Offtopican Quilt Of Memorable Faces

DeletedUser

(The below post alike any Off Topic post I start has a voice over for those who do not wish to read it's contents but would rather listen to a monotonic Australian voice - here)
DCLettersQuest02.png

My fellow Offtopicans and Spammers alike!

I have come to you today with a message, a message and an idea. An idea which will hopefully strike a considerable liking straight from the depths of your heart and it's this idea that I am about to bestow upon you all here today.

Behold, the Offtopican Quilt Of Memorable Faces. Below you will see a grid of approximately seven by eight squares, meaning there are fifty six individual spare spaces. These spaces, or squares as we could dub them, are there for a reason. They have a purpose, a need to be there and they thrive off of it. Or, they would should they ever find a reason to develop a consciousness.

I'm here today in front of all you happy little readers, to offer you a chance. A chance to be on this quilt today, and a chance to be remembered throughout the ages as a part of the Off Topic family. I'm sure, wouldn't you all find that somewhat helpful to the new comers? Wouldn't you all find that especially gratifying to be on such an offtopican quilt of memorable faces?

The Finished Version, courtesy of Stoner!

Quitlkm-3.png

[spoil]
Quitlkm-2.png
[/spoil]​

So there it is. The one, the only, the quilt. The Offtopican Quilt Of Memorable Faces. It's there, it's right there and it's looking down upon you all. Don't you think it looks a little blank? That's where you all come in, this is your time to shine.

The quilt has fifty six squares, all the size of eighty by eighty pixels. You know what this means. That's right, avatars. Post who you think should be on the quilt, and I will add those who meet the cut. Discuss who you believe should be on there.

If two or more people agree, bringing it up to three total, then it will be added.

Now that the tricky stuff is out of the way, I'll throw some names out there.

Rivka. Ibo321. Lixalot. Stoner5252. Ateb. Lord Castellan. Kdeb. Trollbrain. TjDarkness. Amanduh. Osdeath.

Let the selective games begin.

Current Quilters:

TjDarkness - Voice

With his unmatchable wit and undoubtable charm, he marches up the stage. That's right, it's that clown we all know and love. The voyager of our forums, admirable TjDarkness, as he stands tall upon a rock in some graphical novel about heroism and the sorts. He is our first quilter, present within the 1600s and famous for his exploration around the seven seas, discovering the island of Offtopica itself. A royal name in any household.

Rivka - Voice

After the great era of TjDarkness, followed a new lord. Or should we say, lord lady. With he loving approach and unstoppable determination, she holds her staff out high. Commanding the people and ruling with dignity, keeping peace and order, the royalty that is Rivka ignites the platform. She rules the lands with her mighty power and keeps all in bliss with her beautiful aromas, stories of great adventure and various costumes. Innocent as a fairy and yet as determined as a tiger. Present also in the 1600s as the Royal Fairy Princess of Offtopica, and well worthy the title and position on the Offtopican Quilt Of Memorable Faces.

Ibo321 - Voice

A warrior to the west, or perhaps the east, you can never tell. Venturing the lands with his mighty sword and impenetrable wit and strong voice, he keeps order amongst the kingdoms of Offtopica. The mighty welsh swordsman himself, Ibo321, cloaks himself and keeps to the casual ways, fearless and dominant of any who stand in his way. Vanquishing his foes and forever loyal to the kingdom of Offtopica. This noble knight knows not only of battle, but entertains the folks with his stories and comforting tales. Present first in the 1600s, but never to perish, the Welsh Knight of Offtopica, forever in the Offtopican Quilt Of Memorable Faces.

Lixalot - Voice / Voice

This is where it gets interesting. This is where it gets frightening, although all the same, you feel at peace, right before the knife cuts through the butter and you have no chance to escape. Lady Lixalot. Merely the mention of her name has the enemy in fear, for her might resounds the lands half with joy and the other half with fear. She is the goddess of the North, the vanquisher of the South and the commander of the lands. Whilst you are nearing you impending doom, you cannot see her. Her cunning has you scared, voice has you afraid and her movement has you dead. A great protector, keeper of justice and all the same, the Queen of Offtopica. She is, Lady Lixalot, and she is our goddess. Present for eternity, always helpful and will never fade. Friend to all who do not label her enemy, worst nightmare to all who do. Well worth her position upon the Offtopican Quilt Of Memorable Faces.

