Optimum number of members

DeletedUser

agree with you here for the most part crud. In general 40-60 is the ideal member count however i believe there are some situations late game such as wars on all fronts where 70-80 members out of 100 may be needed or at least ease the process a bit

Gotta disagree with that statement. 40-60 members is no where near enough.

Prime example - W22 RBE - Best tribe in the entire world, had strict recruiting and were the best and they knew it. Well it was all good until some of those players started going inactive and a 200 member family tribe came along. Bai-bai RBE.

Even if you have noobs in your tribe, they can be used as cannon fodder for your stronger players.

200 noobs>50 elites

Mass eventually defeats skill

spleen mage

Yes, but you can't have more then 50 members in a 50 member limit, so that's a moot point for this thread :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Yes, but you can't have more then 50 members in a 50 member limit, so that's a moot point for this thread :icon_wink:

Was just giving a range. In this world, it would be up to the leader, I wouldn't mind a pack of 50 as long as they knew what they was doing. As if they didn't, like I previously said it would create a lot of unwanted work.

Prime example - W22 RBE - Best tribe in the entire world, had strict recruiting and were the best and they knew it. Well it was all good until some of those players started going inactive and a 200 member family tribe came along. Bai-bai RBE.

Even if you have noobs in your tribe, they can be used as cannon fodder for your stronger players.

200 noobs>50 elites

Ummm... Anyone else disagree?...

In W25 when I came back, although I was in a tribe with one of the most annoying people you could've imagined, we still kicked ass. We had a tribe whom was top in our K and double our roster. Their top player also had 5 villages before anyone in our tribe had gotten their second, and yet, we still kicked butt.

You'll find that eventually, time will erode the elites. I've got two FTW players trying to sandwich me, there's 2 of them 1 of me. And they're low on troops :icon_wink:. And... Attack with Spears and Swords :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

200 noobs>50 elites

I was there so I know what you mean but RBE's downfall was that they failed to replenish their tribe, likely due to the harsh recruitment, coupled with the lack of area talent to choose from. So what I'm saying is that it wasn't their low count that killed them at all, you have to keep replacing those who exit the world.

Also...good to see ya, Migit <3

DeletedUser

I think that at this stage 40 members max is acceptable as deadweight in most tribes has not yet been identified but in 3 months or so I expect the best tribes to have no more than 15 members in each K.

DeletedUser

Lets just decide, that too many n00bs ruin the tribe and that if you have 50 Elite players 200 n00bs will kill that tribe.

Sorted?

Cass <3

DeletedUser

Lets just decide, that too many n00bs ruin the tribe and that if you have 50 Elite players 200 n00bs will kill that tribe.

Sorted?

Cass <3

Not if they really are elite and if they are really noobs (if you mean noobs attacking the elite tribe).

DeletedUser

Sorted?

Cass <3

that happend to ginger in w37. 500 noobs against 60 good players? no chance unfortunately :icon_redface: they just kept recruiting more

DeletedUser

Not if they really are elite and if they are really noobs (if you mean noobs attacking the elite tribe).

The problem with your use of the word 'elite' is that is has become so over used that it has lost its true meaning. Elite tribes should be the best of the best. I would say there are very few truly elite tribes on tw, never mind on this world.
And you would be hard pressed to find 4 elite tribes on this world.
Having a low member count does not make you elite nor does having played another world where you fought against suckish tribes or barb nobled to get high stats.

DeletedUser

Trust me 50 experionce players>200+ Noobs.

1 of me > 1000 noobs. It all depends how noobish they really are.

Was actually more like 900 as about 100 restarted by that point from getting farmed by the rest of the continent...

DeletedUser

Maybe my numbers and the word elite weren't the best choices but my points was the shear mass will beat skill any day.

DeletedUser

maybe this has been done and i just didn't notice but i would actually like to see a world with no tribes. everyone is solo. sure you can make friends and use skype or whatever to pull some people together to make unoffcial tribes. but i think it would be fun for once. the noobs wouldn't have a sweet clue what's going on and quickly be turned into farms or nobled and then your left with good players trying to take over the world. puts ALOT more emphasis on individual skills

That is actually a good idea, id be down for that.

On topic:

The member count should be whatever the leader can manage. If 10-20 is the max for a leader then that is their max. Excluding a leaders manaing skills, a tribe should generaly be 40-60% of the cap for world 45.

Another method I have used for late game in large tribes is to have 1 Baron per 10-15 players. This way you can manage the tribe more eficiently. I do not suggest this for early game. However, if a mass recruiting tribe did this they could go far. Ofcourse the leaders will need to get along. I used this on w40, worked pretty well.

I personally enjoy leading smaller tribes. I am currently leading BoA* in K55 with 10 members.

Sentrii

Atraxis

Time for lil ole me to weigh in. On this world, 40 members is optimal as a start. It leaves room for bringing in experienced players as they prove themselves. It also allows enough players so that if a few begin to go inactive, you still have a decent roster until they can be replaced.

As for the issue of 200 noobs vs 50 elites.. On w19 STONED took on 5 tribes at once and was victorious. We did this without being able to receive support from outside the tribe and a tribe limit of 40. I think we had about 35-38 mbers at the time. Noobs are noobs, period.

DeletedUser

Was actually more like 900 as about 100 restarted by that point from getting farmed by the rest of the continent...

Yeah that's always the question... it all depends on that. You could take out billions of them if they are really noobish.

DeletedUser

My tribe *FB* is well spread out.Some players in K46 some in K44 and most in K55... 3 different teams.

As well only with 15 members so we're looking for about 40 members.

spleen mage

1 of me > 1 of you, at risk. :lol:

Of course, I suck at TW though...