Old Timers.

playerhater11234

Yea I'm honoured that the greatest player on the world would grace us with his presence. Thing is about Kase - he always put his team ahead of his own needs. This would be at odds with becoming the #1 player, since you have to sacrifice armies for the commonweal, not for yourself. Kase did this without reserve!

I was blessed to have Kase as a teamate, he made us all better.
Have to agree with all of this. Kase was always one of my favorites...

Reading about having 150,000 cats gave me wood that wouldn't subside LOL

150,000 fukn cats! The destructive power of this wold get you a dinner seat with Thor!

That # is so astronomical, I can't even get a grip on that. PH did you find out how many cats are required to return an undefended vill to the stone age, all levels <10? I never did any simulations greater than using 1500(?) cats on one vill.
Never tried to figure that out. I developed my own style where I'd carpetbombed accounts for weeks on end. I'd systematically destroy farms, HQ's, warehouses and sometimes smithies in order to render a large portion of the account useless. I settled on 350 cats per nuke as it is what you need in order to destroy a level 30 building with 2 successive undefended attacks. Even with that number though, I could still only manage to control about half my account's size in villages...

DeletedUser

Never tried to figure that out. I developed my own style where I'd carpetbombed accounts for weeks on end. I'd systematically destroy farms, HQ's, warehouses and sometimes smithies in order to render a large portion of the account useless. I settled on 350 cats per nuke as it is what you need in order to destroy a level 30 building with 2 successive undefended attacks. Even with that number though, I could still only manage to control about half my account's size in villages...
I can't speak highly enough for all the cool people (oh just in case you're wondering you're not one of them) lol jj. I was fortunate to play with so many selfless guys and enjoyed inspired leadership.

I wish Charles or Uldor would speak up about why they didn't trust Deja Vu, decided to break the allied agreement and became enemies. Damn that changed everything for me.

Is Uldor around? How is he? How is GA? sure would be nice to hear from him too, I wonder if him and Uldor and drinking together? lol

PH if cats were implemented like you did, amongst all the players of RASP, how do you think this would of effected W11?

Secondly, and this question goes out to everyone: have any tribes utilized cats like PH did on any other worlds? It seems to me an unbeatable tactic. I am not sure why it isn't widely implemented.

W11 really is unique, it has one of the deadest forums yet many more people still play than on previous or later worlds. Can anyone say why this is?

Also I wish other people would pipe up (ffs). I'm getting boring again.

DeletedUser

Secondly, and this question goes out to everyone: have any tribes utilized cats like PH did on any other worlds? It seems to me an unbeatable tactic. I am not sure why it isn't widely implemented.
I cat whore every world I'm on. It's the most satisfying thing to just render a village absolutely useless..It's also very hard to defend against. You can't just dodge it without taking some serious damage now can you? ;) hehehe...Only real way to defend against it is to stack but if its a close range op out of nowhere, there is really no time for hardcore stacking.

I guess that didn't answer your question though of, Did Any "tibes" utilize this? Well, I do know of one that I was in, [H] from w32. The majority of our ops were cat ops, after that op we'd have a noble op where we'd go in and noble what wasn't completely destroyed. Was quite effective (but most importantly, fun) strategy to use.

PS - Sorry for being like 16 days late on this LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

playerhater11234

PH if cats were implemented like you did, amongst all the players of RASP, how do you think this would of effected W11?
RASP would still be #1 around, for sure. Assuming no other tribes adopted the strategy and we were the only ones using it, I think we'd have been able to push all our old enemies back. It would have been slow, but we wouldn't have lost ground the way we did.

No idea about other tribes, but when implemented correctly, there is nothing the enemy can do but try and stack key villages. There are quite a few problems with the system though, mostly regarding players' attitudes and opinions. From experience, it's impossible to get everyone on board with the tactic and keep them all firing catattacks constantly.

Second, to be most efficient, it takes a lot of oversight and assignment of targets (which some people don't like).

Third, when people start letting up on their assigned targets or neglect sending attacks at all, it gives accounts enough of a break that it can adversely affect the results of other players attacking the same account's other villages.

Fourth, a lot of people don't understand the benefits to catapulting villages, and when it comes to those that they will eventually noble, a lot are opposed to damaging them.

Fifth, it is very difficult to get people to buy into building all their nukes with 200+ catapults, as well as high level workshops to keep up with the demand. A lot of players seem to focus on the number of troops a nuke will kill, but forget to weigh in the added benefits of using catapult-heavy nukes.

Sixth, if you run into a bunch of accounts that are spread out over numerous continents with the majority safetly away from front lines, attacking these accounts' front line villages is often fruitless as they are stacked from behind and the player isn't having to deal with an overwhelming amount of attacks and damage from catapults. The carpetbomb strategy works much better on accounts that are close to the front lines in their entirety. When I planned attacks, I always tried to pick accounts like these as we could focus on a smaller number of accounts (and therefore less players) and try to overwhelm them with incomings and damage from catapults.

Overall, the tactic is the quintessential team tactic. It requires complete commitment to it from everyone involved, otherwise it just wont be affective over the entire group of targets.

DeletedUser

MCD back in the old days, did use the tactic, altough there wasn't spoken much about it.
Attero has been using the tactic to. But again, not much was said about it.

Wallam

I just looked at the skype link, if you want an alias i suggest you take it off.

DeletedUser

He was always fun to fight, but he kept getting me when I wasn't online. He was a good strategist.

I think I did pretty good for just a little guy, though.

Still mad that I never got my villages back.

Chan's here? And PH too? Whoa.