Lord Castellan - Voice

Lord Castellan. Only once in a full moon will you hear this name, for his greatness is not to be over done and wasted. He is a rare, mighty, knight who some say created the unicorn. Others say he simply has the mightiest horse in the land. He is the legendary Cavalryman of Offtopica, swift and precise. He will not miss a blow for he carries an arrow and a sword to take down his prey. He rides in at night and by morning you'll see, there's nothing left but him although there used to be. Takes out the soldiers all one by one, and is gone before we return to continue our festivities. Back to tranquility.

kdeb
trollbrain
Amanduh
Osdeath
Ateb
writingfireangel
Stoner5252
Dark Chaos
12innigma
Hastyr
Warlo
h0llygh0st
Saiyans
ClippaClippa
whirly22
Qwertyu
Blurk
jasmineyerp
Tyr Hades
Cory####
Sachiye
Scrawney5
Unnamed
Potash
Monkers
Spank

Update.png

Voice

During the middle of the night, in the not so distant future from the last time we had an update on the quilts progress. Many new names had been added, many new faces etched and stitched into permanent memory atop the Offtopican Quilt Of Memorable Faces, but that was not all that was to happy. No, tonight, this dark night, there was a little something more stirring.

In the village of Offtopica where the Quilt was being stored, several Quilters not involved in this project had grown jealous. Their jealous turned to envy, and that envy became their anger which burnt deep inside their hearts. They got together and devised a plan. A plan to steal back their famous quilt and add their faces to it for being the most memorable Offtopican Quilters in the world.

Lord Lorkhan - Voice

A local blacksmith overheard these dastardly plans and he was not going to let them disgrace the land that is Offtopica. He was a master of fire, a magician and a blacksmith. A worthy swordsman for the royal Offtopican family, though with a lower profile and a simpler life. During the night he approached the barbaric quilters and he set their camp on fire, leaving them no escape route but to run into the hills, hopefully never to return as he shouted out after them, "You will not rule these sacred lands, as long as my name is Lord Lorkhan!" and upon that he walked back to his smithy and continued his work.

Orangeflame - Voice

Though he was confronted and it was not too long before Lord Lorkhan took a hold of his sword and greeted his new guest. He was a tall, broad Offtopican man who carried a sword. He was a powerful knight of the Offtopican kingdom and he was not the greatest of friends with the blacksmith. "What brings you here, knight of the Royal Rivka Guard?" Lord Lorkhan addressed his guest, who took his time to answer. He was surveying the blacksmith for he was a very noticeable knight, one of the very best. "You may call me OrangeFlame, and you may lower your weapon." The blacksmith lowered his sword but kept it grasped in his hand, beneath his courage and strength he was after all a simple villager and he did not know what to expect from a Knight in these parts of town. OrangeFlame broke the silence, and soon they were off. "Tonight we ride, blacksmith, tonight we ride to vanquish their evil before it spreads past this town and across the sacred lands of our nation. Tonight we ride, and not alone. Collect a horse and I will meet you in the center of town, we gather soldiers in the middle of this night to combat this evil once and for all." And to that, they parted ways.

DCLettersQuest03.png

Last edited by a moderator:

TjDarkness

Err... Didn't we have an offtopica hall of fame already?

Btw, vote for me B)

DeletedUser

im not even on the list, im un-nominate-able (will be a word for now)

shmegg

i vote ibo and lix and i vote dougfresh and also TJ
and if ya can vote your self add shmegg

DeletedUser

the biggest failure of the hall of fame was that people could nominate themselves...lets not repeat that mistake

DeletedUser

I vote for Amanduh

and if i can nominate myself :S seeing i am an OT whore :S

so Rivka Sachiye and WFA and any other people who <3 me vote for meh pl0x? :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

I can foresee the future...here are your 56 names (in no particular order):

1)warlo
2)Ateb
3)Rivka
4)Spank
5)ibo
6)L_C
7)kdeb
8)Hastyr
9)trollbrain
10)Amanduh