Pay to win

DeletedUser

I don't understand why you're upset about this.

If you truly cared, you wouldn't have joined this world.

Just play on.

DeletedUser

you do have a point, but apparently all worlds are going to be pay2win so not sure what choice we have now

DeletedUser

There is no choice. I imagine the game will, over time, increasingly favor PP farming and disparage the players who first started on TW during non-P2W features.

Do I agree with P2W features? No.

Will I focus a player because he takes advantages of a system built into the game? No.

He is only using the tools that are at all of our disposal, but the rest of the community thinks it's unfair because they are not willing to incorporate their monetary assets to doing the same. However, using a premium account is already a massive advantage over normal accounts, scripts are at a point that you honestly just can't compete in farming, dodging, sniping, and the like. How can you dodge a backtime without a script with a 1 second window? It's impossible.

That being said, I don't like the features. Not a bit. But it's hypocritical of me and everyone else to think it's unfair and make complaints about it.

Thing is, most every person can come to that rationale on their own. However, this point puts a spot light on him that OP hopes will make people focus tehNinja and take out a potential, future threat.

I see this post not as a negative of premium spending, but as a negative of the propaganda 4 players who are willingly spreading and trying to create bias against a guy who is honestly very nice.

But hey, what do I know?

I am only simple potato farmer.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser113795

More then pay to win I hate this "The account has 4 people covering it 24/7 " this kills good game more then pay to win!!! It shud be 1 person per 1 acc that s it. Not 4 people playing it...its killing game to catch people offline and its advantage in farming. They shud make only 1 IP for one acc and let see then who is good. 4 players playing one acc is pathetic!!!

DeletedUser

dont like the 24/7 game time go play on a different server .net isnt not for you

twenty-five

How can you dodge a backtime without a script with a 1 second window? It's impossible.

No it's not dodging 1 second backtimes is ezpz even without premium... infact I have no idea what script you would be using for dodging backtimes, but I can't really think of anything there that a (legal) script would help with. Regardless, scripts can be run from bookmarks. The point that section of post is making though is somewhat right, obviously the normal premium account is very useful but it's just a (real life) time saver whereas the p2w features provide resources/(in-game)time that would not be gained otherwise. They are on entirely different levels to how much they affect/unbalance the game.

More then pay to win I hate this "The account has 4 people covering it 24/7 " this kills good game more then pay to win!!! It shud be 1 person per 1 acc that s it. Not 4 people playing it...its killing game to catch people offline and its advantage in farming. They shud make only 1 IP for one acc and let see then who is good. 4 players playing one acc is pathetic!!!

The fact people are still saying this genuinely astounds me, there are plenty of reasons this does not work. Stated in various threads raised about this topic previously. Whether that's a good thing or not doesn't really matter, something that isn't feasible is not feasible... it doesn't matter how much you or others might want it.

Deleted User - 4669627

apparently all worlds are going to be pay2win so not sure what choice we have now
There is no choice. I imagine the game will, over time, increasingly favor PP farming and disparage the players who first started on TW during non-P2W features.

Do I agree with P2W features? No..
:icon_rolleyes:

i am not accusing morthy of lying, but he was wrong when he made that announcement. the next non-p2w world will be very limited, it will be a test of demand which results will then be used for the next non-p2w world. i will be posting a new thread soon which will explain this.

also, anybody who might actually BUY pp, or who has masters pp, should hit me up on skype before purchasing pp.

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
made the following suggestion in the Suggestions and Discussions Forum
it may solve most of the problems people seem to have with Premium exchange/Pay 2 win
well just though I would add it here aswel :)

-------------------------------------

been seeing a lot about premium exchange, pay 2 win, etc.... of late
so thought I would make a simple suggestion

would it be possible to restrict access to the Premium exchange for either:
the first 30 days of a world [regardless of start time]??
or even better
could all players be restricted from using the premium exchange for 30 days after they join the world??

that way players will be less likely to have nobles within a week of beginning the game [including Beginner Protection]
and they will have to go back to farming for resources, this will give everyone the exact same starting point and potential growth [based on activity]

some players may like the idea, others will probably hate it
but either way its just an idea
take care

tman93

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
would it be possible to restrict access to the Premium exchange for either:
the first 30 days of a world [regardless of start time]??
or even better
could all players be restricted from using the premium exchange for 30 days after they join the world??

that way players will be less likely to have nobles within a week of beginning the game [including Beginner Protection]
and they will have to go back to farming for resources, this will give everyone the exact same starting point and potential growth [based on activity]

some players may like the idea, others will probably hate it
but either way its just an idea
take care

I think 30 days is a little large, but I do believe you're on the right track to a more fair start up. I personally like the idea tbh.

