Personal Insults vs. Idle Banter Discussion

DeletedUser

Can we expect muzzling soon?

Whatever for?
Yours is really the first that's gone off topic (considering the topic of the thread changed, and no one seems to mind), and everyone is having some good natured fun (from what I can tell... )
Feel free to report anything you feel doesn't belong and I'll happily look at it though...

DeletedUser

Please try to stay on topic folks, and keep your flaming within the confines of the game, personal insults will result in infractions.
Carry on...

Are you kidding me Areyoukidden?? I would consider being called a coward a personal insult, but the continual goal post changing in this world is at least consistent.

DeletedUser

Are you kidding me Areyoukidden?? I would consider being called a coward a personal insult, but the continual goal post changing in this world is at least consistent.

I think in the context it was used, it was directed in the sense of how the person plays the game, they were too cowardly to attack, fight, yada yada... There's nothing stating two players need to get along, be friends, or post glorious things about one another. For me, the opinions from someone of how I play a game, are trivial, not something I'd take personally or seriously, and I'd hope you wouldn't either especially considering it's a guy from the opposing team, he's going to try to rattle your cage.... It's idle banter...

However if/when the context of the posts goes behind the confines of the game, and becomes a personal insult (ie. his mothers a two bit tramp... clearly not game related at all) then I'll be happy to put a stop to it.

PS. If you want to discuss further, we can take it to private.

DeletedUser

you know this is sooooooooooooooooo pathetic, for a player who have quit he got so much time posting in the externals, FEC is a pure bred COWARD........

a schoolboy tellss the tribal wars world that he need to study for his future...Hhahahahahah...You know I find it funny cause he got more time to post in the forums instead of studying...

for me FIFTH ELEMENT CHOICE IS A COWARD! HAHAHAHHAHAHAH!

I would consider this a insult as it goes past the confines of the game.
It insults the player's choice of quitting tribal wars and focusing on his future, insults his ambition to study and give himself a better future instead of some villages; a coward for studying?

They say troublsom1 puts a bad image on ??? , but Ampac sounds like ,well
I don't wanna personally insult him :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

If one player brings the reason for his departure being school into the forums, is it not another posters right to criticize him for it, or call him out on the logic of the reasoning? (sure he posted in a childish way, but that doesn't make it personal).

When you go to the zoo, and a monkey flings a turd at you, do you jump into the cage and try to beat him senseless?

No, you laugh it off, or ignore him, and move on.

DeletedUser

Thought I'd start this up, instead of dominating another thread, since multiple people want to discuss this topic in the forums, which makes it harder to take it to private.

I don't claim I'm right in my assessment, this is a fairly gray area, so I'd like to have an understanding of what the forum here feels is personal vs. acceptable. I'm a fairly lenient person, I've said it before, and will likely say it again, but I believe people are here for their enjoyment, and extreme censorship isn't overly enjoyable, however neither is having ones self slagged/defamed to the point of embarrassment (although often I find the aggressor has more to be embarrassed about... )

So you the posters, tell me what is crossing the line, vs not crossing the line....

Last edited by a moderator:

ampac

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Can we expect muzzling soon?

for what I ddin't violate any forum rules all the post I made are related ingame.

The word coward is addresed ingame not personally, I don't give a shit on how he understands it.

I would consider this a insult as it goes past the confines of the game.
It insults the player's choice of quitting tribal wars and focusing on his future, insults his ambition to study and give himself a better future instead of some villages; a coward for studying?

They say troublsom1 puts a bad image on ??? , but Ampac sounds like ,well
I don't wanna personally insult him :icon_biggrin:

there are more ways to address this fec, if you guys are guillable enough to believe all the post that he is studying with no solid proof that he is studying i suggest that all of you find proof that he is studying, when fec left its in time of war its pure cowardice, what im saying is its an overused reason throughout the whole tw world..then u will find out he is playing in another world or maybe co-playing somebody...its just really funny.....

Last edited: