Open letter to Plight

lavim

I am seriously thinking about putting him on my ignore list too, all he is doing is derailing this thread, whether he knows it or not. Qoffee, one of the original members of plight, agrees with MK. Yet you say that he made this thread for some other reason besides bringing this issue to light? Plight used to mean something on this world, causing everyone to fear who would be euthanized next, even its own members had that to fear.

Yet this philosophy is gone now that all of these off worlders are replacing the original players, and now that the tribe is being run by the "2 biggest drunkards on w16". While I enjoy my witty conversations with Haza, he does not currently have the correct mind set to run Plight the way that Socrates did, which was clearly more effective.

But I seriously doubt that Plight would be able to pull itself together and become as effective as it once was. Maybe they would put up a better fight by returning to their old ways, but I believe that too much damage has already been done internally due to inactivity and the off worlders. (just an outside opinion. I know im not in plight, no need to remind me)

DeletedUser

I do want to say that Haza has been putting up a good fight so far and while he clearly is having trouble leading Plight, he is a good individual player.

That being said, I have often wondered why the Plight players continue to log in and sort of play the game. What is your motivation for continuing to do so? As has often been stated in these forums (by both sides) C² has defeated Plight in all but name. While it will take a good amount of time for us to conquer our way to 70% control (especially with all the barb nobling over there) the outcome is pretty much set now. If the plight players enjoy playing TW, why not move to a new world where they can play toward a chance of victory?

DeletedUser

Was it necessary for C² to create yet another thread so they can boast about how much better they are than everyone else?

And then followed by the typical procrastinations of the C² TW professors patting each other on the back and handing out cigars while congratulating each other on a job well done. Isnt there enough space on your own private forums to brag about your imba skillz and how much your enemies suck...?

Youve won the world, get over yourselves.

No need to attempt to insult this side of the map by making out they dont deserve the plight tag.

You know as well as everyone else that out of the 200 players still on W16 almost none of them r the originals of the tribes of which u speak. All the players who gave these 'historical' tribes their personality left the building long ago. Nobody this side pretends they can fill those big boots but they can boast that at least theyre still here, still here and in your way... so why do u try to invent an issue which isnt even here? nobody here is pretending to take on the personality of your beloved plight...

I love the way u start your thread by telling us u dont want your thread to be seen as propaganda... yet thats exactly what it is :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Was it necessary for C² to create yet another thread so they can boast about how much better they are than everyone else?
Is that what is is? I see this thread as a means to shed light on why the players in the tribe called Plight still use that name when the tribe's actions directly contradict the founding premises of the original Plight. It has nothing to do with C². For example, once the players in LSHRV realized their playerbase no longer represented the tribes of ~LS~ or =HRV=, they changed their name to SF. If I understand correctly, MK is asking why we haven't seen this transition in Plight.

And then followed by the typical procrastinations of the C² TW professors patting each other on the back and handing out cigars while congratulating each other on a job well done. Isnt there enough space on your own private forums to brag about your imba skillz and how much your enemies suck...?
Ende, I'm not sure you know what the word 'procrastination' means. What exactly are we stalling on?

Youve won the world, get over yourselves.
Once again, this thread isn't about who will win W16. We have another thread for that.

No need to attempt to insult this side of the map by making out they dont deserve the plight tag.
Then why have PnP forums at all? Even Plight's former leaders such as Qoffee have indicated that today's Plight not what its creators intended. While this isn't a serious issue (I mean, it's just a name after all), it's nice to spice up these forums now and then.

You know as well as everyone else that out of the 200 players still on W16 almost none of them r the originals of the tribes of which u speak. All the players who gave these 'historical' tribes their personality left the building long ago. Nobody this side pretends they can fill those big boots but they can boast that at least theyre still here, still here and in your way... so why do u try to invent an issue which isnt even here? nobody here is pretending to take on the personality of your beloved plight...
I don't even know what to say. You say that "nobody here is pretending to take on the personality of your beloved [P]light..." but by using the name 'Plight' they're doing just that!

I love the way u start your thread by telling us u dont want your thread to be seen as propaganda... yet thats exactly what it is :icon_wink:
How is this propaganda? What lies are we trying to spread? Please, by all means, uncover MK's insidious plot.

MichielK

Ende, if your response gave any indication that you read my post and understood it, I'd respond. Since you appear to have logged on, seen me refer to Plight, and immediately went on your traditional rabid foaming-at-the-mouth whinefest, I'll pass.

What would the original Plight have done with someone who wanted to play SimCity in his own private corner of the map while ducking out of every major conflict if he can and merging himself to safety if he can't? Maybe that's why he's so quick to disagree with me...he likes running his mouth while hiding behind K after K of human shields too much to risk someone actually removing him from the world he no longer deserves to be a part of.

DeletedUser78416

Shadow, you have to realize you are wasting your time trying to get through to 'he who shalln't be named.' :icon_razz:

Although it is typical human nature to have the want or need to enlighten some folks, even if such attempts prove futile.

