Pay to win?

Tricky557

Hello,

I used to play this game a long time ago (world 8) and was considering coming back and giving it another round.

I made a test village on world 94 to try and get familiar with the new changes. It seems you can now spend premium points to get in game advantages such as building cost discounts, build time reductions,etc. This seems pretty pay to win to me.

Can free players compete with people who throw money at the game?

petemoss13

If you do not pay to play at the beginning of the world you are going to be a farm period, a free player does not stand a chance. I purchase PP later in the game when I have multiple villages to manage but I refuse to pay with 1 village so if TW does not do something to resolve this, as soon as the world that I am currently in ends, I will take my money elsewhere and find another game to play, bye bye TW.

Upvote 0

Anaconda

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Farming for premium points (pp) is the best way to go. Do not have to spend a single dime on game. Every other game of this genre will cost you a whole lot more than what you pay here. And I disagree. You can still be competitive in this game and not spend one bit of real money. Time is the real currency in this game. Spend lots of time in startup or it will be tough to succeed, regardless how much moola you drop into the bucket.

Upvote 0

Shirah25

I'd also be allot more interested in playing this again if they brought back the old rules and no pay to play...and ofc some of the old players(actually hope you all have a life now instead of this!). Seriously look how boring this is now...even the forums are dead.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser120081

Farming for premium points (pp) is the best way to go. Do not have to spend a single dime on game. Every other game of this genre will cost you a whole lot more than what you pay here. And I disagree. You can still be competitive in this game and not spend one bit of real money. Time is the real currency in this game. Spend lots of time in startup or it will be tough to succeed, regardless how much moola you drop into the bucket.
Problem with this it's relatively hard for newer players to get into the game and actively have to do that first it also destroys the community in a way and increases the chance of players finding the game but quitting early on since they have no chance to adapt

Upvote 0

dirtypunk77

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I restarted in w95 after leaving this game awhile ago... had some good good times in W3... game and forum was vary active and loads of fun. boy how this game has changed... I thought it would be fun again... it was for a few weeks then everything kinda just slipped.... the worlds are pretty dead and run by a few... the worlds are small and die out pretty fast... back then in W3 I didt pay and still was able to hang with the big boys considering back then we all only had like 20 villa each during those times since there was a huge amount of players still active (W3 filled up with in a year all sections).... once that world grew we all bought prem to deal with the small 40 or 50 villas we had lol... this game has gone down hill and not so much because of the new features which I kinda like but because the lack of players something has to be done to bring in new players and keep them active. the learning curve is pretty hard for new people but I also think after 10yrs there is more competition with other like minded games then TW... I miss W3 :(

Upvote 0

Olve

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
The difference between W3 and now isnt premium functions or players, so many of us have learned to play the game close to perfection. Set anyone from now into W3 and they would have held rank 1 by miles bcs.
Aswell the game has simplified farming, simplified defence, simplified village managment, list goes on. Doing 12000 farming attacks a day is not very time consuming nowadays, imagine doing that before :)

The problem TW has is that the good players are so much better than the new ones, and lead to it being hard for new players to get into the game.

Upvote 0

Anaconda

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
"the lack of players something has to be done to bring in new players and keep them active. the learning curve is pretty hard for new people but I also think after 10yrs there is more competition with other like minded games then TW." When TW first came out we did not have the mind boggling plethora of games our there like we do today. For TW to even still be around is a credit to a good game. I also have played many games of this genre and they all cost far more than TW1. At least Tribal Wars HAS as medium to exchange resources for premium points. Try Dragons of Atlantis or sadly Tribal Wars 2 -- and you will learn what a real pay to win game is all about.

Problem with this it's relatively hard for newer players to get into the game and actively have to do that first it also destroys the community (So many already pp farm.) in a way and increases the chance of players finding the game but quitting early on since they have no chance to adapt. They have no chance to adapt for many reasons, not just premium points. They have no chance against a good player, do not spend the needed time this game requires, do not have the skills to thwart an attack, never join a decent tribe, etc. Laying the blame purely on spending premium points is simply not the whole picture.

"The problem TW has is that the good players are so much better than the new ones, and lead to it being hard for new players to get into the game."
This is indeed a huge issue and without addressing this specific point the game will not grow. Maybe some form of new player school, advertised by InnoGames will help bring game play up some. I have indeed tossed around starting some form of learning program for new players. What does the community think of this idea?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dirtypunk77

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I actually think the game was harder back then... you had multiple tribes and alliances with multiple epic players around the world filled in with skilled players, noobs, causal players, and everything in between. Then the emergence of family tribes became a thing. Then everyone groaned about that... I love TW which is why I always come back to play a world time to time. But this time around the game is so disconnected to what it was... it was harder back then because I actually stuck around for 5 years playing multiple worlds some leadership roles and leaving TW for other games with friends I made here all at the same time. Taking care of multiple accounts took most of my free time and life lol! now the world doesn't even break past the outter core... but no doubt players now are far more savvy and far more advance in their tactics then we were... But it seems that the only way to get ahead is to get in the right tribe that seems to be already pre made before the world is even made... There's countless noobs I run into in the worlds that just get pawned and no doubt leave due to being kicked out... pay to win doesn't really matter in this game... because no amount of money will beat the elites... because you are right... its time and effort that matters in this game... I mean you'll still need the features and gotta pay for those but doesn't mean you'll win...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DeletedUser120081

Used to play back in 2007 when I was just 9 sadly enough twstats doesn't show my statics but I never got over like 15 villages probably quit when I was 11 I believe. I just knew the basics when I joined the .net servers on w91. I couldn't snipe didn't know how to send trains just knew a bit about sizes a nuke should be and that's pretty much it

A big part for players like me is that the community people helped me getting started and I've gotten relatively far (even though I spend like 20 euro on pp for market exchange to keep in range with bigger pp boosters) and so I helped others by protecting players that are either on the rim so they can learn the game and try to get them into bigger tribes from there

( I know w91 isn't the greatest example due to all inactivity people deleting and such... ) but I currently grew out to 4.8 million points with the same people I worked with from the beginning unless they quit due to irl issues, have sat some huge accounts relatively quickly when I was still small due to decent sized mid-game ops with an account that had little to no def in the area)

So yes the game is relatively easy but you just need the right people to play with and hope someone actually wants to help you when you start off teach you and stick with you.. PP doesn't win the game teamwork does after all.

But actual nice people helping to get me started with another guy with just the small things like certain scripts or just tips on how I should change my gameplay made me stay. also why I don't really like the idea of full premade tribes take some new players in and teach them the game, after all... it will be more fun with more people right

( Hope I make some sort of sense drunk... )

Upvote 0