Odd observation

DeletedUser115442

It seems like everytime I come to check the forums there are more players viewing world 75 than others... yet this forum is dead-er than a horse beat multiple times after its death...
Why is that? Why are people just sitting there reading through and not contributing?!!!?
:villagers::villagers::villagers::villagers::villagers::villagers::villagers::villagers::villagers::villagers::villagers::villagers:

DeletedUser100646

Probably scared of somebody noticing they exist till they feel comfortable with their position, that and you have to go to all the effort of making a forum account to post on teh externals.

DeletedUser100646

So far they're not rly any dumber than those starting other worlds. Besides, if ppl think that,they're as often as not inclined to say so, no?

DeletedUser

"Wow, this threads are as dumb as hell! I'll keep on reading.."

Nahh, they're just :

michael-jackson-popcorn-meme-generator-i-m-just-here-for-the-comments-c841e0.gif

DeletedUser99081

Roses are red...
Violets are blue....

The W75 forums suck....
I like bacon....

Wait..... Well... I'm working on it.

twenty-five

There's a very simple reason for why I personally don't post, I can't speak for other people who just read but I will for myself. There seems to be an abundance of poor posters (and players) here. If I were to put any effort into posting I'd feel obliged to point out other's inadequacies, and quite frankly I don't have the time nor any obligation to do that. Essentially posting would be a headache, because other posters don't make it an intelligent enough platform for me to invest any effort into it. If I put something in here, I want to feel like I am receiving quality entertainment or discussion as a reward.

DeletedUser

There's a very simple reason for why I personally don't post, I can't speak for other people who just read but I will for myself. There seems to be an abundance of poor posters (and players) here. If I were to put any effort into posting I'd feel obliged to point out other's inadequacies, and quite frankly I don't have the time nor any obligation to do that. Essentially posting would be a headache, because other posters don't make it an intelligent enough platform for me to invest any effort into it. If I put something in here, I want to feel like I am receiving quality entertainment or discussion as a reward.

I agree, its not as bad as say Riot's forums, but there do seem to be a majority of unreadable posts or just posts that are so lacking in content (and many times grammar) its not worth the time or headache to reply to it. These externals used to be full of intelligent posters, with a lot of back and forth. It created a lot of friendships and enemies and was a great way to communicate about topics that affected in-game content. It also gave many players a break from the tedium of tribal forums and IRC.

But yes twenty-five while you're correct, maybe its time for a revival of quality threads, which can only be done by lurkers such as yourself coming out of hiding.

Michael Corleone.

The community of Tribal Wars has been long dead and these days this place is a graveyard.

DeletedUser

True, over a week into w75 and the outer core is just now getting filled up. The game has definitely seen a decline in playerbase. Not sure what Innogames plans on doing about it, but looking at Tribal Wars 2, I hate to admit it, but i assume not much.

Then again, its not about the quantity of posts, but the quality. It amazes me that so many people STILL do not know about these forums or only look at them once a month. If something was done to get the thousands of active players to this side of the game, it would be huge. But what do I know, I am just a salesman.

DeletedUser

Agreed, that's what I was saying. Updated graphics and cross platform is...that really it? HuH?

xeladragn

my worry is when TW2 comes out inno will make all of the servers there P2W.

DeletedUser115442

Talking about this stuff makes me miss world 7 :(.
While I do agree with how the quality of posts have declined I dont see why people would bother reading it then?

DeletedUser

my worry is when TW2 comes out inno will make all of the servers there P2W.

Maybe, but I doubt it. If they have been consistent about one thing its avoiding the P2W model. That was what set Tribal Wars apart from ever other game like it. They will stay true to this model I think, because its the only reason many players including myself were happy to pay for premium. Many P2W games are more "Pay to save time" than they are "pay to win" but in games like Tribal Wars being a week ahead in development can be huge.

DeletedUser

So after reading some other threads I just noticed...when you say P2W do you mean play to win or pay to win?

Cause I think the Play to win model is great considering it actually gives the players something to work for.

And while scanning through the w75 discussion thread, it seems that not only has the player base gotten smaller over the years, but its also gotten worse. What is this crap about "everybody" wanting limited/no haul worlds. Those worlds are awful, boring and lack early game strategy and competition.

The reason I came back for this world was because with the .66 unit speed it puts less emphasis on farming but it is still a very effective means of income.

xeladragn

I was talking about pay to win, inno does not have a whole lot of reason to re-release TW unless that is the goal. it is just to give them a reason to go full pay to win. They will leave the original TW somewhere to appease those of us who only play to avoid that model but it will quickly lose player base to the "new" tribal wars. Look at all of inno's other games they are almost all to my knowledge very pay to win centered and TW is an oddball in that sense. It was the only logical conclusion i could come up with for the re release.

DeletedUser

Quality entertainment is meant to be lived. Posting dumb things and having a laugh, that's the net for you. That said, cool story bro.