Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

1) On your browser go to tools and preferences
2) Go into Advanced click on shortcuts
3) Single click on Opera standard in the Keyboard setup box and duplicate it
4) Rename this new setup My Keyboard Setup
5) Now single click it and go to edit
6) Click Application and then New
7) In the box that shows up type the letter t (use the letter T as there isnt a shortcut that uses this key)
8) Now double click next to this in the blank space and type this EXACTLY as i write it
Click button&Switch to next page
9) Now click ok and it will take you back to the advanced section
10) Make sure that you keyboard setup is highlighted by single clicking it and click

why it still dont work with me ?

Seagryfn

Please also be aware that Tribal Wars does not support Opera 12.16, or any other obsolete browsers. If you want to use an old browser that is your choice, but you may find some aspects of the game unplayable.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser115516

So far the only issues I've found with 12.16 are some occasional graphical errors, nothing major, just the colour of some things, and brief but very rare freezes. It's still totally playable.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Opera 12 is very slow with larger accounts, so I'm working on getting together some reliable info on how to recreate the functionality in Chrome.

So far I've gotten scripts bound to keyboard shortcuts and tab switching bound to keyboard shortcuts (but not the two in one shortcut that is the basis of the T-Train). I also have found an extension with similar functionality to the Links Panel that Opera 12 had. Currently the only barrier left to cross is getting a T-Train lookalike - which may be solved in a day or two, and when it is, I should be able to get a guide together.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Opera 12 is very slow with larger accounts, so I'm working on getting together some reliable info on how to recreate the functionality in Chrome.

So far I've gotten scripts bound to keyboard shortcuts and tab switching bound to keyboard shortcuts (but not the two in one shortcut that is the basis of the T-Train). I also have found an extension with similar functionality to the Links Panel that Opera 12 had. Currently the only barrier left to cross is getting a T-Train lookalike - which may be solved in a day or two, and when it is, I should be able to get a guide together.

I'm sure that would be appreciated by a lot of the community.

Sub-second trains have been a part of the game for a very long time. If these new updates have stopped this standard tactic from working, it will have a major impact on how the game is played. It's these kind of oversights when implementing new updates that frustrate lots of players.

The best updates are those that; improve the interface of the game (making it more convenient to play), reduce the advantage of activity (the advantage co-played accs have over single played ones) and make the game more accessible to new players (introduction/quest system and casual worlds have been good but more needs to be done).

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

I'm sure that would be appreciated by a lot of the community.

Sub-second trains have been a part of the game for a very long time. If these new updates have stopped this standard tactic from working, it will have a major impact on how the game is played. It's these kind of oversights when implementing new updates that frustrate lots of players.

The best updates are those that; improve the interface of the game (making it more convenient to play), reduce the advantage of activity (the advantage co-played accs have over single played ones) and make the game more accessible to new players (introduction/quest system and casual worlds have been good but more needs to be done).

Are you saying it's Inno's fault that Opera have dropped support for custom shortcuts? Because it's not. We knew this day would come eventually, all the way back when Opera 15 came out. But because Inno took so long to decide supporting Opera 12 was holding back TW, now it's their fault?

That attitude is such bullshit. Stop blaming Inno for this, it's not their fault at all - and it's not their responsibility to find a replacement either. As a community, it's our responsibility - we found Opera could do these things, now that it can't, we find a replacement. I don't see why Inno is even relevant besides just knee-jerk whining.

Attitudes like this make me not want to publish any method I find for T-Trains in Chrome, because when it inevitably becomes useless as well, people may well go on similar whining sprees and spam the forums with this shit again. I don't want to be even partly responsible for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Are you saying it's Inno's fault that Opera have dropped support for custom shortcuts? Because it's not. We knew this day would come eventually, all the way back when Opera 15 came out. But because Inno took so long to decide supporting Opera 12 was holding back TW, now it's their fault?

You can't pass the buck off onto Opera. When a business (Innogames in this case) makes a change that effects its product, it's their responsibility to fix any potenial problems that occur from that change. At least that's what a responsible business would do.