DeletedUser

Yet this philosophy is gone now that all of these off worlders are replacing the original players, and now that the tribe is being run by the "2 biggest drunkards on w16". While I enjoy my witty conversations with Haza, he does not currently have the correct mind set to run Plight the way that Socrates did, which was clearly more effective.

we dont recruit as many off worlders as you all think and havent at all for quite a while now, not for several months at any rate and the story michielk uses of 3rd owner in a week or whatever is a downright lie

however you are right in one sense.... that original reply was completely stupid of me and i realised that as soon as i reread the morning after, i've suffered some serious setbacks in rl lately to the point where i can barely afford food for myself and my gf and so i've been taking alot of that frustration out on here by simply making stupid drunken comments. and this is also why i made the decision to step down as duke over the weekend. qoffee can find his "one man" with the motivation to turn plight around without me in the way acting like a complete idiot

I do want to say that Haza has been putting up a good fight so far and while he clearly is having trouble leading Plight, he is a good individual player.

That being said, I have often wondered why the Plight players continue to log in and sort of play the game. What is your motivation for continuing to do so? As has often been stated in these forums (by both sides) C² has defeated Plight in all but name. While it will take a good amount of time for us to conquer our way to 70% control (especially with all the barb nobling over there) the outcome is pretty much set now. If the plight players enjoy playing TW, why not move to a new world where they can play toward a chance of victory?

we continue to play because we enjoy playing together on this world, we all have find memories here and are not ready to leave yet especially as several of us have stated that this will more than likely be the last world we take part in of this game. have you ever put a strategy game on and chosen to play as the hardest team just to play as an underdog? i find that aspect enjoyable as do many in plight.

DeletedUser

Ende, if your response gave any indication that you read my post and understood it, I'd respond. Since you appear to have logged on, seen me refer to Plight, and immediately went on your traditional rabid foaming-at-the-mouth whinefest, I'll pass.

MK getting selctive over who he responds to now... doesnt want to end up in a proper argument about his true intentions with this post.

Im far from 'foam-mouthed' just observant as ever thanks. Ive always been chilled on these forums, if u choose to read my posts picturing some angry kid then thats your issue, not mine.

Ive read every word of your thread and the C² propaganda brigade who posted following. EVeryone is simply attempting to insult plight players. U point out that the original ethos of the tribe is now gone and therefore everyone doesnt deserve the tag anymore. Its actually a fair point, but it stinks of propaganda in an attempt to kill the morale of those still left playing against u.

This is the sort of point wouldve been better mailed to Haza rather than posting up on the pnps basically... the only reason its up here is anotherone of MKs expert propaganda blasts. The funny thing is that the only real responses u got were from your own tribe backing u up and making the point louder. Total propaganda.

What would the original Plight have done with someone who wanted to play SimCity in his own private corner of the map while ducking out of every major conflict if he can and merging himself to safety if he can't? Maybe that's why he's so quick to disagree with me...he likes running his mouth while hiding behind K after K of human shields too much to risk someone actually removing him from the world he no longer deserves to be a part of.

I see that now u have been exposed to Gammys bull*** and actually believe him LMAO

Dude, i used to respect u for thinking for yourself but now that u obviously beleive Gammys lies u have made yourself look equally as stupid. You forget that im the same person who had plenty of wars in the past and to this day have never ever complained about any of them. Ive never complained about this one either! lol

Your human shield uquasation was squarley put against Gammy a long time ago and he proved that he shouldve been removed because he defected sides... im still working with my side, always have done. Just cos u beleive Gammys crap doesnt make it true...

I didnt actually disagree that the plight membership are now not built with the same plight attitiude of old, i simply made the point that u r attempting to make political gain out of your point by posting it up on here. U shouldve mailed haza your thoughts, thats my point.

DeletedUser78416

Just a straight up standard question, but I don't recall any significant ventures that could be classified as a war that Dust/Sunny has been in?

Can anyone shed some further light on this?

DeletedUser

Just a straight up standard question, but I don't recall any significant ventures that could be classified as a war that Dust/Sunny has been in?

Can anyone shed some further light on this?

why post this after other people have already complained about this thread being derailed? i think it's safe to assume that most of the people left on w16 from both sides are sick to death of your and ende's pointless arguments

i do however agree with ende in that this might not have needed to have been said in public.

MichielK

Haza, I'm sorry to hear about the setbacks IRL, and I hope everything works out for you in the end.

Ende, the intent of my post was not to argue that 'everyone doesn't deserve the tag anymore'. Quite the opposite; I believe that many do deserve the Plight tag, which is why I'm protesting against the damage that is being done to it. The people in Plight who are active, skilled and agree with the philosophy of euthanasia understand this, and several have publicly stated their agreement with my post (no, it's not just my own tribemates; read up). It's no surprise that you do not understand; if you did, your tribe would be celebrating your victory over LSHRV right now.

