Pay to win

DeletedUser117534

PAY TO WIN? - CASE OF TEH NINJA

After a phenomenal day of farming (89K on our 5[SUP]th[/SUP] day of play) I had a look at the player ranking and I almost couldn’t believe it. The top player with 3 villages already while another 2 players with completed academies. I had to sit down for a moment and ask myself are we doing something wrong?
The account has 4 people covering it 24/7 and all of us are fully committed to LC farming. We have started late into 6[SUP]th[/SUP] of Feb having a gap to Teh Ninja of 2.5 days and he managed to be over 6000 points ahead?!

I know 2 speed worlds are fast but that is just ridiculous. At this stage I had 200,000 looted in 2,200 farm runs and I thought that is a very good result.

I looked at Ninja’s area and it is a condensed core territory where farming must be very difficult.
So the only reasonable answer to my wonders is, Ninja is paying for resources.

I went to the premium exchange and I was amazed. Every time I tried to calculate exchange rate for available resources they were gone before I was able to enter the number and press confirm.

Now I understand where his name comes from, Ninja as he must be sitting still 24/7 at his computer buying every resource that becomes available ;)

Can anyone tell me is there any other way he could have grown 7k points in 8 days?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser116812

Well.. Based on the new feature at ranking.. Ninja did farms a lot mate, in fact he's third rank so far with 166529 loots yesterday

3 Teh Ninja
53736_thumb
CANDY
166.529yesterday

And so far he's the most active at plunder as well, 4861 plunder yesterday

1 Teh Ninja
53736_thumb
CANDY
4.861yesterday

Combine with the power of PP, of course he's going to have exceeded res.. However i believe he's going to start selling his res for PP anytime soon, to earn back what he spent these past days

Last edited by a moderator:

Forgotten

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
The only way to grow that fast is to buy resources , it's a good thin he has the PP to be able to afford , I'm sure at some point he will net be able to spend like that unless he is selling the quantity in another world to support this world ...

Only thing I can say is I hope some tribe gangs up on him , he will be one mad player after spending that kind of pp LOL

tman93

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
You should also wonder about our lord king Tudadar. He had like 2.5k points before his beginner protection wore off. lol.

DeletedUser99565

lord tudadar, I fight in his name. Although he is only playing two months he shall forever be my king and BAE.

#AllHailTudadar

DeletedUser117534

Well.. Based on the new feature at ranking.. Ninja did farms a lot mate, in fact he's third rank so far with 166529 loots yesterday

3 Teh Ninja
53736_thumb
CANDY
166.529yesterday

And so far he's the most active at plunder as well, 4861 plunder yesterday

1 Teh Ninja
53736_thumb
CANDY
4.861yesterday

Combine with the power of PP, of course he's going to have exceeded res.. However i believe he's going to start selling his res for PP anytime soon, to earn back what he spent these past days

Thanks for sharing that info. It is indeed very good farming considering his area.

He must recruited unbelievable amount of LC or all other players gave up farming all together.

Now how would you explain the gap between The Ninja and the other top players who I bet are also farming and buying resources?

DeletedUser118341

All of them are buying resources, yes ofcourse. And have spent a lot of pp.

You don't actually have to spend on these worlds. However I would argue that unless you are also using your pp to your advantage then you haven't thought through how to play a world such as this.

FamousInferno

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I feel this is a topic I have a fair bit of information in, having played a large amount of worlds at start up, and consistently remaining in the top 25 as a solo account through clever premium spending I can hopefully shed some light.

First off, let me preface this with the fact that the players in the top 25 aren't necessarily wasting premium points or using them inefficiently. As someone who is currently ranked 8th, I can say that I have not bought a single resource from the market, I can also say my activity has been abysmal this world. What gives me such high rankings is clever strategy regarding my use of premium points. I don't want to give away too much information regarding my playstyle as this is a strategy I'm still working on refining, but it is entirely possible to use the "premium" resource efficiently. I have spent roughly 2000 premium points this world, (Once again nothing spent on buying resources), yet it would take me less than 17 hours of selling resources to the exchange to re-earn that 2000 premium points and make a profit! 17 hours!