That attitude is such bullshit. Stop blaming Inno for this, it's not their fault at all - and it's not their responsibility to find a replacement either. As a community, it's our responsibility - we found Opera could do these things, now that it can't, we find a replacement. I don't see why Inno is even relevant besides just knee-jerk whining.

That is irrelevant. The fact is t-trains have become a fundamental part of tactics in this game. If Innogames release an update that stops a fundamental tactic in the game from working it's their fault. You or they (if you speak for Innogames) then have the cheek to pass the blame off onto a third party (Opera), not satisfied with that, you/they then tell the customer (us the gamers) to go find a work around to a problem they created. It's this kind of arrogant anti-social attitude towards their customers that pisses so many of us off.

Attitudes like this make me not want to publish any method I find for T-Trains in Chrome, because when it inevitably becomes useless as well, people may well go on similar whining sprees and spam the forums with this shit again. I don't want to be even partly responsible for that.

That's your prerogative but it's a rather petty reason.

As a paying customer of Innogames products I have a right to complain when Innogames release updates that effect the game negatively. If you don't like that, tough shit.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

No ms trains >>> no sniping ms trains >>> inability to perform timed, co-ordinated Ops

Dumbed-down, simplistic IG-tagger which blocks all launch-village info, has a minimal time frame for accurate use; simultaneous removal of attack verification ID-er, necessitating 24hr account cover.

Reduced effectiveness of res balance & other scripted tools

3-4 second lag between pages; jerky presentation.

- These would be significant alterations to a new world but players would at least have an informed option on whether to play. Players on established, mid-game worlds have stark choice when Immo change the playing conditions under which they originally subscribed to the product. This may be legal; how is it ethical?

Upvote 0

DeletedUser94483

Alright a couple of things to cover...First off in the very rules AND at the top of the page a senior moderator backs that statement up that inno does NOT support any browser...they never have and probably never will..So yes the buck does stop AT opera.

Opera became popular because of what it could do, they then decided to stop providing a service that has nothing to do with inno..Morthy the community manager has pointed out for a little while why it no longer makes sense to support opera 12 series. As much as I personally do not like it I do agree. There are those of us in the community DaWolf in particular(who outside of their forum moderation has provided the largest base of guides to help and assist players) that are looking for replacements for the techniques used based on opera 12.

I have noticed over the years DaWolf does not get agitated with how the community responds to easily and is more then willing to help people...so when they respond in this way over the communities backlash over something the community could know was coming since the mass tagging adjustments at the LEAST. Why should they put in their effort to help a community like that with guide building? If you read through their guides they are proof checked and confirmed at the time of writing on accuracy it takes alot of their time that has NOTHING to do with the fact that they are a mod.

Undecoded your statement is not actually accurate you can ms snipe on ANY browser without the ability to send ms trains...but even on Ie you can send ms trains but it takes a SLIGHT bit of effort. Ms trains are not gone and I can still hit 400 ms on Ie it is the CONVENIENCE of a third party program that has gone away.

SO the BIGGEST way to get the changes most everyone in the tribalwars community want are not to whine and gripe(what it is after being explained to several times) to the wrong people would be for everyone concerned about it as opera 12 degenerates into a useless browser to create an account over on the Opera dev forums and bring up and renew the fight a core group of people have over there to get those features reinstated...

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

You can't pass the buck off onto Opera. When a business (Innogames in this case) makes a change that effects its product, it's their responsibility to fix any potenial problems that occur from that change. At least that's what a responsible business would do.
What do you want them to do? Sit around and let their product stagnate because of a small percentage of users who are too lazy to find a replacement for an outdated browser?

They did not make the change that affects their product. Opera did. They are just doing what needs to be done, and dropping support for a browser that is, at this point, basically impossible to support.

If Innogames release an update that stops a fundamental tactic in the game from working it's their fault.
You really just don't understand how development works, do you?

