Out of curiousity...

Shlomzi

Right, I had my art exam this year. Basically the Irish version of the GCSE's...

Anyways, we have to do a project. A sculpture, painting, pottery and a still life and life drawing.

With my sculpture, I messed up the nose/mouth by putting them too close. My teacher told me to separate them so I did, and then she said put a moustache in. I said it would look like Hitler but she said no it wouldn't.

I still think it does..

Sculpture2.jpg

Sculpture.jpg

(The pictures aren't in colour..sorry :|)

What do you guys think?

My whole class found it hilarious as it's:

a) An Irish horse
b) A British riding uniform
c) Hitler

xD

Note: Yes I realise it looks like he's humping the horse.

DeletedUser

I like it XD

The nose and mouth look fine to me (at least from those angles).

Regarding the humping...LORD, NO FURRIES!

Mistress LIghtstar

actually he reminds me of Tom Selleck lol or an Irish jockey racing the Preakness ;)

good sculpture Schlomzi..

DeletedUser

OMG! It is actually Hitler's sculpted doppleganger. XD XD

*fav's this thread for when I need cheering up*

Shlomzi

xD

I remember doing my art project. We got it in October and basically we have to do:

a) Finished painting, sculpture, pottery.
b) Preparation sheet for painting, sculpture, pottery.
c) Support studies for painting, sculpture, pottery.

When it got to Christmas I had only finished my preparation sheet for painting and half finished my painting. Then it was like "Oh Crap, I only have five months left to get the rest of the stuff done".

The preparation sheets are like this:

PaintingPS.jpg

^ Prep sheet for painting

SculpturePS.jpg

^ Prep sheet for sculpture.

You've seen the finished sculpture (unfortunately not in colour) and I didn't take any pictures of my pottery / finished painting. So you can't see them either :icon_wink:

Basically the support studies is where you pick an artist (I chose John Constable for my painting for his excellent artwork and detail in painting clouds and landscape, which is what I based my finished painting of.)

I also used Degas as a support study for my Sculpture as he was extremely interested in horses.

You then basically write a little bit about the artist you chose and write about why you chose them etc. Then include a picture or two of their work. The support studies is easy.

My work isn't of an extremely high standard (art was one of my worst subjects, although I enjoyed it thoroughly) but is of about a C to a B grade. More than likely a C in art, as that is what I have got in all my previous art exams (although not as major as this one), whereas in most I get A's.