Petition for new worlds to start at 1/1/1 mines

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

You know you want it

(Obviously aimed at farmable barbs, not saving 3 minutes of building time)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99405

Most likely for barbs and much faster farming.
Shit idea, nope. Accept the challenge don't try to change it.

DeletedUser54579

no point, theres already been enough changes to support the noobs...errm I mean the casual players as it is....

DeletedUser106946

no point, theres already been enough changes to support the noobs...errm I mean the casual players as it is....

How do you mean? I think new players are at a far greater disadvantage now then when I started back in 2007. Fake numbers have increased, more coplayed accounts, 150-300ms trains are the norm now depending on attack gap, among many other things.

In fact, most of the additions there to make the game more "noob friendly" have helped veterans get off to quicker and better starts. I give a new player a 5% chance of discovering quests and utilizing them even somewhat correctly. Same deal with paladins.

They won't get even close to microfarming and will be in fact be lucky to even make it through bp with their quest troops.

Now add in flags. If you're not already used to the interface, you could go weeks before you even notice them.

Limited / No Hauls is the only setting I've seen that actually can help new players. Yeah they'll probably still fail quickly without proper instruction or lots of reading but at least they get to make it to nobles. In worlds like this it's bp and done.

DeletedUser

It's not that I or anyone else CAN'T adapt to the 7/hour barbs, I just don't want to. It's not remotely fun to have to spam out your spears/swords in 2/2 only to get <5/5/5 each time (aside from getting to moan about it, which is definitely fun). This wouldn't just support "noobs", it would make startup more enjoyable for everyone.

Limited / No Hauls is the only setting I've seen that actually can help new players. Yeah they'll probably still fail quickly without proper instruction or lots of reading but at least they get to make it to nobles. In worlds like this it's bp and done.

Fake limit/pre-tagged attacks would also help newer players quite a bit, and would make late game more fun for pretty much everyone but I guess that's not really relevant now.

Status
Not open for further replies.