As to why I didn't mail haza directly, there are about 438 reasons for that. One of them is that I didn't believe he would make changes based on an email from someone he rarely spoke to, another one is that I believed he was not as bothered by the current situation as others may be (and the RL problems mentioned above are probably why). I want things to change, and by posting my concerns publicly I allow many to read, respond and think about the issue at once rather than betting everything on one person.

To argue that I did any of this for 'political gain' is preposterous. Since we're already at war with nearly the entire world and doing pretty well, the most effective thing for me to do from a political perspective would be to shut up and watch the war conquers come in. As several tribemates have reminded me, the smart thing to do right now is to stop rocking the boat...I simply chose to do what I personally felt was the right thing to do.

DeletedUser54400

Ende;

Naturally MK's post is a form of propaganda, a rather decent attempt at it and completely in its place on the externals which have "politics and propaganda" as their main purpose.
That being said, i do not believe that was the main purpose of his post, merely a convenient tho anticipated side effect of it. I would think a debate on one of the two last standing significant tribes cultural evolution is a worthwhile change from the usual forum activity of two individuals locked in a childish "you!, no you!" fight which rarely exceeds the intelligence or entertainment value of a "Yo momma" joke.

Haza;

You (and rj ) have done a commendable job as Duke of Plight, i'm quite sure without you there would not be a tribe Plight left at this point. You took on the responsibility that others did not or could not take despite knowing the toll it would take on you. As much as it saddens me that you have resigned as duke, i'm glad you have the clarity of mind to put your priorities straight and look after yourself first.

lavim said:
Plight used to mean something on this world, causing everyone to fear who would be euthanized next, even its own members had that to fear.

True Euthanasia requires a strong figurehead , one capable of constantly pushing his peers forward. In ideal euthanasia conditions such a leader is always present, if the present one would lose his touch he would be quickly dealt with by the rest for showing weakness. Both socrates and seagryfn are prime examples of good leaders for this, both can inspire a tribe more in a single sentence then you or i could with a whole book.

DeletedUser78416

I disagree with a leader needing to be strong and constantly facing challenges, etc. This may be true if surrounded by the wrong people...people who choose to not follow direction or have a lack of passion otherwise.

You can be enthusiastic and headstrong and gung ho all you want, but if the people you are trying to lead and rally don't share that same passion...to that I say good luck and welcome to the world of what was LSHRV.

To Haza,

I was thinking the same thing when I read for the 400th time that you were drunk and don't remember your tribe losing 500 villages in a month and that you only choose to bring euthanasia to w16...but only when you see fit :icon_rolleyes:

..."There is a button named ignore, press it if you choose to not read anymore..." :icon_cool:

I'm a poet and didn't know it

DeletedUser

i've never said that i dont remember my tribe losing 500 villages let alone 400 times, i don't mention being drunk much either..... :icon_rolleyes:

your right though it looks much better with you on ignore

Last edited by a moderator:

monsterbro

Like i said no one cares what you say Gammy your just annoying little kid that trys to act big but guess whats its game so who cares if plight losted 500 villages in the past today is today maybe you should stop living in the past

DeletedUser

MK getting selctive over who he responds to now...
Funny, you seem to have completely ignored my previous post. Hypocrisy is bad.

Ive read every word of your thread and the C² propaganda brigade who posted following. EVeryone is simply attempting to insult plight players.
This shows that you must have read my post. I want you to go through my post and pick out where I insulted Plight players. Don't stereotype, it weakens your argument.

DeletedUser78416

Like i said no one cares what you say Gammy your just annoying little kid that trys to act big but guess whats its game so who cares if plight losted 500 villages in the past today is today maybe you should stop living in the past

My point exactly...you should care.

That is why you are a scrub.

Case closed.

monsterbro

I'm scrub because i care more about RL then a game wow you do need life

DeletedUser58923

I can pretty much guarantee that this thread was not made for/nor with any intention to insult any players in Plight. If MK wanted to insult someone in plight, im sure he would have dulled down the length of the post and used much more obvious terms to do so.

I agree with him on pretty much all aspects. There are plight members who greatly deserve to be recognized as a Euthanizer, but none should argue that theres a point to where the euthanization has stopped. I dont know the reasons behind the recent recruits so i wont sit here and tell them they did wrong, time will tell whether it was right or not. in my opinion the villages the recruited players owned would have done better if nobled out from someone actually capable of doing something in the war already in plight, but again, opinion.

for the off worlders, you have a few. when your last recruit of one was, i have no idea. but if you plan to get more, get more like whoever you put on the t10tf account awhile back. nicolas i think his name is. hes a fun person to chat with and fun to fight against.

i have a lot of friends in plight, whether people believe it or not. when any post from me insinuates any negative output against plight, its not concerning every player, i just cant be bothered to go through and name them individually.