Open letter to Plight

DeletedUser

the way you guys argue i was thinking we were running for president or something with all this mud-slinging

DeletedUser

Ende, the intent of my post was not to argue that 'everyone doesn't deserve the tag anymore'. Quite the opposite; I believe that many do deserve the Plight tag, which is why I'm protesting against the damage that is being done to it. The people in Plight who are active, skilled and agree with the philosophy of euthanasia understand this,

Here you have done exactly as i said... ur dividing the players left in the plight tribe to those who deserve the tag and those who dont. Exactly where this dividing line stands is how u have prompted accusations of insulting them, and of issuing an attack on their morale, both valid accusations of C² attempting to make political gain.

I personally dont think that this thread shouldve been created in the first place, we are at the very end of the end world situation and almost all of the famous players in this world have already gone. And that is clearly apparent within the ranks of plight, the vast majority of the players which made plight have gone, and everyone in this world knows it. So why create a thread to discuss what everyone already knows?

and several have publicly stated their agreement with my post (no, it's not just my own tribemates; read up). It's no surprise that you do not understand; if you did, your tribe would be celebrating your victory over LSHRV right now.

'several' is converted to one, Qoffee. Haza and others responded with the same cynicism as me. So im justifed to say that the vast majority of posters r simply C² tribemates making the point louder...

As for LSHRV, id never be stupid enough to try to boast that we somehow beat them, but we have managed to outlast them...

As to why I didn't mail haza directly, there are about 438 reasons for that.

And all 438 reasons start and end with how you wouldnt make any politcal gain by mailing him...

I want things to change, and by posting my concerns publicly I allow many to read, respond and think about the issue at once rather than betting everything on one person.

Im sure u do 'want things to change', first and foremost u want to do as much damage as possible to those left in your enemies tribe. I actually agree that u have a valid point about how the personality of plight is pretty much over, i just dont think it can be bought back in the way u appear to be crying out for. The point is that u too know that its impossible to bring that personality back, therefore this thread can only have one true intention...

To argue that I did any of this for 'political gain' is preposterous.

You yourself made a counter note to this accusation in your first post, so u obviously saw this thread as wide open to the accusation. Therefore its not a 'preposterous' accusation because you yourself admitted it was open to accusations of political gain at the start...

Since we're already at war with nearly the entire world and doing pretty well, the most effective thing for me to do from a political perspective would be to shut up and watch the war conquers come in. As several tribemates have reminded me, the smart thing to do right now is to stop rocking the boat...I simply chose to do what I personally felt was the right thing to do.

Im sure all u wanted to do was create something fun for everyone to chat about... but lets face it, there is a very bitter taste left between the two tribes now we are at end-game. Im not going to go into why this is because everyone knows the main reasons and we dont want to take te thread offtrack.

And whats the point of discussing the war gains? No point at all, u guys have won this world a long time ago and r just going through the motions of mopping up. With such enormous players all on your side of the map you dont need skill to win right now, its the sheer statistical tidalwave which can wash away all in front of it. So war stats have become meaningless now... no one this side cares about war stats anymore, so whenever theyre posted up only C² take any notice...

So with the lack of plight repsonse to any of your war stats in mind, I can see why u want to look for something else to discuss...

If u wanna create something fun to discuss then why not poke fun at the C² machine for a change and prove to us that ur not such a one-track minded spindocter. Every other tribe has been the victim of the pnp cudgul in the past, expertly weilded by the illustrious MK... lets see if he can operate 'out of office hours' for a change :icon_wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

As for LSHRV, id never be stupid enough to try to boast that we somehow beat them, but we have managed to outlast them...

You simply outlasted them because they were focused on fighting C², you simply weren't worth taking out

Im sure all u wanted to do was create something fun for everyone to chat about... but lets face it, there is a very bitter taste left between the two tribes now we are at end-game. Im not going to go into why this is because everyone knows the main reasons and we dont want to take te thread offtrack.

You might be bitter, but everyone I have spoken to in Plight (and before it in LSHRV) wasn't bitter outside of the PnP (and most not there). Just because you are bitter at being left out of the big-leagues doesn't mean others are.

And whats the point of discussing the war gains? No point at all, u guys have won this world a long time ago and r just going through the motions of mopping up. With such enormous players all on your side of the map you dont need skill to win right now, its the sheer statistical tidalwave which can wash away all in front of it. So war stats have become meaningless now... no one this side cares about war stats anymore, so whenever theyre posted up only C² take any notice...

