Old old Tribes?

DeletedUser

You know, I put in the parantheses in the first paragraph just for you! :icon_biggrin:

It's much appreciated :lol:

I'm gonna have to look up some of the history, but I remember FUSE having good reason to fight MORE and taking them down quickly and effectively.

Fuse's fate was sealed the minute they took down their own academy tribe, apparently with good reason, but the bigger tribes did to turn against FUSE, IMO seeing them as a rival 1v1. Without a doubt the leader was a noob, inexperienced both in playing and leading, however they were winning VVV before GARUDA and Kinky stepped in - I think I can find the stats to prove that.

Yeah I think had they had a more experienced and capable leader they'd have went far, more so than Munpia and TLA, due to their location and IMO better standard of players.

There's no denying that Fuse entered the war after it was over...so to say Fuse took them down is just ridiculous.

I will back you up on one thing though; Fuse was winning against V-V-V after about 1 week of warring. Much like ESL was winning against V-V-V for awhile :lol:

As a former Fuse councilman i can tell you something:
Fuse was a k25/24 tribe, not spread over various continents
Fuse entered in the V-V-V vs MORE war because we had some conflicts in the past with them
The Fuse leader was a noob (like me) and the real leader of the tribe, in my opinion was TheEyeOfTiger
The leader of Fuse academy was a close friend to a V-V-V leader
The Fuse academy was declared hostile because they weren`t following orders.
In about 1 week after Fuse declaration on V-V-V nickers and some GARUDA members (like SultanSaladin and Iamgreen) started the attacks on Mad89 and some other Fuse members
Mad89 deleted
Holla let me to join his tribe (can`t belive i tricked him :lol:)

From what I know, this is pretty darn accurate.

From what I remember, V-V-V declared and launched on that Turkish tribe, Fuse then declared and launched on V-V-V, then adam and nickers killed Mad89 before V-V-V could even counterattack.

That's my biased recollection, anyways :icon_wink:

slowdowntubby

Just to continue down this little trip down memory lane...

Re: FUSE vs MORE. Those 101-6 starts are actually for 3 days Kriid. I know DH hates to argue this, but from the outside looking in VVV vs MORE was going nowhere and to say VVV killed MORE before FUSE got involved is I think innacurate.

VVV declared on MORE on oct 10th 2008. When FUSE entered the fray around Nov 20th, VVV was behind in the stats or had just drawn even (I'm going from posts in the original thread). MORE surrendered on Nov 22nd, two days after FUSE jumped in.

All the posts are right here

You can argue that VVV did the hard work of warring for 6 weeks and wearing down MORE, but the reality is FUSE delivered the knock-out punch.

As for the other stuff:

Adam and nickers killed mad89 and the tribe crumbled, yes. But this is oversimplifying things and giving way too much credit to those two. Before that happened, the co-duke and the diplomat (LeSmash and DNCfury) left the tribe and joined Kinky. This was I believe the result of a power struggle between smash and mad89. He disagreed (rightly) with mad's rash declaration on VVV. So they left and took with them a couple top 10 fuse accounts via sit. I remember Yolis being one of them. Lesmash threw 100% of Yolis's troops at mad. Then nickers and adam nobled him like there was no tomorrow. Yolis was a good guy and a good friend to everyone in the tribe. He was on temporary hiatus and Smash used his account for his own selfish ends. I think more than anything this demoralized mad and he quit. And that had a trickle down effect on everyone else in the tribe. At that point FUSE had already declared on VVV. Garuda declared on FUSE in return. And, despite what Adam says, Kinky was very involved. You can't argue with two FUSE leaders defecting to Kinky and taking other large FUSE accounts with them.

And Rukoh, FUSE was a k 25/34/35 tribe. They controlled all these sectors at a high percentage. I don't see how that is bad geography.

Anyways, I want to emphasize that I don't think FUSE was a particularly good tribe. It was full of good players but without strong leadership you can't call a tribe good. I had fun in the tribe while I was there and certainly learned a lot about what makes a tribe work and what doesn't.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure if LeSmash ever joined Kinky, to be honest. I know he had an outpost in K47, and used to talk about 'rebuilding FUSE' there (we were chummy back then), but would/did Kinky really invite him? I'm not sure. In their shoes, I would not have, hence my doubt. But if you know for sure, I'll accept that.

@Knockout punch; sure. But in that sense you could claim that many wars are 'won' by a single party, while in fact the 'preparation work' is many, many times more important. Would MORE have disbanded within two days if they hadn't been warring (and not gaining ground) for six weeks? I don't think so.

@Geography; They were cut off in one direction by TTD/GARUDA, and to the south by VVV/Kinky. In the long run, they would have ended up like BOOTY did, or RES: sequestered away in a corner. They would not have warred through GARUDA, and their VVV move obviously failed.

slowdowntubby

I'm not sure if LeSmash ever joined Kinky, to be honest. I know he had an outpost in K47, and used to talk about 'rebuilding FUSE' there (we were chummy back then), but would/did Kinky really invite him? I'm not sure. In their shoes, I would not have, hence my doubt. But if you know for sure, I'll accept that.

cntrl+F le smash. You'll see fury right there with him and yolis just a few days later.