If I stopped all activity and just starting selling resources I would have over 8000 premium points made from this world in less than 5 days. Most likely much much more. This is a solo account by the way. In fact I have done exactly this in worlds 76, 78 and 82. Netting me a total of 50,000 premium points. So when players use premium points, it's an essential an investment. A great example of this is the player that was rank 1 on that tombola world, do you remember that world that the top 3 players all had nobled during the first 3 days, while in bp? I recall spending 10,000 premium that world, and I also recall making 20,000 back in the following week. By efficiently using premium, you can use it to make more premium, reducing the cost of upgrades when it is worthwhile, and reducing the time of mine upgrades for instance, when the time saved producing at a higher level covers the cost of the 10 premium used.

Now, keep in mind I've maintained a top 10 account with only 2000 premium points spent, I'm sure if I had spent something like 10,000 premium it would be very very easy to maintain the rank 1 account. And even then, with that much premium spent it's still likely that one is going to end up making much much more back. I believe this is what teh ninja is doing, what intrigues me is the their growth very early on in the world. Having followed their growth closely for the first few days they had something like ~2000 looted as their very best for the day, yet were currently rank 1, which means they were doing some serious resource buying. Even if one was to make optimised upgrades and use the reduced cost premium function excessively their growth still would not be that of Teh Ninja's (I am not 100% sure but I'm like 99% sure). This means that Teh Ninja has to be buying a large amount of resources from the exchange, but what interests me is the lack of resources available to purchase on the exchange, when I look at the exchange right now I see a total of 215 resources available to purchase, and at start up (first three days) I barely saw more than 100 resources at a time. This means either Teh Ninja is refreshing that screen excessively, or alternatively he is working in coordination with people selling resources and is instantly buying. I feel this has to be the case, I'm not sure if that really counts as boosting or anything. But Teh Ninja is definitely getting to the premium exchange resources before everyone else, at least at the very start of the world. And if someone is letting him know when they put their resources up, it sure gives him a big advantage at getting them first.

Sorry, wall of text is a bit of a mess, and a bit of this is my speculation. I'd love it if Teh Ninja could clarify any of the following and shed some light. Also fairly curious to see how much others have spent. I'm happy disclosing the fact that I have spent 2000, as I think it's completely rational to spend that much if I can make it back that quick and I know other players have spent far, far more on other worlds. (P.s most I've seen spent on start up was 80,000)

Edit: Also want to add, playing sim city on a world with such settings is completely viable. In a very competitive area, when you know you can't be active enough to have an offensive account. I think it is viable to pretty much play as a turtle and max pits. I'm fairly confident I have the most - 5th most defensive troops this world.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

He could potentially be cheating having accounts that he is farming that are his own, not accusing him but could always be a possibility

tman93

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
[SPOIL]
I feel this is a topic I have a fair bit of information in, having played a large amount of worlds at start up, and consistently remaining in the top 25 as a solo account through clever premium spending I can hopefully shed some light.

First off, let me preface this with the fact that the players in the top 25 aren't necessarily wasting premium points or using them inefficiently. As someone who is currently ranked 8th, I can say that I have not bought a single resource from the market, I can also say my activity has been abysmal this world. What gives me such high rankings is clever strategy regarding my use of premium points. I don't want to give away too much information regarding my playstyle as this is a strategy I'm still working on refining, but it is entirely possible to use the "premium" resource efficiently. I have spent roughly 2000 premium points this world, (Once again nothing spent on buying resources), yet it would take me less than 17 hours of selling resources to the exchange to re-earn that 2000 premium points and make a profit! 17 hours!

If I stopped all activity and just starting selling resources I would have over 8000 premium points made from this world in less than 5 days. Most likely much much more. This is a solo account by the way. In fact I have done exactly this in worlds 76, 78 and 82. Netting me a total of 50,000 premium points. So when players use premium points, it's an essential an investment. A great example of this is the player that was rank 1 on that tombola world, do you remember that world that the top 3 players all had nobled during the first 3 days, while in bp? I recall spending 10,000 premium that world, and I also recall making 20,000 back in the following week. By efficiently using premium, you can use it to make more premium, reducing the cost of upgrades when it is worthwhile, and reducing the time of mine upgrades for instance, when the time saved producing at a higher level covers the cost of the 10 premium used.

