oots question

DeletedUser

They had a motto like "since 1838" or something like that. Was it ever revealed what the date referenced or if it did at all?

I know it's random but hey

Therin

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I think it was "1863" or something, because I seem to recall it being the year that the first section of the London Underground was opened. I don't anything was pubically declared, but I would be interested to know the real reason.

I like the underground theory because boomtown always had references to monopoly in his village names and profile. Monopoloy is typically set in London (unless you buy a weird one), and has four train stations on the classic board. And as I said above, London Underground was founded in 1863.

DeletedUser

I really wish I could tell you, but I must admit that I do not remember...

I do like Therin's explanation and does not seem far fetched at all.

Therin

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I really wish I could tell you, but I must admit that I do not remember...

I do like Therin's explanation and does not seem far fetched at all.

Thanks. I only thought of it because I was once down in London and saw the date on an Underground map.

Therin

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I think it was 1863...

It could have been 1859 or something, the year the "Origin of Species" was published by Darwin - I can see the appeal of such a date in the context of Tribal Wars what with "survival of the fittest" (although Darwin only used that in the 1869 fifth edition of "On the Origin of Species", the term having first been coined by the philosopher Herbert Spencer)

Hell, a lot of stuff happened in the 19th century.

DeletedUser

Did they merge with DNY or get beaten by them. I remember when I deleted I just "knew" they would conquer the world. TBH, I also "knew" DNY would fail. Hey can't be right all the time right?

But yeah a little update if you guys are willing would be great.

DeletedUser

Did they merge with DNY or get beaten by them. I remember when I deleted I just "knew" they would conquer the world. TBH, I also "knew" DNY would fail. Hey can't be right all the time right?

But yeah a little update if you guys are willing would be great.

We wasn't defeted, we just gave in, To many inactives etc. Yeh lots of us went to DNY and FusioN:icon_wink:

Therin

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Oots were losing their war to DNY, so to speed up the inevitable they surrendered. (So to be honest, that was a defeat) Some members moved over to DNY to form a new team under Pawen and the rest (mostly inactives and sits) remained in the newly named "Pits" (Permanently in the Shadows), which would be used as both a retirement tribe, but also as a testing ground for new recruits.

DeletedUser

:lol:

What is the difference? Oots got defeated, we took in the best and nobled the rest.

I didn't notice what i said until after i mailed it :icon_eek:

Oots were losing their war to DNY, so to speed up the inevitable they surrendered. (So to be honest, that was a defeat) Some members moved over to DNY to form a new team under Pawen and the rest (mostly inactives and sits) remained in the newly named "Pits" (Permanently in the Shadows), which would be used as both a retirement tribe, but also as a testing ground for new recruits.

Pawen did alot for us at Oots. and she wasnt the true fonder, it was boomtown, After the war finished so did myself. Anyways everyone at W12. enjoy the retirement heh :)

Therin

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Pawen did alot for us at Oots. and she wasnt the true fonder, it was boomtown, After the war finished so did myself. Anyways everyone at W12. enjoy the retirement heh :)

Yes I know, hence I mention Boomtown in my early post when describing Oots. Pawen however was your duchess, and with players like Brutus gone (or next to it) she was the one who Oots moved under.

DeletedUser

After the war, the ones that didn't merge into DNY got sent to Fusion. I know, because I was one of those players who got sent to Fusion :(

Fusion then merged into RIMJOB, and DNY declared on them shortly after. That is when I finally went over to DNY :)

DeletedUser

After the war, the ones that didn't merge into DNY got sent to Fusion. I know, because I was one of those players who got sent to Fusion :(

Fusion then merged into RIMJOB, and DNY declared on them shortly after. That is when I finally went over to DNY :)

Yeh rimjob i remember them they were based in K89

ToTheGallows

I think it was 1863...

Hell, a lot of stuff happened in the 19th century.

I think I recall it being something significant to the American Civil War - or such was a hypothesis. There was a thread a long, long time ago where reasons for the year they chose were discussed.

From memory it was 1863.

DDragon12

Well the only thing how we will know what does 1863 means is that we ask Boomtown about it.

DeletedUser

Or Howl, Brutus, or Pawen and there must be some others that did not forget like I did... Dada (Khite Tzu) maybe? Wait, let me just ask one of my old tribemates that was there almost from the beginning...

DeletedUser

I'm very curious about it. If you would ask i'd appreciate it.