Rejected Performance Issues.

kvaea

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a number of points to raise and a few questions too.
The problems I am dealing with may not be relevant to you, these are things that I believe are primarily affecting speed worlds. Understanding that speed is not a primary concern to Innogames from a marketing perspective however there may still be an easy fix here.

Somewhere in recent times there has been a change made in TW mechanics that has slowed the game as a whole. Since I began playing you were able to send an attack from the map and resend it immediately upon its return whilst watching the clock. That is no longer possible, you must wait an entire second after your troops have returned to send your attack or as a consequence, troops that have been building the the barracks during this time will not be included in the attack when you try to resend upon return OR only the troops that have been built during the farm run will be included in the attack. Can someone shed some light on this? Maybe there is patch notes somewhere that I have missed?

The next issue, which may relate to the first, navigating the Tribalwars UI feels much slower, I can refresh the page and navigate the UI much faster than the webpage can refresh. This issue has always been somewhat present, however it has massively increased over recent times. For example, whenever a farm run is out and the troops are returning instead of the page refreshing on point of troops return it will freeze and eventually show a large group of commands on 0 seconds rather than removing the commands and showing the troops in the village. I must manually refresh the page. Which causes the webpage to respond by lagging.

My theory is that is has something to do with most recent updates to the user interface, the page now has to process more graphical images and is generally more cluttered than before. I have had to remove as much graphics as possible in settings, hiding commands while playing and basically doing everything to reduce the webpage processes as possible with varying degrees of success, sometimes its good and sometimes it still bad.

Bot protection is incompatible with speed, being prompted dozens of times over the space of a few hours and taking the time to solve them translates to hours worth of time if you were to scale it with the speed of a normal world. That is not good enough, it is a broken feature. Naturally bug as hell too.

The in game chat; Does more even need to be said? Its broke af. It literally just blocks you out for several minutes at a time. It is like Tribalwars has limited user processes but then flooded the user with UI processes just resulting in a bloody mess.

Maybe it is server issues, maybe it is a combination of both? I don't know. Many people have brought up these issues to me. People are spending so much money on this game too. What gives, why are issues not being addressed?

I believe that speed is becoming more and more incompatible with the modern state of TW as its mechanics are not be considered during updates. My proposal is that Tribalwars speed be ran on a previously restored version of TW when these bugs and issues were not so prevalent. Speed feeling slow more than anything else these days.

Tldr: I suggest running speed on a previous version of Tribalwars, the original design of speed was based on a previous version of Tribalwars, it is becoming less compatible.

Last edited:

kvaea

Reaction score
On another note, the ability to export game settings through a saved code would also be a nice quality of life improvement for speed too.

Last edited:

HotLikeDat

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Could not agree more. I know from chats on discord speed is not a top priority, but these should be relatively easy fixes.

Have experienced all of these and tbh, regret not posting sooner.

--> In game chat is majorly buggy for speed. Sometimes on normal worlds you get sent a message and it doesnt appear, ok it's not perfect, but you go to mails when you realise after a few minutes or whatever and read it and it's not a big deal. In speed the consequence of such a bug can cost villages, and has done in the past, and will continue to do so. you copy and paste key times, backtime/train times etc, and ur tribemates not seeing it for a few minutes is devastating.

--> The performance issues relating to farming from the map, man i feel this so bad.
Since I began playing you were able to send an attack from the map and resend it immediately upon its return whilst watching the clock. That is no longer possible, you must wait an entire second after your troops have returned to send your attack or as a consequence, troops that have been building the the barracks during this time will not be included in the attack when you try to resend upon return OR only the troops that have been built during the farm run will be included in the attack.

What happens with me every round, multiple times.
E.g. I have 20 spears currently in my village with more queued in the barrkacks. I send the 20spears out in a template (A=20sp). I see the attack will return in 12 seconds, I know that in 12 seconds I will have 5 new spears! So I change A=25spears and go and wait on the map. The troops return, I click A, it says I dont have the troops (even though I literally do). I refresh the map, try again - still says I dont have the troops. The only way for me to fix this is to reload my village/barracks/rally page, see the 25 troops exist, and then it lets me send them. Cant explain how majorly annoying this is to non-speeders but man, it's a real grate.

Maybe the devs can patch these bugs, cause I really feel they are bugs rather than suggestions/improvements. It's the games existing platforms not working as well as required.

HLD

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
I sent this for review to our developers, but maintaining a different game setup for just speed is just not doable, and therefore this suggestion is rejected.