opinions on play-style your 1st village

DeletedUser

A tribe of 15 total nubs, whoa re all at 1.5K, but have cats and def villages attack you.
Wat do?
if you dodge, your farm ans smithy are downgraded to level 10 each
if you attempt to defend, your offense is slaughtered by their combined defenses
If you backtime, they stack

That is why defense helps, and you will find that truly good tribes make a solid defense a requirement.

you may have bonfire + cats

Also as already stated, not many 1.5K point villa's with cats. And if they were noobs they wouldn't think to build cats/ and they would attack with def if they were Def so waste of time/
And if they were that nooby you would of catted them first anyway/at least scouted and cleared any threat to your area. If you haven't done that then you deserve to be catted.:icon_neutral:

Last edited by a moderator:

A humble player

you may have bonfire + cats

Also as already stated, not many 1.5K point villa's with cats. And if they were noobs they wouldn't think to build cats/ and they would attack with def if they were Def so waste of time/
And if they were that nooby you would of catted them first anyway/at least scouted and cleared any threat to your area. If you haven't done that then you deserve to be catted.:icon_neutral:
So you are betting on a 1/13 chance to save your butt?
1.5K point villages almost certainly have shop, considering you only need about 750 for a good player to get them.
They are outside your 15*15 and or turtling, so your nuke would take significant losses.
I don't see anything "wrong" in lettign them be, they are defensive players that don't look like a threat.
The "wrong" part is letting them take advantage of your defenselessness.

DeletedUser

as petar said that can be a bad thing letting them be, its the silent ones you need to look out for sometimes the guy that minds his buisness. i saw it once in a previous world some guy let a small player go because he didnt "seem a threat" the little guy actually out done him.

Normally i push for a lvl 15 wall by 500pts, and try to defend what i have rather then rec rush as well as the HP maxed. Appear to be a bad farm then take my own time in growing it aint failed yet hehe

A humble player

thats your problem :icon_wink:
Not in the least, I don't clear players before nobling, period.
Nauz doesn't either
nor does purple predator in most cases
nor does hoang
and ya know, we all suck.
Not like combined the 4 players in that list have been rank 1 over 50 times.
as petar said that can be a bad thing letting them be, its the silent ones you need to look out for sometimes the guy that minds his buisness. i saw it once in a previous world some guy let a small player go because he didnt "seem a threat" the little guy actually out done him.

Normally i push for a lvl 15 wall by 500pts, and try to defend what i have rather then rec rush as well as the HP maxed. Appear to be a bad farm then take my own time in growing it aint failed yet hehe
I build enough defense in my first village to squash early game nukes, and still have a good sized nuke on most world.

DeletedUser

cool. i usually take a more DEf role kinda the opposite to you mainly DEf but have a small nuke to clean out little players and make new farms etc. Hitting an all OF player is amusing though

For what it's worth I play a spear heavy balanced build.
Barracks is always producing spear and sword at a 5Sp:3SW ratio, once 1000SW is reached I'm usually over to SP|HC build.
Stable is producing LC so farming is good and there is the ability to back time if required, moving to HC when stated above.

I find this helps you sleep easy at night, is a big deterrent to the main threat... All those full offensive players which end up very LC heavy and do not want to fight my cheap quick to build spears. Also easy on the iron to keep the LC in production.

There is also the aspect of this being a team "tribal" game, if you can't defend your self then how are you going to additionally defend your tribe?

PetarPavao

Not in the least, I don't clear players before nobling, period.
Nauz doesn't either
nor does purple predator in most cases
nor does hoang
and ya know, we all suck.
Not like combined the 4 players in that list have been rank 1 over 50 times.

You're contradicting yourself here dude :icon_confused:

Both nauz and purple are offense players and all they have is offense in their first village, as far as I know since I played with both. It is easier and more profitable to wipe out your 15x15 than let them grow and build your own defense which fills in your farm and makes you vulnerable close range.

Defense in the first village is pointless as you would need a lot of it to stop the attack from demolishing you.

A humble player

You're contradicting yourself here dude :icon_confused:

Both nauz and purple are offense players and all they have is offense in their first village, as far as I know since I played with both. It is easier and more profitable to wipe out your 15x15 than let them grow and build your own defense which fills in your farm and makes you vulnerable close range.

Defense in the first village is pointless as you would need a lot of it to stop the attack from demolishing you.

PP uses a good bit of defense, nauz's last world, he had 3K sp and 1K HC before nobles. (and was first to noble) Pure offense the lot of em!

DeletedUser

So you are betting on a 1/13 chance to save your butt?
1.5K point villages almost certainly have shop, considering you only need about 750 for a good player to get them.
They are outside your 15*15 and or turtling, so your nuke would take significant losses.
I don't see anything "wrong" in lettign them be, they are defensive players that don't look like a threat.
The "wrong" part is letting them take advantage of your defenselessness.

well i do see something wrong with letting them be. So this whole hypothetical situation you set me in, would not happen since i would of cleared all the people i thought personally were a threat/good profitable farm.

I would not leave multiple active players with untouched villages just letting them recruit cats :icon_wink:
And if i did, i would send cat trains at them when their cats were away. Either way we are both being catted. Who will have more cats? Offensive or Defensive? :icon_wink:

And tbf, this thread is about what we prefer, not what a player you have played with does, so i don't care what they do whether they mix their first village slightly, I'm expressing views on what i think and if they play differently and want to correct me they can do it themselves and not have some other player who has played with them to tell me that some l33t players do this and that's how i should play.

And since it's tribal wars, and i almost always join worlds with premades if i intend to play seriously, i bet one of my tribemates would have bonfire they would lend me to take out some attacking defense.

DeletedUser91646

you need to have changeable mind and go what is the best on the flow..
if ur mind is scripted. then it may work or ull end up failing..

DeletedUser

you need to have changeable mind and go what is the best on the flow..
if ur mind is scripted. then it may work or ull end up failing..

Agreed, depends on where I end up and with who as to what I do. Normally I avoid hitting active players with anything but scouts until I noble.

Some people seem to take being aggressive to strange levels. If you keep hitting active players and not allowing them to grow what are you going to noble?

DeletedUser

Full spear nuke.
1. Cheap
2. Fast to build
3. Good farm unit
4. sending 10k spears at full off player is same as sending real nuke.

DeletedUser

Full spear nuke.
1. Cheap
2. Fast to build
3. Good farm unit
4. sending 10k spears at full off player is same as sending real nuke.

You can tell the ex ikea from the others <3 :icon_wink: