Personal chronicles...

DeletedUser

Post the chronicle of your time in TW.

Feel free to continue through multiple accounts if you've switched around.

To be on topic, with the hope that the moderators will enforce this, please consider these guidelines:
Focus on yourself. What you did and why. Include context around your decisions/motives as you like.

You're welcome to ask clarifying questions of others, but please don't turn it into a discussion or argument about the accuracy or rightness or wrongness of their perspective. Please don't take this as license, however, to make go off the deep-end making things up.

For those who've deleted, wrapping up with a brief "What I'm doing during my TW vacation" would be interesting.

Some possibly pertinent details to include:
What K you started in.
What Ks you had major presences in along the way - and whether or not you held them.
What leadership roles you had in any tribes...
Epic successes and failures...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Started in K26 in one of the BA-I tribes. Didn't really have a clue what I was doing but got some good tips from Zain and a few others who had started before me. An early run in with a neighbor left me almost troopless and had N.M. threatening me but I managed to lay low and was able to grow to a decent size.

At around 250-300K I started having my first real conflicts with enemy tribes. xGoDx had been aggressive towards other BA-I players south of me so I knew they would come for me soon. They had wiped out a little noob tribe near me and were at my doorstep. I lost my first village around this time when the duke of Jags threatened to have his whole tribe launch on me for nobling his target. Didn't want to risk fighting two tribes, was still pretty inexperienced at the time and had very little tribal presence around me.

When xGoDx finally attacked it was a shock to me. Seeing hundreds of incomings and especially the four noble targets with nukes and trains all landing on the same second. I had a few days to prepare and was able to get several villages stacked. My family was out of town so on the night of the first attacks I woke up at 4AM to check what happened and shift my defenses to the next wave. Then the noobie attacks started rolling in and I realized that other than the first handful of attackers, xGoDx had no clue what they were doing. Being inexperienced it was exhausting and unfortunately, my nearby tribemates were inactive for RL reasons and got nobled. N.M. had consolidated its control over K26 and they had no love for xGoDx so I made a deal to join them knowing that xGoDx could not afford another war front. Around this time my family came back and I decided I needed a break from TW. I found someone to take over the account and left W18.

Of course TW is tough to quit and a few months later I was playing on W24 where I used the experience from W18 to grow quickly and eventually held the number 2 spot. Had some great wars there but shortly after winning the core and going into internal mode I was bored. Around this time I learned my old W18 account had gotten banned for multiing. To keep it from barbing I logged in and set a sitter. After seeing that the account was fighting my old tribe and feeling a new interest in W18 I took back the reins on the account. I saw FUSE in shambles with an empty forum and didn't want stay so I joined up with TWA-N3 and got ready for a big fight.

The first to hit me surprisingly was my immediate neighbors. They caught me when my account had a sitting lapse while I was on vacation and I lost a bunch of villages. I came back and started hitting back and soon it was only KTtonic putting up much of a fight. Then xGoCx tried to run an op and Spack and his gf tried attacking from short range. Seeing xGoCx fail and die felt good as I still connected them to the first real tribe I fought, xGoDx.

At this point I had almost used up the surplus of nobles from the ban. I had had a few encounters with S and saw they were moving into K26. Sure enough the incomings started rolling in and shortly thereafter the big war began and a few MM joined in as well. I even got a few fakes from FEAR. Thanks to some awesome sitters, loads of support and truly awful op planning on S's part I held up through months of attacks and eventually started pushing into K36. The attacks on me dwindled away after a last push from the K36 people and for a few months it was just me and EmmanuelFr fighting it out. Then Apoc reached K36 and the wave of deletions started.

I have dominance in K26 and K36 now and the days of being under heavy fire are long gone. W18 was the most exciting world I've played and I miss the old days (I like the extra free time more though)

I was not much of a leader on W18 but the lessons here helped me on W24 where the two tribes I was a duke in and engineered an alliance between are now ranked 1 and 2.

My epic successes would be staying positive on conquers vs xGoDx, xGoCx, MM and S even though I was far from my tribe and under constant attack. The first couple days of fighting vs GoC and Outcast where I had my first succesful backtimes and nobled almost 30 villages in one day. The many battles with EmmanuelFr and trying to pick out the real nukes vs the fakes. Catching on to swordmongers plan to make deathstars in the middle of my cluster and stopping all of them. W18 was great, thank you to all my tribemates and enemies for making it such a fun time.

DeletedUser67005

Here goes...

