• Yes

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Unsure/Don't Care

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

Fleezus Clyde

Forum Personality 2017
Reaction score
Anyone yet to see the video please watch below..... I have pre-skipped to the important part for you.

Anyone too lazy to watch - essentially;
1. You can send your troops out via scavenging in which they cannot die
2. You collect a guaranteed amount of resource (albeit much less than farming)
3. You can unlock better scavenging routes which offer more resources via quests

vxGRC4diT8mpKy8T7CGmLw.png

Over the years, many changes have been implemented into the game. Initially these changes where harmless; merely trying out new features to see if the community would like them and if they would better the game (I'm talking about churches, flags, new tech/pally/noble systems etc.) and while some of them were failures, a lot of them were actually preferred by players and are still used in worlds today.

Then Pay-to-Win (P2W) was implemented ....... this allowed players who had less skill of the game to compensate their lesser skill with real world finances. While many would argue the game died here, I could tolerate it. PP rates aren't cheap (at the lowest rate of exchange a Premium Point is worth £0.025 ($0.03 USD)) & in order to catch up with an active player it would be very expensive; especially with the ridiculous rates for resources early game (64 resources per PP or £0.39 ($0.51 USD) per 1k resources). As all these P2W changes crept into every aspect of the game, it quickly became apparent that Innogames wanted to milk Tribal Wars for all it was worth. The first and most obvious example of how TribalWars has become more focused on P2W was when they radically altered their own P2W resource trading system to hold a monopoly on it. Formally, players could trade with one another and set their own rates. However once Innogames realized they were losing money with this method, they implemented the current system, one in which Innogames gets to ultimately dictate the rate of exchange for resources to maximize profit. It was implemented under the guise to combat players selling PP on the side (something I do not condone) yet; it is in no way a dead industry and players still "gift" each other PP all the time. Furthermore there has been a vapid rise in the of the ability to buy ingame advantages (+20% res production, flag packs etc.) & an insurmountable increase of microtransactions in game. For those of you who don't know what microtransactions are; they are all those are all those "fun events" that give great rewards..... rewards that you can buy more of using premium points :eek: !!!!

Now through all these changes - the 'point' was to keep the less skilled/active players competitive & let's be honest to profit on their desire to stay competitive. To truly be an active tribalwars player you need to at the minimum be willing to spend 230 premium points a month for Premium Account & Loot Assistant (I would argue AM is optional on these new smaller worlds albeit very helpful). Together is about £6 (~$8 US) a month per player.

All that being said there were two aspects of the game you couldn't pay to win. You couldn't pay to farm & you couldn't pay for troops to magically appear. While the second is still true (unless you count the event buff "privilege" granting an instant nobleman but I personally don't) scavenging has killed farming and with it, Innogames has finally tightened the lasso fully around our wallets. Now there is no activity required at all in TW; the number of Premium points you have is all that matters for your success.

I would be a hypocrite if I said I've never used these features; why wouldn't I as an active player who wants to stay competitive? So the cost of being just an active player is no longer £6 (~$8 US) but more like £12 (~$16 US) and even more if you get into buying resources, reducing time or other features. Now some will argue that you can PP farm to offset this; I know many players who proudly proclaim they've never spent a penny on this game yet maintain top accounts & still use these features. But Farming is (was) the pinnacle aspect of the economy on any world and you couldn't use PP to farm for you...... until now. I have noticed a very sly addition to the new Scavenging feature.

x7jGA5zaSBKcAvEfdkzRVQ.png

*Apologies for the grainyness..... I have a Mac :( currently accepting laptop donations

It looks like you'll be able to increase the amount of resources obtained by scavenging using PP. These resources that are not produced by any ingame village creates a massive offset in the impact of farming by adding random new resources into the world & lessening their impact on the economy. I don't like the destabilization it presents & am really tired of the intense focus on microtransactions & maximizing profits instead of player satisfaction.

Anyhow I'm done ranting for now - but I really hope you don't plan to add this to current worlds & it is just a planned addition to future ones because frankly I think you're putting the final nail in the coffin by finally making the economy entirely dependent on one's amount of PP.

Feel free to discuss/disagree/rally behind me lol but this is just my opinion that you've finally killed a dying but beautiful game.

FC out.

Last edited:

ToPaT

the girl is hot, but the way they try and justify bringing extra cancer to the game is just retarded and they should feel bad.

Michael Corleone.

Honestly people that play these new worlds with all these awful features I don't feel bad that you decide to continue to play. Have fun with it.

W80 is the last world of this game.

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
This feels like devaluation of resources. Its 'money' created where there was not 'money' before. If there are 1000 monies in circulation and you have 100 of those (from hard work farming) then you are rich and will do better than others, as is intended im assuming. If someone just creates another 500 monies that didnt exist (from scavenging) before bringing the total to 1500 then the value of your 100 is inherently reduced. And there is nothing you can do about it

I have no problem with the principle of pp farming/selling as all that does is shift resources around from player A to player B which is in essence the same as when you farm their village the only difference being its mutually beneficial for both parties rather than just one. As the current system stands there is only a finite amount of resources in the world at any given time, either on the market or in barbs or whatever (its a closed system). The concept that there is now a way to have infinite resources without interaction with other elements of the game should be concerning to everyone who plays TW semi-seriously. This is the thin end of the wedge.

Fleezus Clyde

Forum Personality 2017
Reaction score
This feels like devaluation of resources. Its 'money' created where there was not 'money' before. If there are 1000 monies in circulation and you have 100 of those (from hard work farming) then you are rich and will do better than others, as is intended im assuming. If someone just creates another 500 monies that didnt exist (from scavenging) before bringing the total to 1500 then the value of your 100 is inherently reduced. And there is nothing you can do about it

I have no problem with the principle of pp farming/selling as all that does is shift resources around from player A to player B which is in essence the same as when you farm their village the only difference being its mutually beneficial for both parties rather than just one. As the current system stands there is only a finite amount of resources in the world at any given time, either on the market or in barbs or whatever (its a closed system). The concept that there is now a way to have infinite resources without interaction with other elements of the game should be concerning to everyone who plays TW semi-seriously. This is the thin end of the wedge.

Well arguably it's already not a closed system because of all the res packs o_O But I agree with the gist of what you are saying :) I just think this is a horrible idea for the economy of the game :mad:

Olve

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I don't think this Scavenging system will become a major source of farming, but rather a "constant" one that is resources gotten on low activity. I personally beleive Scavenging will be a thing you can do every 6 hours. lets say you send farms every 15min for 6 hours, it will net you 2m resources. The scavenging will prob only give you 400-500k resources in contrast. Atleast I hope so :/

(And the Scavenging is a very welcome addition to other servers like the Norwegian ones, bcs of small size the worlds become depleted of barbs before any top accs go over 150 villages.)