So what do you care about? If not to take villages (which you clearly care about since you post your stats against isolated gammy villages all the time), then what is the point of the game?

MichielK

Ende,

When I say Plight is too good for their recent recruits, you claim it's an insult to Plight. When I argue that people with 50K ODA don't deserve to be in Plight, you disagree. When someone posts war stats it's awful and wrong, yet when you post individual stats it's perfectly fine. I'm not allowed to have or post an analysis of one of the two major tribes left in this world, since clearly that's not what the forums are for.

This is why nobody takes you seriously. Well, this and comments like "Dust outlasted LSHRV" after you lost the war and merged into them. Nice attempt to rewrite history, but we all know what happened and whose cowardice made it all possible.

You are incapable of being objective, incapable of being reasonable, and have no goal on the forum except repeating the same drivel over and over in the vain hope that someone will believe it. Talking to you is a colossal waste of time, so welcome to my ignore list.

Michiel K

rascal-the-cat

Ende your lack of comprehension is really stunning. If there is a point to miss ... you miss it. I don't think I've ever put anyone on ignore in my life. Well done on being the first! I'm just hoping people stop quoting you for the benefit of all of us who now have you on ignore.

@ Qoffee - words of wisdom from you as usual. :)

@ Haza - I really hope that your RL problems start to resolve themselves soon.

DeletedUser

When I say Plight is too good for their recent recruits, you claim it's an insult to Plight. When I argue that people with 50K ODA don't deserve to be in Plight, you disagree.

What 'I claim' is that there is no point at all to mention those thoughts of yours on the pnps unless it is for political C² gain... i am not in any way commenting on whether the recent recruits r good enough to be in plight.

When someone posts war stats it's awful and wrong, yet when you post individual stats it's perfectly fine. I'm not allowed to have or post an analysis of one of the two major tribes left in this world, since clearly that's not what the forums are for.

I havent said ur wrong to post war stats at anywhere... i never said that.

What i said is that no one on this side of the map cares about the war stats because the world is over anyway... its only C² who r posting and replying to the stats on these forums. Exactly the same as this thread...

U can post the stats as much as u like...

This is why nobody takes you seriously. Well, this and comments like "Dust outlasted LSHRV" after you lost the war and merged into them. Nice attempt to rewrite history, but we all know what happened and whose cowardice made it all possible.

Coward?

The only coward is the 'man' who changed sides and became a traitor... the 'man' who brown-nosed his way into the winning tribe cos he would rather turn on his team than stand and fight.

If by standing by your friends and comrades in this game makes u a coward then im guilty as charged.

Ho0w exactly have i rewrite history?

Suncraft is still here and LS, HRV, LSHRV and SF are not... how exactly is that rewriting history? Its the truth... and im certainly not boasting about it, just saying it how is it. If u dont like that then thats your problem... ur the political propaganda expert, and that means ur probably more guilty of rewriting facts and history than any of us here...

I also want to make it clear that my intent here is not to 'bash' or 'attack', but simply to point out an issue that bothers me and should bother you. I know some are fond of dismissing everything I say as propaganda, but if you read the full post with an open mind I think you'll find that I am both accurate and fair in my assessment.

These are your exact words from the original post...

So ive said exactly the same as u have yet im somehow out of line by saying it...

My point was simply this thread was not for forum consumption and couldve been done by mail. And that this thread is only on the forums for political gain.... exactly as u yourself accepted it was prone to those accusations at the start, as u said in the quote above... I have not been rude or aggressive in any way in any of my posts. If u choose to read them as if i am then thats your problem not mine.

If u cant handle discussing the criticisms to your posts then by all means put me on ignore. Ur simply showing how inept ur at handling criticism.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You might be bitter, but everyone I have spoken to in Plight (and before it in LSHRV) wasn't bitter outside of the PnP (and most not there). Just because you are bitter at being left out of the big-leagues doesn't mean others are.

Everyone I speak to regularly on this side of the map is very bitter about recent events. Im sure u would love to think that plight r all luvy duvy about being stabbed in the back, but its simply not true. So im not sure who u speak to but i assure that it doesnt represent the general feeling at all. Left out of the big leagues? Hmmm u sir r very much clutching at straws to try to insult me here... ive not tried to or wanted to join any other tribes thanks. So quite what u mean by this is beyond me.

