oh matty what have you done?

• Thread starter DeletedUser65288
  • Start date

Anaconda

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Dang. All the spy chat. Guess I am guilty in some small way for writing the spy guide. Might as well wade into the mud and share my two cents, if its worth that much. lmao.

I have seen good points from many different people.

Frozen Beauty
"Personally, I think you can still win by being honorable" A well oiled tribe can win without spying, but they need to be diligent in not having spies in their own tribe.

Every good player have used dirty tactics at some point of their tribal war career. Can totally win being clean, but spying does indeed give advantages or I would not have done it in the past or written a spy guide. Best to not use main game name in a spy capacity or you will be branded and have to change your game name. Also, spying is not as strong as sound leadership and good battle tactics.

Novembre
"If you're tagged as someone who plays dirty that name will stay with you for a long time and it is hard to get rid of it. If you play with fire you will get burned" Both points are straight out of my spy article. Once caught, game name is useless and has to be changed. Sooner or later most (not all) spies will be caught and have to deal with it. Personally, as a tribe leader I make it a point to eventually attempt to execute any spies I catch.

Nemesis 123
"Yes I won't take spies into my tribe of any sort because I tend to prefer working with certain kinds of people who I know I can rely on in harder times, but you'll find the vast majority of leaders will take the risk." I try to keep spies out of my tribes and torch one that are caught. That being said, I have no hesitation (none) to use spies against an enemy tribe. Spying has been a tool of warfare for thousands of years. IMO spying on a tribe is better than spending $2,000 plus on an account, which is what they do over in TW2. Can catch a spy and deal out death with a smile. Cannot do much against an open credit card.

Balian in Ibelin
"My conclusion is to watch who you invite into your tribe." Spot on. Every merger takes the risk of bringing in spies.

blckdrgn1
"I typically take the intel make use of it and then make sure the spy dies if they are back stabbing their own tribe) there are ways to fight back against spies. (Yes there are) I have had my trusted friends act as double agents or sent mails out with a different typo or time stamp in each mail to see which one gets leaked and have caught spies then either fed them false information or planned an op and nobled them out." I love every point you make.

DeletedUser65288

Iron Lady, update the PnP lib before I forget my password again for 3 years :x

mattcurr

This is all litterally copy pasted from a world 2 years ago with my name pasted into it he's trolling you and me. He didn't mean any of this seriously

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
This is what it feels like to start a new job and everyone has loads of little 'in-jokes' that make no sense and you're like wtf are you geeks talking about :|

DeletedUser119596

Every good player have used dirty tactics at some point of their tribal war career. It's only a matter if they get caught or not. You'd be surprised what people would do for an upper hand against their enemies. Personally, I think you can still win by being honourable since the community is so small nowadays. But each to their own I guess. I don't condemn dishonourable actions because in the end there's no dishonourable stats for winning.

Nice to hear a bit of honesty around here for once.