Now, keep in mind I've maintained a top 10 account with only 2000 premium points spent, I'm sure if I had spent something like 10,000 premium it would be very very easy to maintain the rank 1 account. And even then, with that much premium spent it's still likely that one is going to end up making much much more back. I believe this is what teh ninja is doing, what intrigues me is the their growth very early on in the world. Having followed their growth closely for the first few days they had something like ~2000 looted as their very best for the day, yet were currently rank 1, which means they were doing some serious resource buying. Even if one was to make optimised upgrades and use the reduced cost premium function excessively their growth still would not be that of Teh Ninja's (I am not 100% sure but I'm like 99% sure). This means that Teh Ninja has to be buying a large amount of resources from the exchange, but what interests me is the lack of resources available to purchase on the exchange, when I look at the exchange right now I see a total of 215 resources available to purchase, and at start up (first three days) I barely saw more than 100 resources at a time. This means either Teh Ninja is refreshing that screen excessively, or alternatively he is working in coordination with people selling resources and is instantly buying. I feel this has to be the case, I'm not sure if that really counts as boosting or anything. But Teh Ninja is definitely getting to the premium exchange resources before everyone else, at least at the very start of the world. And if someone is letting him know when they put their resources up, it sure gives him a big advantage at getting them first.

Sorry, wall of text is a bit of a mess, and a bit of this is my speculation. I'd love it if Teh Ninja could clarify any of the following and shed some light. Also fairly curious to see how much others have spent. I'm happy disclosing the fact that I have spent 2000, as I think it's completely rational to spend that much if I can make it back that quick and I know other players have spent far, far more on other worlds. (P.s most I've seen spent on start up was 80,000)

Edit: Also want to add, playing sim city on a world with such settings is completely viable. In a very competitive area, when you know you can't be active enough to have an offensive account. I think it is viable to pretty much play as a turtle and max pits. I'm fairly confident I have the most - 5th most defensive troops this world.
[/SPOIL]

I would be very interested to see an in depth guide to use PP effectively. Especially now since there will only be p2w worlds from now on.

DeletedUser118341

Its not that hard to work out how to use pp, to make pp. Or atleast to break even.

There are many features you can get using PP. Spending pp on one, to make pp using another is generally the way to go.

tman93

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Its not that hard to work out how to use pp, to make pp. Or atleast to break even.

There are many features you can get using PP. Spending pp on one, to make pp using another is generally the way to go.

Obvious obviousness is obvious. (think)

Hence why I was asking for more 'in depth.' To see what kinds of things I can do differently for better results.

Deleted User - 4669627

Especially now since there will only be p2w worlds from now on.

i am not accusing morthy of lying, but he was wrong when he made that announcement. the next non-p2w world will be very limited, it will be a test of demand which results will then be used for the next non-p2w world. i will be posting a new thread soon which will explain this.

also, anybody who might actually BUY pp, or who has masters pp, should hit me up on skype before purchasing pp.

DeletedUser

I Am teh Ninja ^^ Brad! You looking at this? so you think I'm still PP Farming eh? XD!

DeletedUser116812

I'm still new to this game and haven't made a name for myself however i wanna share my experiences in playing PP

at W82 if i'm not mistake, i use 4000 PP to boosted my account into top 2 at the continent, raised it into 6 villages, boosted mines into the highest level

the next week i traded all of my excessive res for a whole week (ofc after i queued my troops) and earned like 35K PP..

but of course that's before the new premium feature (last time PP trading is by making market trade)

twenty-five

The amounts I know have been spent on some of the top accounts I wouldn't call sensible or efficient use, but at the same time those accounts can spin a profit if they so desire. This is the game now, you'll have people world hop, p2w hard, get high ranks, sell and move on. It's fairly straightforward, and the easiest way to make premium is to have premium (well more accurately have a lead on the rest of the world (in terms of pits or troops) so you have a really nice supply whilst demand is still high).

DeletedUser83995

His high ODA is a good indicator that he has a couple high level mines for farms aswell which will bring in a ton of resources while farming.