Pay to win?

Loek

So just wondering..

How much pay to win has this game become? I see you can get 20% production increase, less construction time, less recruitment time etc etc..

It wasnt always like this, was it?

DivineWind

Reaction score
Nope. in the og days all premium point did was give you your premium account, so people bought that and skill took care of the rest. now you have people skyrocketing to the tops of worlds using pp. not sure when the change took place, i quit the game for years before coming back ~90 to dip my toes back in the water and it was how it is now.

whether its pay to win or not really depends on how you look at it. its undeniable that pp use gives you an extreme advantage in the early game, but its only going to carry you to the win if you were skilled enough to get there easily. the heaviest pp usage will always be in the early game to get a leg up on your opponents. but with so many people using it, by the time any world gets to the mid-end game, any serious contenders for the win are going to have a pretty heavy pp usage on average, so it more separates a world into two types of players than anything else and that hurts casual players.

unfortunately its part of the game now, and its highly unlikely that thats going to change, Inno make too much money off it. just got to get on board with the idea that this game is now pay to win to a certain degree.

that said you can spend all the money you like, if you havent got the right tribe behind you with the right skill level to back up their wallets then you have as much chance of winning the world as a mass invite tribe with no previous game experience.

dirtypunk77

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
The above post is spot on. But you don't have to spend much to get a good lead. With skill and great players and skill backing you up you'll be able to climb fast and hold on to those leads. This is my first core since the older days and no doubt I had to PP a few things to just keep up. But troops still win wars...

DeletedUser81551

Although PP helps but its not like you have to spend loads of PP or you can never win any world.

In w98 my account spent 0 pp for start up and finished 7th.

In w97 Creati there are accounts who have spent little to no PP and yet are having top ranks. Like Alpha, war-peace etc.

If you pp farm on 3-4 worlds you can easily bag 15-20k pp. So anyone can buy resource production buffs very easily.

DeletedUser119197

ive always imagined a non haul HP :( ive never played one before maybe dad can make it happen? lol

Deleted User - 10770065

Please bring back another non pp no hauls like w100 or even a non pp hauls worlds too.

DeletedUser119197

Previous HP was no-haul bud. It's going to take a few before we do it again ;)

im too new :D but i wanna see these things instead of hearing the stories ;) why cant i live the dream instead of listening to the dreamers :|

DeletedUser119197

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy im gone for like 7 months and this happens :(

jayjayjay68

I Play W100 and this world, both totally different. But PP worlds are fun. This is my first real one doing PP. Lucky I have a rich uncle, and we saved heavy for W100 and did not need it :)

DeletedUser121485

Having lots of PP doesn't automatically mean you will do better than others. It does give you a fair shot though.
Using PP the "right way" seems to be the new challenge. There are lots of different tactics of using your PP.
You can use it to increase your scavenge income by 20%, you can use it to decrease building costs with -20%. Obviously there's the -50% building times that are possible.
You can rush your warehouse to lvl30 and use the 30% - 40% resource packages that you can win during events.

PP is here and is here to stay, I was reluctant at first but if you can't beat them, you have to join them and farm up some PP on new worlds where you are not planning to play for real.
Then use that PP to give you a nice push in the back and adapt.