Ive already said that the ONLY reason i can be called bitter or angry is that Gammy has got himself into the winning tribe. And he is someone i dont think deserves to be seen as a winner when this world closes. Ive never ever had any issues with C², ive always congratulated u on your gameplay, your tribal spirit and your pro level of warring... ive never ever thrown any abuse at u.

Now u can criticise me all u like for having that standpoint.

DeletedUser

Plight was stabbed in the back? News to me. I'm pretty sure Plight was the one supporting LSHRV without c2's knowledge (or tried to, at first), then jumped into the war of their own accord despite the NAP. But hey, if Plight was stabbed in the back because you said so, it must be true, right?

DeletedUser78416

Does anyone else get the feeling the only reason Sim City is bitter is because he is playing on borrowed time?

Would anyone else on this world have stayed in a tribe where 75% of players don't even care to help themselves by actually playing and putting forth effort?

Oh, and would someone tell Sim City for me, he need not worry about the world closing. Time permitting, he won't be around to see it anyways. :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

Plight was stabbed in the back? News to me. I'm pretty sure Plight was the one supporting LSHRV without c2's knowledge (or tried to, at first), then jumped into the war of their own accord despite the NAP. But hey, if Plight was stabbed in the back because you said so, it must be true, right?

we have always stood by our allies

the conditions surrounding the NAP with C² were fulfilled and so it was no longer needed... we gave you 3 weeks warning that it would be dropped as well, you wouldn't have done the same,

any tribe that cares abouts it's allies would send support to help them out. BANG!? sent me support before they joined the PNX war, i sent ORC a load to stack them during the ORC/BANG! war to the point where i was getting threatening mails from kerbogha a couple times a week. we have never stabbed an ally in the back though. we were allied with *MK*, BANG? and LSHRV but not C², who else were we meant to attack? i know you all wanted us to attack BANG? when you went for LSHRV because i've seen the mails where michielk told SG that C² wouldn't step in to help BANG? if we did. However like we said then... we will not jump an ally in the back.

DeletedUser

the conditions surrounding the NAP with C² were fulfilled and so it was no longer needed... we gave you 3 weeks warning that it would be dropped as well, you wouldn't have done the same,

any tribe that cares abouts it's allies would send support to help them out. BANG!? sent me support before they joined the PNX war, i sent ORC a load to stack them during the ORC/BANG! war to the point where i was getting threatening mails from kerbogha a couple times a week. we have never stabbed an ally in the back though. we were allied with *MK*, BANG? and LSHRV but not C², who else were we meant to attack? i know you all wanted us to attack BANG? when you went for LSHRV because i've seen the mails where michielk told SG that C² wouldn't step in to help BANG? if we did. However like we said then... we will not jump an ally in the back.

Orel wasn't saying you did anything of the sort haza. The NAP between C2 and Plight ended (at Plight's request, but mutually). What he was saying is that since HRV is gone (as Ende has pointed out) that Plight shouldn't feel any reason for being bitter. Gammy changed sides, so what? Happens all the time both in TW and RL during wars.

MichielK

then jumped into the war of their own accord despite the NAP

That is actually not true.

When Plight and C² signed their NAP, it was clear to both sides that there most likely would be a C²-Plight war in the future. One of the terms of the NAP was that whichever side wanted to declare war would give fair warning and time to prepare. Given the fact that we were already at war with LSHRV when Plight wanted to declare, a three week period was agreed upon. All players on both sides stuck to this agreement.

I know various opinions exist about Plight's actions during the NAP (specifically the 'organised support' and the subsequent denials), but I can assure you that Plight and C² ended their NAP in a way that was fair, honest and honorable.

MichielK

Speaking of things that are not true:

we gave you 3 weeks warning that it would be dropped as well, you wouldn't have done the same

Yes, we would have. The agreement was 'a fair time period to prepare', and we would have stuck by that. We did not attack when you supported our enemies despite your leadership vowing that would not happen, for example.

I'll gladly attribute credit to Plight for sticking to their end of the bargain by not attacking before the three weeks were up (and have done so regularly), but let's not ignore the fact that C² did the exact same thing.

because i've seen the mails where michielk told SG that C² wouldn't step in to help BANG? if we did. However like we said then... we will not jump an ally in the back.
How about you prove it by providing those mails?

Since you can't, I suggest you read your mail later today and think long and hard about whether you really want me to disprove this publicly.

