Pally weapons - thoughts?

DeletedUser

Honest answer:
I love the cat weapon because I have it. If my target had it, I would loathe it.

qft

And getting back to topic.

I'm actually trying to figure out how to work the scout weapon. It's something I never had.

I mean, you only get the bonus from the weapon if your pally is wearing it and in the battle right?

But what if you send a pally alone with it? Does it go undetected like a scout?

Something that's been puzzling me >.>

DeletedUser

Honest answer:
I love the cat weapon because I have it. If my target had it, I would loathe it.

Heh, yah.That seems to be the general viewpoint.

EN: What do you mean 'undetected'? -squint-

DeletedUser

Lol. They should make a scout weapon where you can send your paladin as a scout into your enemy's village. And nobody can see him.

DeletedUser

Oh! Y'mean like, does it just register as a scout? Hell if I know. Scout me and let's find out. :icon_wink:

You're only what, a week away from me or something? Or ... is that IYA? lol.

Scout a tribe member with pally and let us know. :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

i think that the cat weapon is just amazing and could really affect how one plays the game. The other weapons. well meh i would guess. if you have them good. if not shrug.
ive tried impossible sims for the cat weapon and it really shocks me how strong it is.

How good it is depends on the weapon rules. :lol: ive asked a lot of vets about what exactly the rules were and everyone kept giving me different answers:icon_eek:

basically if it works on support (some ppl say only in the vills that ur pala is "stationed at"), on support in other players vills (some ppl say only in "ur vills"). then it would be omg the most gamechanging weapon ever. yes even in late game. where if done correctly it could stack one entire border.

if no to both of these then its still an awesome item but only for earlygame .

on another note: someone please add the weapon rules to the help or tribal wiki. just the descriptions of the weapons arent really that helpful. instances when they are or they are not active would help a lot.

DeletedUser15106

basically if it works on support (some ppl say only in the vills that ur pala is "stationed at"), on support in other players vills (some ppl say only in "ur vills"). then it would be omg the most gamechanging weapon ever. yes even in late game. where if done correctly it could stack one entire border.

It does, but you have to remember that a tribe of 20, even if everyone has the cat weapon, can only stack 20 villages with cats, which isn't a whole lot late game.

But yep, it'll be a long time yet before it's worth attacking a village stacked with cats and pally cat weapon.

DeletedUser

^^ same......

when attacking a village you want to noble........ and have the bonfire with 225 cats and 50 rams, what do you attack???

you want the village to be intact but to kill the enemy....... rally-point?

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
It would be nice in a multi tec world if the scout was changed so as to see weapons of others as it does nothing extra that a L3 scout can do.

DeletedUser

qft

And getting back to topic.

I'm actually trying to figure out how to work the scout weapon. It's something I never had.

I mean, you only get the bonus from the weapon if your pally is wearing it and in the battle right?

Elite Nite, I found the answer to your question:

Scouts always see all of the villages troops including those that are not at home. (Paladin attacks normal, but defends like a scout so it can only be killed by scouts)

DeletedUser

The question was if the defender sees the paladin as a paladin or as a scout....

DeletedUser

So, save for those 3 minutes I spent in W29, I haven't actually played in a world with pally weapons. I'm finding them a rather curious, if not slightly frustrating, addition to the game.

I'm interested in what everyone thinks about them, and whether you've found any great uses for them, beyond the obvious. I've heard varying opinions from people - mainly to do with the cat/noble/scout weapons, and thought I'd see what you all have to say.

(Apologies if this has been discussed ad nauseum elsewhere, but hey... refer to the whole 'haven't played with pally weapons' point. I also realise the pally progress thread touches on this now and then, but... I thought a fresh thread dedicated to weapons was in order.)

Personally I find the noble sceptre to be juuust about the most pointless addition to the game ever. I'm sure they have some exceptional use in some circumstances, but I'm not finding it all that much of a benefit to know my noble will... definitely lower loyalty X amount. Pretty sure I could bring myself to just... send him a 4th or 5th time if necessary, to take over a village. Or y'know... make a train.
Though I will admit there's probably some pretty good use for the sceptre when it comes to over-nobling other players.
(If anyone wants to refute this and offer examples of how the sceptre is an awesome weapon... I'd more than welcome it. :icon_razz: )

I'm completely torn on the cat weapon. I think it's fantastic for anyone who has it, heh, but it's hellish to try and fight against. Get the cat weapon, noble a workshop bonus village, and you're pretty well set. :icon_eek:
Can't say I've spoken to anyone yet who approves of it, on the whole, lol.

Def weapons... hahah. They amuse me with their token attempts at power.

So far undecided on the cav weapons.

They all have their uses for certain types of situations. In W22, the noble weapon was the first one I found. I found it incredibly usefull when I was still using one noble at a time to take a village. It also greatly increases the chances that a train of four noble will succeed.

I am also a fan of the LC or axe weapon to use with a nuke. Even though to clear a full d village will always take two nukes, the weapon will take out more of the d in the first strike which in turn means you lose less troops from the second nuke.

The defensive weapons are pretty good, especially in a stacked village, though I don't often use them for this.

The ram bonus is great for doing a bunker buster nuke on a stacked village.

It's all about using the right weapon for the right situation. Used correctly, they can be a very powerful tool.

DeletedUser

Vasco's Scepter - The nobleman lowers the loyalty by at least 30. It also raises the fighting power by 30% offensively and by 20% defensively (Nobleman only).

The underlined is what I'm wondering about, does it mean the noble's fighting power is increased, or the army he's fighting with? If it's the latter, then it's a much more useful weapon.

*edit* The simulater implies neither are true

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Elite Nite, I found the answer to your question:

Scouts always see all of the villages troops including those that are not at home. (Paladin attacks normal, but defends like a scout so it can only be killed by scouts)

Thanks fancy :)

DeletedUser

The underlined is what I'm wondering about, does it mean the noble's fighting power is increased, or the army he's fighting with? If it's the latter, then it's a much more useful weapon.

*edit* The simulater implies neither are true

It's the noble himself that gets an increase in their fighting power. This aspect of the weapon is virtually useless.

DeletedUser

It's the noble himself that gets an increase in their fighting power. This aspect of the weapon is virtually useless.

Not if you had an army of 10k nobles, like any skilled player does.

DeletedUser

Not if you had an army of 10k nobles, like any skilled player does.

You seem to forget that only the ultra l33t players have a village with a 1,000,000 population capacity in their farm to have that 10k noble army :)

It requires true ultra l33tness ;)