I started my TW career in W14, with my cousin (SADKA). We were complete failures ;) It didn't take too long before we were mowed down by a massive tribe in the area. I was thinking of leaving the game, seeing as I was no good at it. Though, SADKA had joined W18, so I'd thought I'd give TW another try. We were close by in our home K, K76, and started in a tribe called Heaven. There, I Iearned from players like Karma Mitch, and GMoneyClip, though I had never truly understood much...

{K} had been a large tribe in the area, and war with them was unnavoidable. So naturally, we went to war. SADKA had learned he was a great diplomat, and for a while, was key to Heaven.

After weeks of exchanging nukes and villages, it was clear that Heaven would soon be going to hell. {K} were too large, considering they were a 3-4 tribe family.

GMoneyClip learned that AoO was opposing {K} as well. They were much larger than us, and we knew that by joining them, we still had a chance to eradicate the {K} fam.

DeletedUser67005

(Forgive me, my system does not allow me to post too much in one post)

We were given a choice to join either AoO or {K}. Unfortunately, majority joined {K} or deleted. Of those who went to {K}, our leader went. That discouraged us. GMoneyClip , Karma and a few others defeated him, unwillingly...

I made quick friends with everyone in AoO, mainly Jmcgeach, Cosgrave, bobert, and a couple others.

AoO was a great tribe. Many called us weak and minor, but we made an example of {K} (kind of :p) We reached rank 1 in ODD, and entered top ten in ODA. We were out conquering them on the majority of our fronts. But INF got pulled into it. Some of INF, that is. The rest were off fighting wars against UAN and WarGod. Then the threat of -MM- popped up... Not good,lol

Eventually, AoO couldn't hold so many fronts, and MM came up with a deal. Our best players went to MM, the rest were to be unharmed... But I guess INF had other plans. In due time, AoO split, and were defeated player by player.

Last edited:

DeletedUser67005

I kept close friends with Jmc, and was a friend of TheMudge (Relationship with Mudge was confusing :p)

Things kept going. I really don't know what happened with {K}, they just kinda left. Karny (duke of {K}) went to MM... :S

I eventually reunited with Cos, where I have stood for a long time now.

Though (must have been about a year ago now :S) I was in a fatal crash that probably should have killed me (was given a 50-50 chance of life). But here I am :D I was out of commission for a long time. My brother (who was actually in TWA at the time) took my account and informed my friends. I was welcomed back, and things have gone on...

I'm sure there's stuff I'm missing, but I can't remember right now... :S

DeletedUser

I joined w18 as one of my friends suggested I give it a go as it required very little time to play (yeah, right!)

I was in K51, he was in K45 and was baron of a small tribe "Roman Republic" (_RR_). He then moved to a family tribe "Kingdom Hearts K45" (KH~K45) and I, with a dizzying 776 points, followed (Post script: I suspect both tribes were very early casualties of the expansion of "The Elite Brotherhood")

I elected to join a local tribe (~TLoT~) immediately before by first conquer. One of my first "diplomatic" acts was to define a boundary between ~TLoT~ and the neighbouring tribe (Delian I believe). ~TLoT~ grew rapidly to dominate the eastern 2/3rds of K51. It was at that time that Delian (led by Neoptolemus, supported by Wolfhunt1) swore fealty to RKN to become RKN-D. That meant that we had RKN-D to the west, RKN to the north (K41), The FFDx to the east (K52) and Panthx and ARD to the south (K61). K61 seemed the best option, until the inhabitants joined TWA as TWA-W. Declaring war on TWA, RKN or FFDx seemed suicidal so my second major diplomatic act was to arrange the merger of RKN-D and ~TLoT~ to form RKN-51.

The first acts of RKN-51 were to secure its western border by moving into K50 verses "Warriors of War" (~W.W~) and to engage in a land grab to the south and south west (verses ARD et al). It was during the push along the western rim that we encountered Fire Nation (~FN~) who, after some negotiation, joined RKN as RKN-SA. RKN-51 had been renamed RKN-W and started pushing east through K52 and Legion.

Eventually Neo was appointed to the Quad (which required him to move to RKN), leaving Wolfhunt1 and me to lead RKN-W. That prompted a restructing of the family so that the tribes were regarded as equal and the members of the Quad could be drawn from any of the tribes (and still remain in those tribes). We later reorganised to according to geography and direction of advance which meant that I moved into RKN-C (#2 tribe behind MM), later becoming the tribe's Duke. RKN-C made rapid progress though Legion's K52 presence (acquiring a couple of key players such as lackmanblue & scguillaume during Christmas 2008).

At that time Adanouch invited me down to K62/K63/K64 to help fight |TF|I & Legion (Moonchild, Sir Deano etc) just after Christmas.

