Official Map Discussion

DeletedUser

I won't claim to know the skill level of others but I do know there is strength in numbers. Die/Kill have that. You cannot argue that this in itself is a strategy, one which has been successful thus far. Whether this strategy carries Die/Kill successfully into the future I don't know but I hope so because it is a good tribe with good members and we like it here so I think we will stay. missingmatt I would suggest you wipe clean this presupposition you have of Die./Kill. you haven't been involved long enough to judge us nor I of you.

DeletedUser

actually: there is strenght in numbers. We at BD call it being n00bled out. However: there is only strenght in numbers if those numbers actually contribute to the fight at hand. Which supposes they send D and O out when needed.

Haven't seen this happening from die/kill yet. Which to me suggests that missingmat is right, at least for the moment.

Pajuno

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I won't claim to know the skill level of others but I do know there is strength in numbers. Die/Kill have that. You cannot argue that this in itself is a strategy, one which has been successful thus far. Whether this strategy carries Die/Kill successfully into the future I don't know but I hope so because it is a good tribe with good members and we like it here so I think we will stay. missingmatt I would suggest you wipe clean this presupposition you have of Die./Kill. you haven't been involved long enough to judge us nor I of you.

Hate to inform you...

Missing matt has been a part of Phoenx for a lot longer than people know. He was a co player at one time... (and yes, we asked specifically how to do it from a mod, so we were completely legal.)

He has witnessed more than some of my own members have...

Also, how can you say that your methods are successful?? The veterans of Tw all know that mass recruitment is the longest shot possible... You become attached and friends with someone for their personality, and it clouds your judgment when it comes time to boot their noob ass.

Plus inactive nobling, tribal hugs, etc... Your getting your asses handed to you by a 25 member tribe...

If you want the prototype for the perfect tribe, follow BD. My personal style is a bit similiar, but we just dont have the individual superstars that comprise BD. Small numbers, great communication, awesome activity... proper techniques and tactics... bah. wasting my time.

I think your one of the few of your tribe worthy of teaching the finer points of the game, mate. Maybe once i am done with Die/kill i will recruit you and teach you the right way to win....

DeletedUser

The strength is numbers is never long lasting, it is a strategy but, a strategy is only as good as the success it brings. So far, the success strength in numbers brings is not very much. As Paj said, I have been involved in this war a bit longer than you may think. From then to today, abscindo you are so far the only player I appreciate, respect, and like from DIE/KILL.

Your stats, your territory gain and loss will determine if you guys are here to sta. But as always- Cheers and hats off to you abscindo.

DeletedUser

What rong with za maps from the nickjr site(updated version) ?
Why are all maps round version with missing, weird looking tribes?

slates9

I've just started doing the maps so maybe him adding me to the list changed it all. None of the settings are different to what they should be though so I guess we just have to wait 24 hours.

EDIT: After looking at some of the other world maps there messed up to so I dunno

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Man I wish this thread wasn't used for map discussion, would be a lot easier if these were deleted all together and we had just one thread. Would it be possible for a poll to be done on this so we can actually get what the majority of W30 want? Obviously I will concede if I am wrong, but it would be good to see.

slates9

All World 30 want one thread, which is why this one wasn't posted in. The new mod thinks differently.

DeletedUser

All World 30 want one thread, which is why this one wasn't posted in. The new mod thinks differently.

I have opened a new thread, hopefully the mod will add a poll (if that's indeed how it works)

DeletedUser

Slates:
MF is same blue as RAM neighbours.
You can mark RAM+DRIFT(fam)/BH+TER:U(fam)/LoEN+L-A(fam)?

slates9

Slates:

Will do. Have changed MF's colour earlier but the map has not updated with the colour yet. Also, BH and TER:U have no affiliation.

DeletedUser

why i had the feeling they are the academy....tribe was born when BH and Hammer merged and wasnt enought space for all....

slates9

So have a lot of people had that idea. However, no affiliation. Changes made. They should update with the next map.

DeletedUser80608

why i had the feeling they are the academy....tribe was born when BH and Hammer merged and wasnt enought space for all....

totaly offtopic, but your wrong...

First there was TGOW and TER, TER ended up with a war with Hammer.. then most of the cool players moved from TER to TGOW wich was renamed to BH..

DeletedUser

Slates:

To the best of my knowledge, we have never marked families as a single colour (which would indicate a single tribe) on these world maps. Personally, I much prefer it this way, it is often helpful to be able to distinguish between two tribes in a family.

slates9

It was never done because AK_Iceman never believed in family tribes. I am in no position to tell leaders that academy's are pointless so therefore feel obliged to mark as families unless contacted by said duke to remove it.

Kinda ironic really, that AK never believed in them, but then THE go and nab S_P as their "brothers and sisters" :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

It was never done because AK_Iceman never believed in family tribes. I am in no position to tell leaders that academy's are pointless so therefore feel obliged to mark as families unless contacted by said duke to remove it.

Kinda ironic really, that AK never believed in them, but then THE go and nab S_P as their "brothers and sisters" :icon_wink:

There is no reason to feel obliged to do so, nowhere in the rules does it say they should be marked as 1 tribe. I don't believe it's a matter of whether or not you believe in families, more a matter of usefulness, the map would be far less useful, and give less information if it had RAM and DRIFT for instance as one tribe, which is not only factually incorrect, but somewhat annoying.