You or they (if you speak for Innogames) then have the cheek to pass the blame off onto a third party (Opera), not satisfied with that, you/they then tell the customer (us the gamers) to go find a work around to a problem they created. It's this kind of arrogant anti-social attitude towards their customers that pisses so many of us off.
Your attitude is arrogant. You aren't entitled to T-Trains, you're not even entitled to TW, so quit your useless whining and maybe actually help solve a problem for once.

The fact of the matter is that it is our responsibility as the community to find a solution to this problem. That, or we get Opera to re-implement their shortcut features. But, as Morthy put it:

It's not that we don't want to support it, it's not that we press a magic button saying "run the game slowly on Opera", it's simply that we can't support it. Because it's old, it sucks, and there's no way we were going to suddenly decide to stop updating the game 3 years ago, because then you wouldn't have a Tribal Wars to play today.

As a paying customer of Innogames products I have a right to complain when Innogames release updates that effect the game negatively. If you don't like that, tough shit.
I agree, you have the right to say all kinds of stupid shit. But I don't have to agree with it. And frankly, I don't really even see the point in explaining that it's not literally illegal to say what you do.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Alright a couple of things to cover...First off in the very rules AND at the top of the page a senior moderator backs that statement up that inno does NOT support any browser...they never have and probably never will..So yes the buck does stop AT opera.

No it does not. Tribal Wars is an Innogames product, not an Opera Software product. Therefore the buck stops with Innogames.

Opera became popular because of what it could do, they then decided to stop providing a service that has nothing to do with inno..Morthy the community manager has pointed out for a little while why it no longer makes sense to support opera 12 series.

T-trains are a fundamental tactic in this game. If Inno release an update that stops this from working they should provide a substitute.

SO the BIGGEST way to get the changes most everyone in the tribalwars community want are not to whine and gripe(what it is after being explained to several times) to the wrong people would be for everyone concerned about it as opera 12 degenerates into a useless browser to create an account over on the Opera dev forums and bring up and renew the fight a core group of people have over there to get those features reinstated...

That is the arrogant attitude I'm speaking of (I'm assuming you're speaking for Inno).

In summary:

1. Inno releases an update that eliminates a key tactic in the game.
2. Players complain.
3. Inno blames a third party and tells players to go find their own solution.
4. Frustrated players quit TW and Inno loses more customers.

EDIT IN:

What do you want them to do? Sit around and let their product stagnate because of a small percentage of users who are too lazy to find a replacement for an outdated browser?

They should take responsibility for updates that negatively effect fundamental tactics in the game by having a substitute in place.

They did not make the change that affects their product. Opera did. They are just doing what needs to be done, and dropping support for a browser that is, at this point, basically impossible to support.

Why is it Opera's fault? Opera has no obligation to make the customers of Innogames happy. Innogames on the other hand I would hope do care about the happiness of its customers.

Your attitude is arrogant. You aren't entitled to T-Trains, you're not even entitled to TW, so quit your useless whining and maybe actually help solve a problem for once.

No it is not, whereas what you said above is both arrogant and condescending.

The fact of the matter is that it is our responsibility as the community to find a solution to this problem. That, or we get Opera to re-implement their shortcut features.

Why should the customers have to solve a problem Inno creates?

I agree, you have the right to say all kinds of stupid shit. But I don't have to agree with it. And frankly, I don't really even see the point in explaining that it's not literally illegal to say what you do.

Yet more arrogance and condescension. This shouting down strategy of anyone whom raises legitimate complaints on this forum is pathetic.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser94483

Inno has a game...you found a cool feature that works with it through another company and you get mad at inno for the other company not supporting their feature?

Your right opera is not a inno product..so they are not responsible for something someone does. Will finish when home from work but your premise is wrong.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Maybe someone could explain why any player would want to stick around to play TW at a sub-standard level to which they played before? This is what the updates seem to demand; how is that a success & how is it not an insult to all the IG learning & experience that went before Immo changed the basic playing conditions after their historic & - imo - obnoxious update on March 17th 2014? Immo should obliterate too, all the player-written guides that are available, given that many of them are now obsolete & give inaccurate information.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Inno has a game...you found a cool feature that works with it through another company and you get mad at inno for the other company not supporting their feature?