In May of 2009 the "UA" council determined that TWA and RKN would merge. I believe Zurtle initially suggested Apocalypse at which I came up with the horseman idea. TWA-N3 became Apoc-D (which RKN-C merged into), TWA-S became Apoc-W, TWA-N1 became Apoc-C (which RKN-N merged into) and RKN-S became Apoc-F. I had hoped TWA-W would merge into Apoc-F but they didn't and became Apoc-N :-(

Apoc's progression through the core is well documented. Until recently my focus has been eastwards along the 6x Ks. Over the course of my time in W18 I have gained dominance in 3 Ks (51, 64 & 65). I intend to add one more to the collection before the world ends :)

Although I have rimmed a few dozen players during my time I can't claim to have been solely responsible for rimming a "world" player. That said probably one of my most rewarding conflicts was against AA after he forgot which side he was on while allegedly spying on MM for Apoc. AA wasn't a particularly tough opponent but boy did he blub as he was taken down :)

Postscript

Sorry - forgot to respond to all of the OP's questions!

What Ks you had major presences in along the way I sort of answered this but, for the sake of completeness, I have had and maintained major (>50 vills) presences in K51, K52, K61, K63, K64, K65, K75, K87 (#1 in K51, K64, K65 and...)

What leadership roles you had in any tribes... Baron in ~TLoT~, Duke in RKN-51 (now Apoc-F), Duke in RKN-C, UA council member, Duke in Apoc-D/Apoc.

Epic successes and failures... Thankfully more successes than failures.

Probably the major successes have been diplomacy/leadership orientated. Just one more to knock down: Part of the team that won W18 :) On a personal level I was very happy to repel the all-out offensive on me by TF that was led by Cal- without the loss of a single village (despite some pretty close quarters nobling attempts). I like to think that their failure to make even a minor dent in me precipitated Cal- & Rattlesnake8's deletion (they deleted very soon after the last attack foundered on my walls). Perhaps one of my most unexpected and rewarding experiences was while I was sitting LORD77en who was based in K55 (at that time deep in MM territory) and resisted the attentions of all the surrounding players, including the vastly overrated LLT, and allowed a number of Apoc players (including Zurtle) to gain a foothold in the K.

On the failure front failure to stop the self destruction of Apoc-W (now TF) was a low point as was the failure to get willmn5095 (and a couple of other TF players) to come back to Apoc, despite the writing being on the wall for TF and Cal- & Rattlesnake8 deleting. On a personal level my attention level has waxed and waned throughout my time on w18 which has meant I have alternated between surgical (w.r.t. timing nukes/trains/support) and completely gash. Not exactly "epic" but still a little disappointing!

Last edited by a moderator:

dukefan7777777

This could be fun.

What K you started in.

I started in K57, pretty much ran K57 until I quit.

What Ks you had major presences in along the way - and whether or not you held them.

Mostly K57 as stated above, also had some in K56 and K47

What leadership roles you had in any tribes...

I once led a tribe called 7L, we were good, less than 20 members but were top 10 in points and OD. We merged into V which then became -MM-. I led -MM- with Super Sweet and Keee (korlick) and a few others as well. I believe that had that tribe stayed together and nobody quit due to rl etc, we would have ruled W18, we were a machine. Best tribe ive ever been apart of.

Epic successes and failures...

Successes:
Owning nearly all K57
Making many friends in TW
Leading one of the strongest tribes of W18 for a fair amount of time

Failures:
MM's war against Aggression

DeletedUser

Forkrul is Sechul Lath? You've done a great job! Two thumbs up for you :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Was it also you sending 8K fakes from his account?

it was only 8k? thought i hit 10k. :icon_confused: but yes that was me :icon_biggrin:

at the time i was focusing on k35 where i had moved too. so i used swords account to hit you with fakes/nukes/nobles/etc. he was still playing. just didnt have time to throw fakes around. completely legal as well. i was never about cheating.

DeletedUser47572

I originally started in K59 as a brand new nublet that knew very little about what I was doing on the davewardrop account. I was invited to a few tribes which I went and joined but soon realised that I was reading quite a lot about what to do and the strategies of playing. I ended up in TNK I think it was noble crusaders or something of that nature. I quickly took up a role in council where I was set with organising offensive and defensive strategy, I had to learn a lot quickly. The duke RevNortonPete (original player) said he didn't want to be duke anymore, shortly after we became part of the INF family INF-GL if I remember rightly (Gluttony), and suggested that I was the best candidate to take up the role even though I had no idea what I was doing.