EDIT: turns out I was blocked in advance...not *that* interested in the truth, are you?

Last edited:

jdt14

And which two tribes are those, because according to everything I can find, you are a registered member of SUNNY and not even involved in the C2-Plight war. So why are you so bitter towards C2? Why is the most vocal proponent of PLIGHT not even in PLIGHT?

What i said is that no one on this side of the map cares about the war stats because the world is over anyway... its only C² who r posting and replying to the stats on these forums. Exactly the same as this thread...

U can post the stats as much as u like...

Then what do players on that side of the map care about? If not stats, or village conquers, or forum conversation - what is the motivation of the game. You claim the world is already over, yet you continue to play and (just guessing) pay for credits to do so. So what goal is there - please enlighten me.

Coward?
The only coward is the 'man' who changed sides and became a traitor... the 'man' who brown-nosed his way into the winning tribe cos he would rather turn on his team than stand and fight.

If by standing by your friends and comrades in this game makes u a coward then im guilty as charged.

So exactly where does that place the approx 17 players who have departed PLIGHT for other varied tribes or to stand alone?

Ho0w exactly have i rewrite history?

Suncraft is still here and LS, HRV, LSHRV and SF are not... how exactly is that rewriting history? Its the truth... and im certainly not boasting about it, just saying it how is it. If u dont like that then thats your problem... ur the political propaganda expert, and that means ur probably more guilty of rewriting facts and history than any of us here...

Several true facts here, you have outlasted the other tribes mentioned, and whether that is skill, luck, preserverence or geography is totally irrevelant. As I stated before, and upset quite a few people - the History of this war (and world) will be written by the victor. Edited and presented as they determine and everyone else will just be a footnote.

A better question might be how do you perceive yourself being represented?

MichielK

jdt, please don't quote Ende...we're trying hard to not see his drivel :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

didn't even realise i had you on block.. unblocked you now...

i wasnt part of the leadership at the time but i never tried to claim we werent sending support to LSHRV... especially after Gamecat changed tribe :icon_wink:

i probably should remember to archive some mails once in a while as i've only done so with 3 in 3 years, i was shown them when i joined leadership so quite a while ago so could be mistaken but thats what i thought i remembered reading

jdt14

jdt, please don't quote Ende...we're trying hard to not see his drivel :icon_wink:

I don't have a choice! Ende is the only one doing the talking!

"People want answers and in the absence of genuine answers, they'll listen to anyone who steps up to the microphone. They're so thirsty for it they'll crawl through the desert toward a mirage, and when they discover there's no water, they'll drink the sand. "

"People don't drink the sand because they're thirsty. They drink the sand because they don't know the difference."

Kudoos to anyone who can name the movie I plagerized and edited that quote from .........

DeletedUser78416

"People want answers and in the absence of genuine answers, they'll listen to anyone who steps up to the microphone. They're so thirsty for it they'll crawl through the desert toward a mirage, and when they discover there's no water, they'll drink the sand. "

"People don't drink the sand because they're thirsty. They drink the sand because they don't know the difference."

Kudoos to anyone who can name the movie I plagerized and edited that quote from .........

omg, breaking out some michael douglas quotes, lol. The only talk worth reading from Sim City, will be the bumbling chatter of a person who doesn't know what to do, when their walls come crumbling down.

Time permitting, that will be a fairly worthwhile read.

DeletedUser

That is actually not true.

When Plight and C² signed their NAP, it was clear to both sides that there most likely would be a C²-Plight war in the future. One of the terms of the NAP was that whichever side wanted to declare war would give fair warning and time to prepare. Given the fact that we were already at war with LSHRV when Plight wanted to declare, a three week period was agreed upon. All players on both sides stuck to this agreement.

I know various opinions exist about Plight's actions during the NAP (specifically the 'organised support' and the subsequent denials), but I can assure you that Plight and C² ended their NAP in a way that was fair, honest and honorable.

To both of you, I simply said that despite the NAP, they decided to initiate the war. Yes, it was clear and perhaps believed that both sides would eventually war, but they went in of their own accord into this agreement and into the war, and the preparations began at the time they wanted. Which ties back into my original point, namely that there was no backstabbing, as Ende claimed. That's the only point I was making, and any other points you guys might think are there simply are not.

MichielK

The American President. Pretty sure it was Michael J Fox (1st) and Michael Douglas (2nd).

Love that movie!