Pay to win

greenmonsta

I understand TW has been moving to a pay to win model lately. I'm wondering if the casual world is using the same model. Can anyone let me know if casual is offering the option to pay your way through the world? If so it's not really casual and not really worth joining...

Also, does this casual world end? Is there an endgame goal, or does it just keep going? Does it reset every so often?

DeletedUser110464

Casual does use the p2w options, but it's not like it makes the hugest difference ever. If you were to join right now you'd be way far behind to start out with...

As far as endgame settings I don't believe there are any, however it resets at some point I believe. I think there was one round of it and then it got reset at about the beginning of January.

greenmonsta

When it resets, do we have to get rimmed on some other world again?

DeletedUser61220

When it resets, do we have to get rimmed on some other world again?

Hey green, haven't seen you in a few worlds ^_^
This is taken from the wiki guide > "Victory requirements > Person with the highest score at the end of the round"
I don't believe this world will ever end, but it might...as far as P2W, you can use Premium to decrease all build times and you can also buy these flags to do everything from increase production to reduce coin cost.
If a person wanted to spend that much, he could join and dominate a whole k in just a few months
After 4 years on W38, I just wanted something "Casual" ^_~

greenmonsta

Yeah I stopped playing TW around 2 years ago, getting a bit bored of the current MMO I've been playing since I've completed the endgame and just waiting for the next updates to show, so I thought I would have a go at this new casual world.

Waiting to be nobled on W66 so I can join here though. I was asking about P2W because I would have actually tried to log in more than once a day and be competitive here if it wasn't P2W. I'll probably join anyway, see how long I last. Should be fun.

Do you have a tribe or suggested direction I can join if I manage to get myself nobled?

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Yes man... join this world... have some fun.... and grow at your own pace. Remember to make a huge warehouse where you leave..... because you start with a full warehouse. Ask your attacker to spare the HQ and the buildings as you will roll over and die easily....LOL> you also retain your coins. Shoot me a mail when you start.... I will send you a few nice jokes and some big huggs to wipe the tears because of your normal TW world loss....LOL.

Your attacker will not believe it though.... because the serious boys simply cannot understand how anyone can play this game without wanting to win....LOL>

DeletedUser61220

I'm hanging out down southwest in K62 trying to get 1 more resource flag so I can trade up(3 of the same) in my biggest village...then should be able to get a coin a day. Flags are adding a new twist to playing ^_^

greenmonsta

I actually like the flags, I played a bit when they were added. So far I don't have that many though, I have one resource flag ;_;

DeletedUser101094

Ahh Greenmonsta, I remember you from world 32. You may remember me as Light One. Look forward to seeing you around ;) hit me up in game. "AngelicDemise"

greenmonsta

Ah yes I do remember you, from the good old Hostile days.

Also it's really hard to get myself nobled. I'm building up mines and HQ and warehouse and not getting noticed.

DeletedUser

Kinda hard to get used too....not sure i like that fact that you cant attack anyone that is 120% higher or lower then you. makes it kinda boring. You honestly...at start up...have to noble almost all barbs....cause you cant noble anyone that is surrounding you....cause you cant noble someone first village.

It is not what typical TW (or what an elite player) would be used too....took me awhile to be ok with nobling a barb :p

Now...it is kinda fun!!!

I would suggest...taking over a bigger account on a different world....Store a LOT of coins...and then let someone noble all the villages....saving the biggest and best for last. That is the best way to start out in this world.

DeletedUser

Too true, I found it very frustrating starting with 800 points and no coins, watching players walk in with a 10k village and noble 10 barbs within 10 days, thinking they are a great player. Was so annoying!

DeletedUser110464

I started out with a 2k point villa and 0 coins stored. Obviously the other players in the area were growing faster than me at first, but me with my l33t skills of half an hour of activity per day I've passed all of them up by a lot.

DeletedUser101094

I started with a 2k villa and no coins. Yet Im now top 60 (ish) and top 5 OD.

;)

DeletedUser110464

^this...from what I've seen from howling he's very loyal and doesn't give up easy...