As INF-GL we engaged ~AS~ (Aggression) which were directly to our north had to learn a lot quickly attacking and defending against them, and I think that ultimately they actually taught me large parts of the game. We ended up calling a ceasefire mainly due to the lack of support from the other INF tribes, we were the smallest of them all. Then joined with aggression, essentially we merged and from there myself and ZZDragon became firm friends, who disagreed quite a lot!!!

ZZ gave me a role of organising ops and such like and asked if I would like to move from my account to Cadara I agreed and moved over to it after giving my villages away, unforgeablely the interim player that was on the account managed to get it banned while I was giving villages out, and it lost around 100 villages. I took it over still and went on and played it.

Around this time we fought -MM-, wow they attacked constantly and all respect to them for coming at us so hard. I think we gave them just as good as we got, and it was a great fight in my opinion still one of the best wars in W18 and if it hadn't been for APOC I would have loved to see it all the way through. As Cadara, LLT planned an op on me which involved the better part of 14k of incoming. I held out with some support and a hell of a lot of sniping and gained 100 Million ODD the first player on W18 to do so.

Shortly after this, with the threat of APOC and in part the failed op on me -MM- and us tried to merge which ultimately didn't work I think in part down to egos on both sides and me in part being a bad tempered so and so.

I continue playing for a while after this but I was quickly losing interest, I had been looking at maps for that long and planning ops ever since the start of the world ultimately I knew then that it was an unwinable battle. Sure I should have probably tried in retrospect I could have been wrong. All credit in a way has to go to APOC on this world, they created a format that creates a dead world where they will win, however if it were me I think I would have preferred the longevity, and what could have been some great small wars the world could have seen.

Successes: Making so many friends from an online game many of which I have actually met now and they are as nice in RL as they were in a game.
Failures: I don't really do failure more of lessons learnt for future.

What am I doing now? I'm playing W47 as Demented Intentions where I am duke of a top 5 tribe, have some great players who are active and enjoy fighting. The lessons learnt from this world are shaping my decisions on that one. I am even naming my villages after W18 players from both sides MM, INF, A, and APOC though my memory is awful so I forget a lot of the great players here. If you want a village named after you drop me a mail sometime or hit me up on skype (david.jh.wardrop).

Warayama

As INF-GL we engaged ~AS~ (Aggression) which were directly to our north had to learn a lot quickly attacking and defending against them, and I think that ultimately they actually taught me large parts of the game. We ended up calling a ceasefire mainly due to the lack of support from the other INF tribes, we were the smallest of them all. Then joined with aggression, essentially we merged and from there myself and ZZDragon became firm friends, who disagreed quite a lot!!!

ZZ gave me a role of organising ops and such like and asked if I would like to move from my account to Cadara I agreed and moved over to it after giving my villages away...

Dave, you seem to have left a bit out....you left INF-GL for RL reasons, I thought...then when you could again rejoied INF taking up a defensive account, which you deleted and sent all your support to ZZ, which INF were waring...or am I wrong?

DeletedUser47572

Dave, you seem to have left a bit out....you left INF-GL for RL reasons, I thought...then when you could again rejoied INF taking up a defensive account, which you deleted and sent all your support to ZZ, which INF were waring...or am I wrong?

Oh yes nearly forgot all about that completely! Yes I took up an account there prior to cadara.

DeletedUser

Started in k88...hold that K from the start till the moment I hit delete.
I was spread like virus on many K's...tbh have no idea how many.
Apoc never took vill from me while I was active...wich is kinda funny.

Was co-duke in Flying circus with Sideshow Bob(we played Knighthood together,get bored and came here)...really loved that tribe.
Unfortunatelly RL,inactivity and our war with INF was to much for us as tribe...INF-WL duke sporanox is came up with a deal...so we joined INF family insteed of fighting them. Had great time in INF...was part of the south team...the best team ever...oh,and loved Ruds and mine competitions...good times:)

Failure: INF and MM merge...when bs in MIM is started was time to leave this world.

What I am doing now: I am painter,vampire is my zodiac sign :lol: so mostly painting during the night...and kicking some ppl a.. on w47 atm :icon_smile:

W18 was my first world and tbh was great world...met some awesome ppl here.

Warayama

Ok here is mine.

I came over from Knighthood and was apart of DVA. I started out in K69 and was a long way away from anyone. I think there was one other guy in K69, so I joined "BOS" - Brotherhood of the Sword. Their Duke went inactive - only one Duke so they abandoned the Tribe and started again. We had some waring with INF and I upset a few INF guys by crashing trains, organising re-nobling of villages.

