offline tribalwars

JWP681997

Yah I just used a link earlier back and like, it is gay and won't work...

squirtle pt

I've got a problem while going to the http://localhost/ and http://localhost/admin
I think that site does no longer exist, because when i go there using internet explorer it says: page could not be found and with firefox it shows a white screen with nothing inside... anyone knows what's wrong?

Thank you for reading

:icon_confused::icon_confused::icon_confused:

MarkHarrison

Contributing Poster
I've got a problem while going to the http://localhost/ and http://localhost/admin
I think that site does no longer exist, because when i go there using internet explorer it says: page could not be found and with firefox it shows a white screen with nothing inside... anyone knows what's wrong?

Thank you for reading

:icon_confused::icon_confused::icon_confused:
Localhost means "the machine you're sat in front of". That link will only work once you have downloaded and installed the game onto your own PC and the webserver is running.

tossa75

When I click the ds-lan link, it doesn't seem to take me anywhere sensible. Same problem, anyone? And is there a fix? I'd love to give this a go with me cousin.

tossa75

Thanks therin... It now works, I get to to the adminpage et al, I just can't edit the settings because they've gone weird sicne the newer updates. Any idea on that one? I need to edit the speed, how barbs grow and if my cousin, who is in the same room as I am, and same connection, runs everything too, will he automatically join my world?

EDIT: important thing: how to let barbs grow, found the rest

Last edited by a moderator:

geremy

edit the config.php file in the folder
/htdocs/include/config.php

that is where you find speed of the world and the units and many other settings.
as for the weird settings you mention i have no idea

Symcy994

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit and when I write localhost/admin it show me some spiecework site and I have no idea what I have done wrong.
I'm using Firefox lastet version.

Symcy994

I open all those bat files to start something and then I open my browser and type this but it simpley doesn't work at all.

geremy

this is a long winded process to get a Lan running correctly..
and without knowing what version you are using and how you went about setting it up I can hardly help.
Edit: you may not have configured the server correctly by clicking
setup_xampp...then you run
apache start
mysql start
dsl_lan start
in that order

Symcy994

And what if i opened those thinks on wrong way ? What do I have to do to reset this think ?
And after I open first one I have to close it or only minimize ?
And what about next one what to do with them. because now if I start apache it write me that there is nothing to do or something in that style.

geremy

And what if i opened those thinks on wrong way ?
then your sql database can't talk to the pages over the network<which has not been established.

What do I have to do to reset this think thing ?
click all the respective '_stop" files in the folder (order doesn't matter) you may hear a beep after the dslan_stop is clicked. It is now ready for a new cycle (i believe,and Skype never gave me problems).

And after I open first one I have to close it or only minimize ?
it actually tells you not to close it except for shutdown ;P...no leave them all where they are and be happy you got it to work.now go play in the browser

And what about next one what to do with them. because now if I start apache it write me that there is nothing to do or something in that style.
that is when you have either clicked setup_xampp on accident, or ran it twice thinking it would help
well I will try with 1.3 version from this site: http://www.twlan.org/de/showthread.php?tid=1457&language=english
and I will follow your rules and try to figure out this. I don't need LAN or something. I just wanna play against barbarian villages witch can grow up to 12k automaticly and speed should be somewhere around 1500 or something :p

the time will come when you can attack barbs and the barbs will attack you...first you must master these first steps and gain knowledge of what is happening...then you will be better suited to getting a barb village to grow to 12k and have troops in it

Symcy994

I tried that on another computer with Windows Xp and it works great but I would beter play that on my computer couse it's better & faster and so on ... I delete all those files, restart computer and try everything again like I have done on another computer on witch works but on my Windwos 7 it just don't want to work at all and I have no idea why not. I closed hamachi, skype, torent, emule ... almost all proces, only Firefox was running but still don't work.

Any suggestions about that isue ?

Symcy994

And it would be better if someone would translate that german to normal English so it would be abit easier for some guys like me :)

Symcy994

Well I made screenshots about that what happening to me with version 1.4 the nevest one I guess ...
1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)
And then the resault when I type localhost/admin in my firefox:

Any suggestions about that now ?

Symcy994

If it would write in english in that dos I would maybie be able to read what's wrong but I don't understand that damn German language :p

Symcy994

And I have another question ... is possible to make that barbarian villages will be puted together ? Now there must be something like a distance or something but I want that villages would stick together around me :D
is that possible and how to do that.

geremy

i can't handhold you through this....i myself and all the others before us had to go through the same thing.figuring crap out.
go to http://127.0.0.1/admin
to see if you can modify the barbs
i know its very frustrating but we all know perseverance is necessary to achieve
looks like your spoiler #2 is all that needs to be addressed the other images show you are correctly connected.
remember to always stop these things when something goes wrong....apache may have installed as a service...if you have installed another server and have that running then that is why your apache in that folder will not listen on port 80
good luck

Symcy994

Well however I download Sun virtual box for wndows Xp and now it works great but that with barbarian villages ... I can't figure out that one.
And I also heard someone said that barbarian villages can acctually attack you. I havene't seen anything like this ever and just want to know if that's true or just another joke.