The point of the argument is the importance of t-trains in tribal wars today. It is not just a slight inconvenience being unable to use them, it's a key tactic used by thousands (would need to conduct a poll to find the real numbers) of players that is now no longer available. Whether Innogames likes it or not, unless a substitute is provided they will lose customers that have become accustomed to using it. Therefore it is in Inno's best interests to provide a substitute/solution to avoid losing potential customers.

Your right opera is not a inno product..so they are not responsible for something someone does. Will finish when home from work but your premise is wrong.

I think you misinterpreted the argument I was making.

Maybe someone could explain why any player would want to stick around to play TW at a sub-standard level to which they played before? This is what the updates seem to demand; how is that a success & how is it not an insult to all the IG learning & experience that went before Immo changed the basic playing conditions after their historic & - imo - obnoxious update on March 17th 2014? Immo should obliterate too, all the player-written guides that are available, given that many of them are now obsolete & give inaccurate information.

Agree 100%.

I think it's best we send complaints directly to Innogames, voicing complaints here is just a waste of time. I just searched on google and this seems to be the best way: http://corporate.innogames.com/en/company/contact.html
I'm guessing it would come under general enquiries or public relations.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser94483

First off T TRAINS themselves are not opera only...it is a single facet you ignored my earlier statement that trains could be sent subsecond with ie do not need opera. Opera is mostly used for its other keybinding features.

As to how many people rely on it according to the current petition to get opera to fix it(those responsible for the break down of the usefulness of opera 12) it is 13 people that use opera :|

I love my key binding and might be one of the last mods actually using opera. I am also on my way to trying to figure out how to reprogram opera 23 to perform the same functions.

No matter HOW you slice the cake it has been stated repeatedly that it does not make business sense to support opera 12. This makes sense it is sad but makes sense. Thing is the problems most people are agitated about are things that could be fixed on your own computer and have NOTHING to do with the update. Actually the only time opera 12 lags right now is when you try sending in 35+ commands at a time in a single wave. This means you have to cut your best current set up times by 1/3rd based on the experiments I have done myself for my system with mass attacking.

Upvote 0

TrainOfThought

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
If you download Keyboard-Fu (google chrome app) on chrome you can get trains with 100ms gaps if thats any help, thats what I am using anyway, was never a fan of opera.

Thats my 2 cents

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Not been using opera, been using chrome. i can snipe and ship off trains at will.
i can farm, fakescripts, resource manager and so on.
when a script breaks, i'm actually happy, coding evolution, game evolution adapt or leave. I'm not here to play World 1, I'm here to play World 72 and i expect changes to make it interessting..
My personal opinion, i'm in love with all of the changes. everyone don't like it, if you are in w72, i can take your villages when you leave. I won't miss you, none will. the good players adapt, loosers whine.,

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

I agree to some parts of that ^
I don't use opera. I've used chrome since forever, I've sniped trains manually, sent trains via quick switching tabs and clicking enter - 95% of the time I'll get the smallest possible ms gap, it really just depends on my internet connection. I just use FA, and scripts needed for startup farming, whether it be crimsoni's amazing key press, ntoombs or whatever, works fine for me on chrome. I've never used opera so I guess I can't speak on behalf of it and how beneficial it may have been for some, but chrome has worked absolutely fine for me, and have managed to still be in top10 accounts. So maybe try chrome, do things manual and have fun doin it, don't need opera to be a top account ;p

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

when a script breaks, i'm actually happy, coding evolution, game evolution adapt or leave.

When the functionality of the game is disrupted due to an update, it inconveniences the customer/player. Treat your customer frivolously and they'll abandon you.

I'm not here to play World 1, I'm here to play World 72 and i expect changes to make it interessting..

There's good changes and there's bad changes.

My personal opinion, i'm in love with all of the changes. everyone don't like it, if you are in w72, i can take your villages when you leave. I won't miss you, none will. the good players adapt, loosers whine.,

Spoken like a true fascist.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.