When BOS reformed I started to go alone and INF "hugged" me, after they realised I was active and probably a good recruit. I also brought with me my team mate Herrhertog. He was a great player who taught me about timing...Soon after joining INF I moved into K68 - 400k point player - and took on Gented and Zeidrich (1m players). They had a go and were not successful in getting villages off me. Then we went to peace with MM.

Rudegar and I chatted and I was promoted to Co-Duke. Basically I did all the background stuff. Took ideas from players and implemented them - like a linked claiming system, which worked really well. Cut down all the BS. Not in the claimer, not a dispute. I worked heaps with Maddawgmike and we became besties...

With Rudes we warred AoO, Flying Circus, UAN, Aggression and APOC-R. We nearly warred MM (again) - there was a crazy plan and I put a stop to it. We had a pretty serious discussion with the leaders of MM. Many of them lasting for a short time and resulting in mergers. We merged all INF into one tribe and this is when I met Sporanox - a top guy. We successfully merged 3 tribes (and others - Flying Circus, AoO, K) into 2 and had a pretty good thing going. I got married and sort of stepped aside. This is when Rudes realised it was on his shoulders to run the tribe and MM were always on about a merge, he thought that it was opportune time to merge with MM. This really was the downfall. People didn't get on. Bitching and lying occurred and distrust set in. Mudge and I tried to sort it - I became Duke again, but it was too far gone. Mudge pulled the pin and I knew that it was really beyond recovery. I think some of our players (not naming anyone) have a lot of paranoia in RL and this game can play on that if you let it.

I moved down from K69 and had solid presence in K86 too and took on some APOC-R guys, but I was really struggling with RL and time for the game. Hey - thoses guys hardly attacked me.

After the epic failure of the merger of INF and MM, I stayed on to help my partner in crime - maddawgmike.

Best fighters - by far has to be Robstack and Veer2. We had some great battles - for example 947|593 (sorry not sure how to link this to the game, but it was taken a number of times in a few days.)

Funniest - got to be Herrhertog and Friarstale. Thanks you guys, you made the game fun.

Craziest - got to be maddawgmike. He's in the church hood but loved sending Nukes!

Thanks for your fun all.

Wara

DeletedUser

Ok here is mine.

I came over from Knighthood and was apart of DVA. I started out in K69 and was a long way away from anyone. I think there was one other guy in K69, so I joined "BOS" - Brotherhood of the Sword. Their Duke went inactive - only one Duke so they abandoned the Tribe and started again. We had some waring with INF and I upset a few INF guys by crashing trains, organising re-nobling of villages.

When BOS reformed I started to go alone and INF "hugged" me, after they realised I was active and probably a good recruit. I also brought with me my team mate Herrhertog. He was a great player who taught me about timing...Soon after joining INF I moved into K68 - 400k point player - and took on Gented and Zeidrich (1m players). They had a go and were not successful in getting villages off me. Then we went to peace with MM.

Rudegar and I chatted and I was promoted to Co-Duke. Basically I did all the background stuff. Took ideas from players and implemented them - like a linked claiming system, which worked really well. Cut down all the BS. Not in the claimer, not a dispute. I worked heaps with Maddawgmike and we became besties...

With Rudes we warred AoO, Flying Circus, UAN, Aggression and APOC-R. We nearly warred MM (again) - there was a crazy plan and I put a stop to it. We had a pretty serious discussion with the leaders of MM. Many of them lasting for a short time and resulting in mergers. We merged all INF into one tribe and this is when I met Sporanox - a top guy. We successfully merged 3 tribes (and others - Flying Circus, AoO, K) into 2 and had a pretty good thing going. I got married and sort of stepped aside. This is when Rudes realised it was on his shoulders to run the tribe and MM were always on about a merge, he thought that it was opportune time to merge with MM. This really was the downfall. People didn't get on. Bitching and lying occurred and distrust set in. Mudge and I tried to sort it - I became Duke again, but it was too far gone. Mudge pulled the pin and I knew that it was really beyond recovery. I think some of our players (not naming anyone) have a lot of paranoia in RL and this game can play on that if you let it.

I moved down from K69 and had solid presence in K86 too and took on some APOC-R guys, but I was really struggling with RL and time for the game. Hey - thoses guys hardly attacked me.

After the epic failure of the merger of INF and MM, I stayed on to help my partner in crime - maddawgmike.

Best fighters - by far has to be Robstack and Veer2. We had some great battles - for example 947|593 (sorry not sure how to link this to the game, but it was taken a number of times in a few days.)

Funniest - got to be Herrhertog and Friarstale. Thanks you guys, you made the game fun.

Craziest - got to be maddawgmike. He's in the church hood but loved sending Nukes!

Thanks for your fun all.

Wara

Interesting read. Better than others.