Last edited by a moderator:

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I think 30 days is a little large, but I do believe you're on the right track to a more fair start up. I personally like the idea tbh.

chose 30 days since its a nice round numbers
could probably even have the same effect anywhere down to 10days

so far your the only one who atleast likes the idea
so thank you :)

DeletedUser

My mines alone make +750k a day.

Teh ninjas mines would be making a shit ton more than that.

Farming alone isn't going to allow you to catch up any time soon..

DeletedUser

See to be honest, I don't think the whole pay to win thing is that big a deal.

If used correctly it certainly speeds up your growth at the beginning of the world, absolutely. But it's not going to win the world. Fast forward 3 months, and no established player should need to buy resources, especially if your tribe steers clear of difficult wars. And once you hit that stage, being good at the game will be much more important than being able to buy resources.

It's really more like pay 2 get a head start than pay to win.

DeletedUser64969

No it's not dodging 1 second backtimes is ezpz even without premium... infact I have no idea what script you would be using for dodging backtimes, but I can't really think of anything there that a (legal) script would help with. Regardless, scripts can be run from bookmarks. The point that section of post is making though is somewhat right, obviously the normal premium account is very useful but it's just a (real life) time saver whereas the p2w features provide resources/(in-game)time that would not be gained otherwise. They are on entirely different levels to how much they affect/unbalance the game.

The fact people are still saying this genuinely astounds me, there are plenty of reasons this does not work. Stated in various threads raised about this topic previously. Whether that's a good thing or not doesn't really matter, something that isn't feasible is not feasible... it doesn't matter how much you or others might want it.

you don't need a script to dodge +100ms backtimes, just setup tabs.....

and these p2w things are great make 1k pp a day without trying, kinda wished I bought some PP at the start now, would of made it back easy enough

Psihic

Not sure but from what I know, not a single world has had a mass p2w player in the top rankings at the end.

Deleted User - 4669627

i do not play p2w worlds, but its clear that p2w is redefining our traditional views of barb-nobling, allow me to explain

typically, the fastest nobling in non-p2w worlds took about 17 days, rarely was it ever done in 14 days, it never occurred in less
in this world, teh ninja nobled on his 7th day :icon_eek:

even that player who nobled at 14 days in non-p2w worlds had much smaller targets to choose from than the guy who nobled the 21st day as most "good" players did
nobling early meant exponentially more immature targets

so when teh ninja nobled that first bonus village (not barb), it was not a choice between a 200 point barb or a 2k point player, it was a choice between a 200 point bonus village and maybe a 600 point player
clearly it is not only cheaper and faster to get from 200-600 vs going from 600 to 1k, but it being a p2w world, the rate was increased even faster
add to that the lack of troop loss when he had only a week to build troops

traditionally, nobling a barb for your first village has been a noob move, but now the noob move is NOT to noble a bonus village first, several if you have the chance

let me finish by pointing this out...

1b867fb5a93d79b583e994a831b43857.png

a week ago he had 2 villages, 1 big, 1 small, low troops
1 week later he has 6 villages

05e395df16daa80c8adc38bdca64ec2d.png

basically all bigger than virtually any player being nobled right now
and he has gained less than 1k OD

well played T.N, you did not try to apply traditional strategy to a new game, nor did you bow to the social conventions the traditional ways had chiseled into rock
no mate, you were a visionary and did not kowtow to public image, but rather blazed a new path and showed us all how the game should be played at this point

i, for one, salute you and thank you, if i want to play a p2w world in the future, i have seen the way that is clear
for those who do not see what is going to happen next, t.n is about to blow up like a supernova! (or even a red dwarf ;)
i do not need to be a prophet to know teh ninja is the 1 person in the world finishing his second train, duh?
he has solid troops and solid production and nobody is taking rank 1 for a very long time (at least)

well-played sir, but i do have 1 question said the grass-hopper to the master
twstats shows you as being on 6 villages for 4 days, but it also shows only 4 conquerors

55f00e6ff00e9d42a2845c11153bce91.png

HOW did you do THAT?!

giphy.gif