@Knockout punch; sure. But in that sense you could claim that many wars are 'won' by a single party, while in fact the 'preparation work' is many, many times more important. Would MORE have disbanded within two days if they hadn't been warring (and not gaining ground) for six weeks? I don't think so.

I agree of course. My only point was to correct Daholla who posted that MORE was already dead when fuse jumped in.

@Geography; They were cut off in one direction by TTD/GARUDA, and to the south by VVV/Kinky. In the long run, they would have ended up like BOOTY did, or RES: sequestered away in a corner. They would not have warred through GARUDA, and their VVV move obviously failed.

Fair enough. Hindsight being 20/20 and all, the best move would have been to stay away from VVV like the plague (because of the Kinky/vvv/esl/garuda alliance), move into k15 on asbo or e15l or whatever they were called at the time, and wait for VVV to come to them. With a VVV declaration on FUSE instead of vice versa, the chances of a 1v1 would have been significantly higher. As it was, the world took umbrage to mad89s daring to challenge the core alliances and put him in his place soundly.

DeletedUser

Just to continue down this little trip down memory lane...

Re: FUSE vs MORE. Those 101-6 starts are actually for 3 days Kriid. I know DH hates to argue this, but from the outside looking in VVV vs MORE was going nowhere and to say VVV killed MORE before FUSE got involved is I think innacurate.

VVV declared on MORE on oct 10th 2008. When FUSE entered the fray around Nov 20th, VVV was behind in the stats or had just drawn even (I'm going from posts in the original thread). MORE surrendered on Nov 22nd, two days after FUSE jumped in.

All the posts are right here

You can argue that VVV did the hard work of warring for 6 weeks and wearing down MORE, but the reality is FUSE delivered the knock-out punch.

As for the other stuff:

Adam and nickers killed mad89 and the tribe crumbled, yes. But this is oversimplifying things and giving way too much credit to those two. Before that happened, the co-duke and the diplomat (LeSmash and DNCfury) left the tribe and joined Kinky. This was I believe the result of a power struggle between smash and mad89. He disagreed (rightly) with mad's rash declaration on VVV. So they left and took with them a couple top 10 fuse accounts via sit. I remember Yolis being one of them. Lesmash threw 100% of Yolis's troops at mad. Then nickers and adam nobled him like there was no tomorrow. Yolis was a good guy and a good friend to everyone in the tribe. He was on temporary hiatus and Smash used his account for his own selfish ends. I think more than anything this demoralized mad and he quit. And that had a trickle down effect on everyone else in the tribe. At that point FUSE had already declared on VVV. Garuda declared on FUSE in return. And, despite what Adam says, Kinky was very involved. You can't argue with two FUSE leaders defecting to Kinky and taking other large FUSE accounts with them.

And Rukoh, FUSE was a k 25/34/35 tribe. They controlled all these sectors at a high percentage. I don't see how that is bad geography.

Anyways, I want to emphasize that I don't think FUSE was a particularly good tribe. It was full of good players but without strong leadership you can't call a tribe good. I had fun in the tribe while I was there and certainly learned a lot about what makes a tribe work and what doesn't.

MORE was done...their leadership had left. So it's far from inaccurate...one might even call it quite accurate :icon_razz:

FUSE came in to do what it could to grasp some K dominance and recruit a few undeserved refugees in the finals days of a war that was long over.

I agree with your assessment that there was more the Fuse's downfall than just the attacks on Mad, hell I'd say losing Le Smash and DNCFury were a bigger factor than the assault on Mad89. However, I disagree with your geographical breakdown of FUSE. FUSE controlled K25...that was about it. Maybe 10% of K35 and similar in K34, but I really doubt it was much more than that.

Overall I still stand by what I said before; Fuse was a tribe full of some really good players, and with better leadership, would've been a tribe to last much longer than they did. Although as Rukoh pointed out...that's true of most all tribes :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

DNCfury was indeed a great loss for the tribe, as for LeSmash i consider hit the biggest backstabber of W24. I understand that you are in a conflict with the leader, i understand that you have different opinions but doing such a thing that affected all the tribe is unforgiven
Mad89 sent the next day a circ about him deleting the account and short after players starting leaving.
W24 was Mad89`s first world, people call him noob or a bad leader, but he was the only thing that keep Fuse united, Fuse was the result of 3 k25 tribes.

Before the MORE war we controlled more than 90% of K25
Fuse had a good percent of K35 too, much more than 10% ,we started expanding south. I remember the fun i had with golfholic. He is the far best player that i had 1v1 war.

DeletedUser

It's past this part of the topic but ah well:

All the barbs, mebbe?

We actually had a barbarian ban . Meaning no players where able to noble barbs inside of of k50.
At one point we had rank 1 in ks 40,50,60,70.
We where a very dominant tribe...

Last edited by a moderator: