Odd observation

DeletedUser100646

Externals are so inactive there's 10000 threads and 650000 posts on how inactive they are on every one of the nationals.

You get plenty of peeps playing multiple worlds but if they're competitive they want to compete, if you're doing well on one world, the time investment to farm on a whole new world is something few people can afford.

I see very little wrong with pp purchases/buffs. Hated it at first..for one thing, if you play one world and do well you have an automatic bonus on the next world you play, with flags & pp sales/wins, but tbh anybody can make an acc on an old world to help themselves catchup if they don't have the cash or the will to spend it... and the amount you'd need tospend tomake it actually p2w is just unrealistic. And everybody benefits fromit anyway, pointwhores are able to pointwhore even better to build villas for you to take...etcetc

1.5*0.66 =1

xeladragn

Externals are so inactive there's 10000 threads and 650000 posts on how inactive they are on every one of the nationals.

You get plenty of peeps playing multiple worlds but if they're competitive they want to compete, if you're doing well on one world, the time investment to farm on a whole new world is something few people can afford.

I see very little wrong with pp purchases/buffs. Hated it at first..for one thing, if you play one world and do well you have an automatic bonus on the next world you play, with flags & pp sales/wins, but tbh anybody can make an acc on an old world to help themselves catchup if they don't have the cash or the will to spend it... and the amount you'd need tospend tomake it actually p2w is just unrealistic. And everybody benefits fromit anyway, pointwhores are able to pointwhore even better to build villas for you to take...etcetc

1.5*0.66 =1

The problem is when you get 2 people of similar skill level in a close area and one has the financial means to dump a couple hundred dollars into it the other has no chance of beating him if he can't do the same.

DeletedUser

Yes and 1.5*1.0=1.5 so its still a slower move speed.

As for the P2W model, its not that i think it is a bad thing, it is just IMO a bad thing in TW. If I pay for an item in an MMORPG it does not effect anything or anyone else (aside from shifting the economy just a tad bit). But in games like this it 100% effects the people around you. Being able to spend an outside currency to increase the rate at which you develop can have a bigger impact than you think. Now obviously since nothing ever goes perfectly in Tribalwars it may get lost in the haze but the idea that I can outgrow you because I spend more money throws the idea of competition out the window. Which is the main reason I play this game.

And as for you fourth base, if you like dead forums then keep up that attitude, cause it will ensure it stays dead.

DeletedUser100646

The problem is when you get 2 people of similar skill level in a close area and one has the financial means to dump a couple hundred dollars into it the other has no chance of beating him if he can't do the same.

Thought I addressed that, pp trades done on other pp worlds can mitigate that. but..us15 for instance, sold some 4k pp of res in the first couple of weeks and still had the account at #2 starting a few days late.

To my mind, p2w offers people who actually work a chance to mitigate some of the advantage given to those who can afford to farm all day, the app & fa go some way towards that, but at the same time reduce the value of time investment.

Tools like twfr and script farming have been around for a long time tho, and they have nothing to do with skill.atleast, certainly not to do with skill internal to the game. If you want to reduce a game to skill alone everybody has to have the same tools to work with, Everybody can engage in pp trading, those that don't through some misplaced idealism are just shooting themselves in the foot.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

And while scanning through the w75 discussion thread, it seems that not only has the player base gotten smaller over the years, but its also gotten worse. What is this crap about "everybody" wanting limited/no haul worlds. Those worlds are awful, boring and lack early game strategy and competition.

The reason I came back for this world was because with the .66 unit speed it puts less emphasis on farming but it is still a very effective means of income.

I beg to differ with you. No haul worlds are quite exciting, since you can almost have nobles in the second week or so. And it has a strategy component alright. The way you build your village is essential (OMG, that was sooo deep). The guys who fail to thrive are the ones who didn't do their homework correctly and didn't calculate the best possible way to grow the village.

IMO, it's an interesting setting.

DeletedUser

I beg to differ with you. No haul worlds are quite exciting, since you can almost have nobles in the second week or so. And it has a strategy component alright. The way you build your village is essential (OMG, that was sooo deep). The guys who fail to thrive are the ones who didn't do their homework correctly and didn't calculate the best possible way to grow the village.

IMO, it's an interesting setting.

Alright I will concede that there is still strategy. Its just the strategy is strictly limited to village build order, and attacking/defending. Both however are also part of normal settings but with the addition of all the strategic implications and research that comes with being able to farm/being able to farm a lot.

Thats what i mean when i say worse. The players that were posting seem to be pissed off because the "easier" (aka less strategy total) settings were not implemented on w75.

EDIT. Also wanted to include that with no haul settings, clearing players around you is a complete waste of time and effort. Thats the best part of tribal wars imo. Being able to decide...well if i clear this player i can try to turn him into a farm but that may bring the aggression of him and his tribe/friends. So is it worth the lost troops and potential incomings to gain that village/player as a farm? This is not seen in no haul worlds, the only reason you would have to clear people would be to eliminate threats, but i have never seen that to be a viable reason to risk your own development, especially early on.

To each his own, but thats where that previous post came from.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

There's a very simple reason for why I personally don't post, I can't speak for other people who just read but I will for myself. There seems to be an abundance of poor posters (and players) here. If I were to put any effort into posting I'd feel obliged to point out other's inadequacies, and quite frankly I don't have the time nor any obligation to do that. Essentially posting would be a headache, because other posters don't make it an intelligent enough platform for me to invest any effort into it. If I put something in here, I want to feel like I am receiving quality entertainment or discussion as a reward.

I agree with you a lot here, on the fact that there is an incredible amount of useless and pointless posts. I'm not gonna lie, I'm quite big on posting in externals, both in real conversation and active arguments in the discussions of tribes, players, account and how they're ran but also on the other end I'm quite kick back and muck around, simply to try keep them active. I am more than willing to bring up conversations or interesting threads. I do plan to more frequently post about tribes or players and my analysis of them in great extent. I'm also looking forward to waring or big movements happen so I have the opportunity to do some PnP's and make the forums interesting. If you're willing, post around in the forums, make some valid and comments that challenge people and I will most definitely get involved and participate in proper discussion.