are actively farming. I will clear them. That is useful as you can convert them into farms. Tat is where oda is good. To just attack players for the hell of it is just a poor use of troops.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
For me, for example. I have about 7 players in my 15x15 that are actively farming. I will clear them. That is useful as you can convert them into farms. Tat is where oda is good. To just attack players for the hell of it is just a poor use of troops.

No, that's more an example of bad ODA.

Firstly the players that farm make the best noble targets, in part because they grow faster than the other people in the area, and also because they are typically mostly offense which makes them ideal noble target candidates.

Farming competition is much better dealt with simply by farming more efficiently to limit how much res they can get when they attempt to farm.

Trying to clear 7 active players is almost certain to either cost you a lot of troops, or more likely than not, get you backtimed and cleared.

DeletedUser

Firstly the players that farm make the best noble targets, in part because they grow faster than the other people in the area, and also because they are typically mostly offense which makes them ideal noble target candidates.

Farming competition is much better dealt with simply by farming more efficiently to limit how much res they can get when they attempt to farm.

Trying to clear 7 active players is almost certain to either cost you a lot of troops, or more likely than not, get you backtimed and cleared.

All of what you said is valid, but unless I am playing a church world, I am going to want to noble a little bit away from my 7x7, in order to maintain strong farming in both of my villages. In this case as well though, none of these players are particularly intimidating.

DeletedUser104334

ODA always look good. BUT before you have nobles, it is senseless to have a high ODA score imo.
What counts is that you can remain on the world for a long time and then you have enough time to bash the hell out of some noobs.

blablablablablabla

ODA always look good. BUT before you have nobles, it is senseless to have a high ODA score imo.
What counts is that you can remain on the world for a long time and then you have enough time to bash the hell out of some noobs.

Some noobs? Don't you mean all noobs and most average players?

DeletedUser

that is only valid if you can outgrow everyone else near you and get noblemen before any of them do...

All of what you said is valid, but unless I am playing a church world, I am going to want to noble a little bit away from my 7x7, in order to maintain strong farming in both of my villages. In this case as well though, none of these players are particularly intimidating.

close 2nd village has it's benefits:
1) if 2nd village is defensive, in the long run it makes it much easier to defend your main village
2) share the resources via market very fast without wasting any time

DeletedUser

close 2nd village has it's benefits:
1) if 2nd village is defensive, in the long run it makes it much easier to defend your main village
2) share the resources via market very fast without wasting any time

True but If I am in a non threatening area I will set up two villages that are a ways apart (not a ton, like 1h pally speed) and just farm with both, thus growing both villas faster because of better farming with both.